Anyone playing ACWW on Wii U?

jvgsjeff

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
Cake
Apparently Wild World is available on Wii U Virtual Console in Europe, and they removed the requirement of visiting another town to unlock Nookington's [source]. Is anyone playing the Wii U version? How do you like it?

I never owned the original DS version (though I did play it briefly), so I plan on giving the Wii U version a try if/when it comes to America.

I don't have a Wii U, but if I did I still wouldn't get Wild World on it. Possibly Let's Go To The City but Wild World is already here in my hands and the resolution would look horrible on the big screen. Why can't they scale up the resolution like this? :

That video looks great! I know a lot of people don't like how the game looks on a 3DS XL, but I love it. I don't think it would work on anything bigger, though.

I would buy it as soon as it gets on the North American eShop. Great game, would love to play it on the big screen.

I don't have a Wii U, but if I did I still wouldn't get Wild World on it. Possibly Let's Go To The City but Wild World is already here in my hands and the resolution would look horrible on the big screen. Why can't they scale up the resolution like this? :

Oh my gosh, you just made my day. That video gave me the biggest nostalgia hit. :lemon:

It's funny, looking back the short stubby characters had a charm all of their own. And seeing the beach on the same level as the grass. I remember being so excited over the whole cliff thing when waiting for New Leaf but now looking back in time I realise Wild World had so much of it's own unique charm. The hourly tunes are heaps better in my opinion too. Some of New Leafs tunes I've come to even dislike and will mute the DS. It's as though Nintendo didn't put the same heart into NLs tunes.

Now I should stop my nostalgic blabbing. :rolleyes:

In GCN and NL I will mute the game or not play during 10PM and 7PM, respectively.

In WW and CF I love every song, and feel like a lot of effort was into it. 10AM and 11AM in those games are so unappreciated. They never really get noticed, along with 12AM, 7PM, 3AM, 2PM, etc.. In fact, most people prefer GCN's or NL's hourly songs.

This is why I think CF being a "rehash" of WW had it's good and bad sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always get a used copy and see for yourself by trying it on a 3DS since the 3DS plays DS games, but it'll look rather crappy though. Really, the game was tailored to the DS, with the action occurring on the touch screen, the top was very rarely used (outside constellations the slingshot is really the only thing, and then it's either shooting balloons or Pete/Gulliver flying by). Keep in mind too, graphically it's a step down from the GameCube- it's above Animal Island though, but the Wii U doesn't change that, it's still pretty pixelated.

Also, a feature that many seem to overlook is that WW still has is local play to play with others in your town (it's exactly the same as New Leaf where you can play with another person in the vicinity), that of course doesn't work on the Wii U. Since the Wi-Fi is gone, so you can't play with anyone over the internet in either version anyway. The positive is what you said, that they removed the requirement of having to have someone shop at your store to get Nookington's.

In short, with this game being optimized to work on the DS, the Wii U just isn't going to give it the same justice a DS would. However, you will get to experience all the WW-only holidays, and fantastic dialog that so many rave over (myself included). So if that's all you want to experience since the series is likely never to have the Flower Festival returning (that was so fun and easy to win, it's coming up soon too!), then I say go for it.

You could always get a used copy and see for yourself by trying it on a 3DS since the 3DS plays DS games, but it'll look rather crappy though. Really, the game was tailored to the DS, with the action occurring on the touch screen, the top was very rarely used (outside constellations the slingshot is really the only thing, and then it's either shooting balloons or Pete/Gulliver flying by). Keep in mind too, graphically it's a step down from the GameCube- it's above Animal Island though, but the Wii U doesn't change that, it's still pretty pixelated.

Also, a feature that many seem to overlook is that WW still has is local play to play with others in your town (it's exactly the same as New Leaf where you can play with another person in the vicinity), that of course doesn't work on the Wii U. Since the Wi-Fi is gone, so you can't play with anyone over the internet in either version anyway. The positive is what you said, that they removed the requirement of having to have someone shop at your store to get Nookington's.

In short, with this game being optimized to work on the DS, the Wii U just isn't going to give it the same justice a DS would. However, you will get to experience all the WW-only holidays, and fantastic dialog that so many rave over (myself included). So if that's all you want to experience since the series is likely never to have the Flower Festival returning (that was so fun and easy to win, it's coming up soon too!), then I say go for it.

Yeah, it's interesting but the graphics are a shame. I've not looked into it but I wonder if the frame rates have improved or if the Wii U emulation speed is locked.

there's no point for me, i have two copies so can get nookington's, so what would be the point of playing a stretched out version of a game i already own? :confused:

I still have my actual copy from when I was 10 haha, so no point. If I didn't I would have gotten it though. Here's hoping for the GameCube version to get released on virtual console as I've never played that one. ^_^

When I saw that Europe got WW on the Virtual Console I was so excited for them!!!

So I waited, and hoped with that last Nintendo Direct that they would announce it for NA as well. Nope.

I kept thinking about the game - it has been years since I played Wild World... so I bought a used copy for my New Nintendo 3DS. And it works!

But I would rather have it on the WiiU. Do you think eventually they will update it for NA?

When I saw that Europe got WW on the Virtual Console I was so excited for them!!!

So I waited, and hoped with that last Nintendo Direct that they would announce it for NA as well. Nope.

I kept thinking about the game - it has been years since I played Wild World... so I bought a used copy for my New Nintendo 3DS. And it works!

But I would rather have it on the WiiU. Do you think eventually they will update it for NA?

NA?

I've started a town...I liked my map and my three first penguin villagers...
But I never continued, haha...^^;

Animal Crossing GameCube please.

Animal crossing wild world was the best game when I was little all my cousins and siblings played it. I spent countless hours making my town perfect but now it's messed up at least I got the stuff I wanted. ACWW for Wii u? Not looking forward to it, New leaf is so much better and more fun play!

Oh man I wish it was released for the USA as well. smh. ;^;

I have a copy of WW so time to go play that. :D

Back