Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I think the battle tree has infinite supply of mega stones, provided you have enough BP to buy them. That doesn't include the special rewards from the tree itself, though.

So, I'm now catching UBs, and soon I'll go for the Tapus. What are the best natures for them?

Edit: I'm playing Sun, so Buzzwole and Kartana.

Last edited:
So, I'm now catching UBs, and soon I'll go for the Tapus. What are the best natures for them?

Edit: I'm playing Sun, so Buzzwole and Kartana.

Timid (+Speed -Attack) for Xurkitree. He already has an insane base 173 Sp. Atk stat AND he learns Tail Glow (+3 to Sp. Atk each use), so a Modest nature would be a bit pointless. I would recommend against trying to make him defensive since he has no real form of recovery outside of Rest.

Any tips for someone who is TRASH at catching pokemon, on my way down Hokulani after "Soffy's" trial I can't catch several of the pokemon, I've tried a bunch of different balls and getting them down to a SLIVER of health and putting them to sleep and paralyzing them but nothing seems to be working, I'm having trouble with Skarmory and Beldum, I did have a hard time with Minior but got lucky with a quick ball. I've tried everything I can think of, if anybody has any tips I'll love you forever.

Any tips for someone who is TRASH at catching pokemon, on my way down Hokulani after "Soffy's" trial I can't catch several of the pokemon, I've tried a bunch of different balls and getting them down to a SLIVER of health and putting them to sleep and paralyzing them but nothing seems to be working, I'm having trouble with Skarmory and Beldum, I did have a hard time with Minior but got lucky with a quick ball. I've tried everything I can think of, if anybody has any tips I'll love you forever.
Beldum has a catch rate of a legendary so no doubt you'll have trouble lol. Sleep works better than paralysis iirc so don't bother with paralysis.

Beldum has a catch rate of a legendary so no doubt you'll have trouble lol. Sleep works better than paralysis iirc so don't bother with paralysis.

I tried with sleep first but then I was like, "I'm just gunna try everything." Good to know about Beldum, guess I'll just have to waste some balls on him and keep trying, Skarmory needs to stop being rude tho.

I tried with sleep first but then I was like, "I'm just gunna try everything." Good to know about Beldum, guess I'll just have to waste some balls on him and keep trying, Skarmory needs to stop being rude tho.

If you aren't already, have a Pelipper with Soak in the lead of your party and use it on the Beldum the first turn of the encounter. This will remove its Steel typing and replace it with Water, making it easier to False Swipe. Next, bring in Decidueye or Aegislash to False Swipe it down to 1HP. The Ghost typing will be immune to Take Down, so Beldum will be unable to kill itself through recoil. Finally, send out Lunala or anything from the Gengar or Palossand lines and spam Hypnosis and Pok?Balls until you catch it.

Net Balls now have a *3 catch rate multiplier thanks to Soak and Dusk Balls have a 3.5* catch rate multiplier if you are playing during the night. Keep a tally of your turns, and once the number of turns hits 31 then start using Timer Balls (*4 catch rate multiplier).

Last edited:
Just got to 2nd island, can barely figure out festival plaza.

Managed to catch a Jolly zubat but the ivs are so bad.

ARe bottle caps easy to get later?

Last edited:
They show you that tutorial in Festival Plaza about talking to people and showing them to attractions or doing missions for them. But no one has given any requests since that tutorial. Am I missing something here?

They show you that tutorial in Festival Plaza about talking to people and showing them to attractions or doing missions for them. But no one has given any requests since that tutorial. Am I missing something here?

The people with requests change every so often. Just run around until you see someone with a red-ish message color.

I'm finding the festival plaza pretty confusing - do I need more than one dye shop? For example, will the Team Red dye shop only allow you to color your clothes red? I just started the game and haven't gotten any new clothes so I can't test it out myself. Now that I'm typing it out it sounds really obvious... but then, if you wanted a lot of different colored clothes, wouldn't you have to fill your Festival Plaza with nothing but dye shops?

Why Necrozma won't show up in the Ten Hills? I have finished the UB already and i used Max repel a lot :eek:

It's in the grass not in the cave
Plus if you lead Pok?mon it's 76 or higher it won't appear
Necrozoma is 75

I'm finding the festival plaza pretty confusing - do I need more than one dye shop? For example, will the Team Red dye shop only allow you to color your clothes red? I just started the game and haven't gotten any new clothes so I can't test it out myself. Now that I'm typing it out it sounds really obvious... but then, if you wanted a lot of different colored clothes, wouldn't you have to fill your Festival Plaza with nothing but dye shops?

Dye shops allow you to dye the color of the shop for FC and other colors using berries. Note that the colors are very light pastel and not like the colors you can buy from shops.

When you find a Crabrawler, but it isn't shiny, and you run from it. It if possible for you to interact with the berry pile again and have the Crabrawler be shiny?

I would assume that the nature, IVs and SID are regenerated each time, so in that case yes.

Unless recent games have started "saving" stats, I would venture that this is definite.

Try it and see. Can you find both male and female ones? If so it definitely is being reset.

Last edited:
Dye shops allow you to dye the color of the shop for FC and other colors using berries. Note that the colors are very light pastel and not like the colors you can buy from shops.

You can get more shades available to you if you rank up your Dye Shops. 1-star and 2-star gives you Pastel colors, 3-star and 4-star gives you Dark colors, and 5-star gives you bright colors. I'm not sure if any of these are the same as the ones you buy in stores though. Alternatively, different berries give you different shades of color as well. I also don't know if any of these are locked to star rankings either.

http://serebii.net/sunmoon/festivalplaza.shtml scroll down to the Dye Shops section for the list of berries and what colors they give you.

Last edited:
You can get more shades available to you if you rank up your Dye Shops. 1-star and 2-star gives you Pastel colors, 3-star and 4-star gives you Dark colors, and 5-star gives you bright colors. I'm not sure if any of these are the same as the ones you buy in stores though. Alternatively, different berries give you different shades of color as well. I also don't know if any of these are locked to star rankings either.

Oh I didn't know that. I only just managed to find someone offering the color I wanted but didn't like the pastel colors so I didn't look into it. If they have different shades I might just see if I can find something I like.

Back