• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever used Contact Mode (Tag Mode)?

Do you use Contact Mode / Tag Mode?

• Total voters

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Has anyone on here actually used Contact Mode (or Tag Mode in the US) with anyone?

For if you've forgotten what it is, basically you just release a note in a bottle then go to the main menu, launch Contact Mode and Rover appears on the screen. Then, just close the lid and it will scan for other systems to swap notes and possibly some other stuff. It's kind of like Streetpass, I guess.

I did it once with my sister. Other than that though, never.

I randomly got a note in a bottle from somebody named Matt once. I have no idea how because as far as I know I never tried contact mode.

I randomly got a note in a bottle from somebody named Matt once. I have no idea how because as far as I know I never tried contact mode.

Could it have been a random one? Or...
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/23197/t864138-oddest-note-in-bottle-messages - anonymous222222 said:
My weirdest one said; I hope you have use for this hat.
From, Matt. Attached was a shepard hat.
I got the same one three times.

I used to use it all the time. I was in a group on another forum & we would send out Bottle notes all the time. It was fun to get notes on the beach, you never knew who it was coming from.

Oh! I don't know. When I brought my sister into my game last week, my options were for Wi-Fi (which we know doesn't work anymore) or "DS to DS." So I thought maybe "Contact Mode" meant something else.

Contact Mode is the thing from the main menu where you can choose to continue, create a new character or erase your town. Something like that. Are you referring to Copper's options? If you are, I've only spoken to him a couple times so... eh. :p

I only did it a few times, and yes, it's virtually the same as StreetPass, but it was JUST Wild World, unlike SP which gives you data for other games at the same time too (as well as the plaza stuff). It's probably why I like SP so much today, since no one around me ever used a DS wirelessly other than to visit towns.

I got a couple of bottle messages from somebody named Matt too ... Maybe they were just official ones? :O

i used it all the time: the people who came to my town's bottles would wash up on my shore, and my friends all played animal crossing wild world so i had endless funny notes through that

I did it once with my sister years ago, I don't think I did it any time soon after that though. Personally I think it'd be a bit more of a useful function if you could send it to others around the world. That'd be cute, but then again we all know what happened to Nintendo letterbox...

I used to do it with my brother. We'd send notes to each other, mainly silly little things. It was fun, though. c:

Back