• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon POKEMON SUN AND MOON CONFIRMED!

Which new Pokemon game will you get?

• Pokemon Sun

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Pokemon Moon

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Both Games

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
Moon for now, but may change once the legendaries are confirmed.
But for now, pokemon moon looks and sounds cooler :D

~♚Vickie

Getting both games, no idea which one I'll main because I have no idea what the difference is yet.
That's also why I don't understand all this rooting for one version or the other, you all literally know nothing about the games beyond the titles.

Without more info, I'm leaning toward Moon. I usually choose the blue version when a new set comes out. My favorite Pokemon game ever is Heart Gold, which was a surprise for me, so I'm keeping an open mind.

Getting both games, no idea which one I'll main because I have no idea what the difference is yet.
That's also why I don't understand all this rooting for one version or the other, you all literally know nothing about the games beyond the titles.

Well unless they shake up the formula they're gonna be the same game with very minor differences so it's not that surprising to have picked one already, with online trading/gts getting version exclusives is pretty easy. Honestly I picked most of my versions just based on the name (gen 5 being an exception since I woulda got whichever game blue eyes white dragon was on lol)

Last edited:
Well unless they shake up the formula they're gonna be the same game with very minor differences so it's not that surprising to have picked one already, with online trading/gts getting version exclusives is pretty easy. Honestly I picked most of my versions just based on the name (gen 5 being an exception since I woulda got whichever game blue eyes white dragon was on lol)
I meant in terms of which Pokemon are available, what the legendaries/version mascots are, whether or not there will be version-exclusive environmental aesthetics (like G5), and so on. These are things people generally base their choice on. Seeing a certain Pokemon on the title screen is a small thing, but people do prefer Yveltal over Xerneas or vice versa (like how you prefer Reshiram over Zekrom), so they pick the version relevant to that.

I do hope there will be more exclusivity in the versions. G5 had a lot of small version-exclusive things, but G6 basically did away with all of it. With the base systems already having been made on the 3DS, I hope such changes between versions are making a return.

I won't decide now , gotta wait until the legendaries are announced ! Also , I think the games will be released in december , after the last fabulous pokemon is distributed . Meh .

I won't decide now , gotta wait until the legendaries are announced ! Also , I think the games will be released in december , after the last fabulous pokemon is distributed . Meh .
They were already announced for "Holiday 2016", so basically Christmas.

I've pre-ordered both, so I can get all the version exclusives, and play through the story a second time as soon as I've finished the first one!

will you be getting sun or moon?

which version will you be getting? im probably gonna go for moon because the legendary looks much better than the sun's one. the sun legendary just look like some kind of digimon.

Most likely going to get both, especially if Game Freak chooses not to put a stupid shiny lock on the legendaries.

Most likely going to get both, especially if Game Freak chooses not to put a stupid shiny lock on the legendaries.

this, why even lol :|

also most likely moon at this point, i like that thing better for now.

also i hope they remove region lock on the wifi events, stupidest thing ever.

Moon, I've always been buying the 'blue' ones if that makes sense :p like Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire

I'm probably getting moon but that might change a few weeks before it comes out.

I'm prob getting sun, I much prefer the sun legendary. Imo it's really sweet looking.

Back