Happy St. David's Day!! is anybody here Welsh??

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
so its St. David's Day today, in celebration of the patron saint of Wales, and all things Welsh.

my grandfather always said our namesake ancestor immigrated from Wales to the USA centuries ago. he mighta been English, mighta been Welsh. dunno for sure. but its fun to celebrate St. David's Day, and to make some Welsh rarebit, pots of steaming hot caul, and potato leek soup, and to grab a shot of Welsh single malt whiskey. (oo- checkout my celebratory giveaway on the TBT Market board)

anybody here Welsh??

4c4741f1152bf641d5b4e153dc0fba35.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of this but hey, another holiday woo hoo! Also I would LOVE some potato leek soup, bring some to my work please waifu. <3

eh you'll have to make your own, all your ghosties got out of the garage and are crowding my kitchen. (when i said i like spirits, i meant booze!). here's my recipe:

POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE

--melt 1 oz butter in soup pot; lightly fry 2 Cups of diced potato in the butter.
--then, add into the soup pot and bring to boil:
2 and 1/2 Cups vegetable or chicken stock; 1 and 1/4 Cups milk; 3 chopped leeks (just the white stalks); pinch of cumin (my americas touch); salt, pepper, celery salt to taste.
--after boil, simmer on low up to 30 minutes, until broth is thick.
--garnish servings with cheese, sour cream, and chives or chopped green leek leaves.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant!

Last edited:
eh you'll have to make your own, all your ghosties got out of the garage and are crowding my kitchen. (when i said i like spirits, i meant booze!). here's my recipe:

POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE

--melt 1 oz butter in soup pot; lightly fry 2 Cups of diced potato in the butter.
--then, add into the soup pot and bring to boil:
2 and 1/2 Cups vegetable or chicken stock; 1 and 1/4 Cups milk; 3 chopped leeks (just the white stalks); pinch of cumin (my americas touch); salt, pepper, celery salt to taste.
--after boil, simmer on low up to 30 minutes, until broth is thick.
--garnish servings with cheese, sour cream, and chives or chopped green leek leaves.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant!

Sounds amazing, I've only have canned potato leek soup and the dry stuff you add hot water too. I'll have to make it during our little cold front coming in during my vacation because it sounds great! For St.Patrick's last year I made potato and carrot cheddar ale soup and it was AMAZING!

I love St Patrick's Day- a great American holiday. i gotta go with corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes on the slow cooker on March 17.

here's one more of my best tho for da Welsh:

WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE (cheddar beer toast)

-Whisk over low heat in a sauce pan until a smooth sauce:
4 oz (1/2 Cup) beer (recommended = porter); 6 oz heavy cream or half-n-half; 2 Tablespoons butter; 2 Tablespoons flour; 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper; 6 oz shredded cheddar (about 1.5 Cups); teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; teaspoon Dijon mustard; 2-5 drops hot sauce.
--Toast rye bread, place sliced tomatoes and basil on each slice, ladle the Rarebit sauce over each slice, enjoy.

I love St Patrick's Day- a great American holiday. i gotta go with corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes on the slow cooker on March 17.

here's one more of my best tho for da Welsh:

WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE (cheddar beer toast)

-Whisk over low heat in a sauce pan until a smooth sauce:
4 oz (1/2 Cup) beer (recommended = porter); 6 oz heavy cream or half-n-half; 2 Tablespoons butter; 2 Tablespoons flour; 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper; 6 oz shredded cheddar (about 1.5 Cups); teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; teaspoon Dijon mustard; 2-5 drops hot sauce.
--Toast rye bread, place sliced tomatoes and basil on each slice, ladle the Rarebit sauce over each slice, enjoy.

Stop making me hungry when you wont bring me food to work. XD ALSO I totally drew a picture on paint for you contest, you better go appreciate it!

One half of my family are from Wales :) normally we would go to Borth (in Wales) for the day but we haven't done that for a couple of years now, life gets in the way unfortunately :( I'll be working today and so will my cousins.
A couple of years ago though we went and took the kids, spent the day walking the dogs on the beach (in the rain and wind, yay) and and ate chips outside this lovely little cafe on the Main Street :)
I miss those times

I wish i had a full Welsh breakfast right now! well except for the steamed cockles. and the laverbread cakes. ha ha, i guess it's the generic British full breakfast I be wantin then, but I'd sing like Tom Jones, and wax poetic like Dylan Thomas whilst having it! (I probably will have to settle for an egg mcmuffin...)

i'm not welsh but i love welsh ppl they are cuties, i've only been once but it was very pretty and i hope to go again

I'm part Welsh on my mother's side (it's actually a mix of Welsh/Irish/Scottish/English. we could never figure out for certain which one(s) it is since no one in our family will give us a straight answer)

I've never heard of this holiday though! o: I guess you learn something new everyday.
Happy belated Saint David's Day!

i don't really know if any of my family actually are welsh, but i guess my brother, my sisters and i are technically welsh as we were all born in wales.

i've lived in wales my entire life, though none of my family really does anything for st david's day. .-.

Happy St David's Day :)

I'm not Welsh, but I've been to Wales a few times, and my parents used to live there before I was born. It's a lovely place.

hey yeah I'm Welsh, lived in Wales all my life and one side of my family goes back to the early days of the country but pls don't come to wales you'll hate it here

hey yeah I'm Welsh, lived in Wales all my life and one side of my family goes back to the early days of the country but pls don't come to wales you'll hate it here

oh i'm coming to Wales one day, and i'm gonna love it. I'm going to visit Tintern Abbey and imagine I was there in the time of Wordsworth's famous visit. I'm going to check out the Dylan Thomas Centre. I'm gonna tour the Penderyn distillery. I'm gonna eat a full Welsh breakfast (well maybe not that). I'm going to hike and climb. I'm going to breathe the sea salt air at the coast.

Back