• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Pokemon sumo

tumblr_inline_n8fbsvgy4I1rbw4rb.png

Last edited:
I don't know why but this game seems to have died pretty quickly. But I would like to add that the graphics were amazing.

I don't think that there was enough end game content for people to remain interested in it past beating it. Personally I love Battle Tree, but not everyone plays Pokemon competitively or EV/IV trains their team so BT was too difficult and frustrating for a lot of regular players. On top of that there wasn't really any opportunities or events that continued the story for people who just play the game casually.

Last edited:
SM's difficulty is seemingly higher than XY and ORAS...
Most notably. It seems people are having problems with Pokemon such as Lurantis and Wishiwashi. Lusamine's Clefable is supposed to be a pain the in ass as well. oml **** Guzma's Masquerain.
I struggled with Salazzle... Brionne was too damn slow to do any damage and I barely beat her with Cubone surviving with a pitiful point of HP and using Bonemerang. XD

Last edited:
SM's difficulty is seemingly higher than XY and ORAS...
Most notably. It seems people are having problems with Pokemon such as Lurantis and Wishiwashi. Lusamine's Clefable is supposed to be a pain the in ass as well. oml **** Guzma's Masquerain.
I struggled with Salazzle... Brionne was too damn slow to do any damage and I barely beat her with Cubone surviving with a pitiful point of HP and using Bonemerang. XD

I think it definitely is a lot harder, especially because of the new "[pokemon] called for help" feature. Such a pain in the rear end especially when you're trying to catch wild pokemon. But overall I really like the difficulty level in this one.

TFW you realize "Mahina piha" means full moon in Hawaiian. Oh Nintendo, you.

Source: Mahina. Piha.

Last edited:
Did anyone work out what the person outside battle tree did? You know, the person who wants you to wake him up or whatever.

So I'm trying to fill my dex, and I came across a midnight form Lycanroc in the tall grass. I have Sun and I thought only midday form was available in this one?

So I'm trying to fill my dex, and I came across a midnight form Lycanroc in the tall grass. I have Sun and I thought only midday form was available in this one?

The Pokemon are evolution locked when evolving form Rockruff, but you can find both evolutions in the wild.

The Pokemon are evolution locked when evolving form Rockruff, but you can find both evolutions in the wild.
What!?
And I felt hopeless when I couldn't get a Female Midday Lycanroc!
Welp, least I know now...

I finally got the Battle Royale ribbons for the same six Pokemon I took to the Pokemon League. Believe it or not, the Master Rank for the Battle Royale is easier than the Battle Tree in general. It's also easier than the stadium battles in Pokemon Stadium. But for the Battle Tree, is there anything in video gaming in general much harder than the Battle Tree? I don't think so, at least for Nintendo.

How many of you guys are still shiny hunting in these games? I've slowed down quite a lot but I'm trying to get back to it.

Last edited:
How many of you guys are still shiny hunting in these games? I've slowed down quite a lot but I'm trying to get back to it.

Just recently got back into it and I'm starting off slowly before I get back up to doing my usual 300 eggs a day (right now I'm just doing half that). I've hatched two shinies so far in the past week, a Moon Ball Minior at 1,575 eggs (started the hunt when Pok?Bank came out and took my hiatus at 900 eggs) and a Love Ball Lilligant at 204 eggs. Right now I'm working on a Dusk Ball Bronzong.

Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y can now be obtained globally through the serial code M2DESCENT via Mystery Gift. No end date has been announced for the event so pick them up while you can. Additionally, the Mawilite and Beedrillite mega stones will be given to everyone who participated in last month's International Challenge on March 7th through a shared serial code.

Oh yeah, Japan is also getting an exclusive shiny Tapu Koko event starting on March 17th so just inject it if you want it. - http://serebii.net/news/2017/03-March-2017.shtml

Ok did anyone else forget/not realize you never explored some places? For whatever reason, I've discovered several locations while trying to complete my dex that I never got to during the game, like the desert and a lot of Poni island. Just me being flighty or did anyone else have to go back to explore?

A bit of Guzma character analysis I found.
I feel like he got a lot of character through the world itself. Team Skull is made of people who either couldn't pass thebisland challenge or quit, Guzma wants revenge against the cpatains and Kahuna's that look down on him and his group. He has an attraction to Lusamine because out of everyone he has met he has never met she is someone that has treated him with any amount of love or respect. All of the people he has working for him care for him so much that they are willing to gang up on you to save their boss and even beg you pretty much. When he was younger he entered many contests but always got third place except for one time when he won second, He ran away from home when he was young because of his constant failures, and every time you beat him, he gets mad at HIMSELF instead of at you. He wants to be a captain or something close to it and he is determined to be a master of Bug Pokemon to the point he hordes every Bug Z Crystal they can find. Guzma has severe self esteem issues, and an inferiority complex. From everything I picked up about him from this game he acts confident and tough but when he is alone he is probably one of the saddest people in the whole series. His whole life has been nothing but a series of failures that he couldn't even stand to try again and risk another loss. There is also the implication that his dad beat him as a kid and when he grew up he took revenge on his dad via the golf clubs in the shed. Now before you scream murder, His dad is very much alive and even tells you "I tried to set that boy straight, but I got beat instead".

I'm so upset the gamebase died pretty quick. I just got back into it after a break due to personal reasons (just hit my 43rd hour and I'm still on the main story! I think I'm close to the end which makes me pretty sad tbh since battle tree doesn't seem like my type of thing.)

A minor gripe I still have is I hate how boring it feels to trade pokemon. If I didn't need a Gengar I wouldn't bother with it at all. I loved to wonder trade in XY/ORAS but it just doesn't feel the same with SuMo because I can't see all the people I've traded with. The festival plaza itself makes me motion sick but that's all on me.

I'm still playing Su/Mo. It's my first pokemon game and took my time exploring.
I prefer to catch the pokemon myself and just trade with my other copy for exclusive stuff.
Completed both Su/Mo and I'm now addicted to shiny hunting. Favorite is SOS.

Bought X/Y and ORAS. Plan to play thru those game soon.

Last edited:
Enter code Intimidate to recieve four Mega Stones. Gets you access to the mega forms of Beedrill, Audino, Medicham, and Mawile.

all the hype for soul-stealing 7 star strike

Last edited:
Back