Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I actually skipped Gen 5 as well. Most of the designs didn't stand out to me in that generation, and I wasn't a fan of being restricted to using only Gen 5 Pok?mon until post-game. I only played through the game once, and I was rushing through the story so I could transfer my Gen 4 Pok?mon to Omega Ruby; and the first time I tried playing it I only got a few badges in before getting tired of it. Other than that... I was pretty much absent from the series until XY were released.
My most appealing was zebstrika but I just dint like nothing at all so I just skip it the only thing I knew was the first starter and the 2 mascot legendary
soon good thing I wasn't alone
for me just kinda look boring

- - - Post Merge - - -

So never played to much Pok?mon except spin off until x and y came where I was interested again

- - - Post Merge - - -

Forgot to say but
For any European or Australian players
The code of magearna it's available for you guys now :)
Just go to the official site of Pok?mon or to serebii for you guys to get your code

I never used the Dream Radar app so she's a new face to me.

Gen 5 is my favorite gen though. Loved everything they changed from the sprites to the TMs to the Centers... plus the story was so deep I loved it. It's a shame SM's story couldn't have had that whole "what is right what is wrong" thing. It feels so bland compared to that.

Last edited:
It's a shame SM's story couldn't have had that whole "what is right what is wrong" thing. It feels so bland compared to that.

Agree. I was interested in the direction they were going to take Lillie but she ended up doing a full 180 and it just ended up falling flat IMO. I mean, what they did do was alright, but I think it could have been better had they done it differently, and if they better did the whole conflict argument better than what they had. It just seemed really half-assed and biased, I remember her saying something like " I don't like watching Pokemon get hurt in battles but I'll watch this one just for you", which just seemed like she wasn't all that sure if she liked battling or not.

Agree. I was interested in the direction they were going to take Lillie but she ended up doing a full 180 and it just ended up falling flat IMO. I mean, what they did do was alright, but I think it could have been better had they done it differently, and if they better did the whole conflict argument better than what they had. It just seemed really half-assed and biased, I remember her saying something like " I don't like watching Pokemon get hurt in battles but I'll watch this one just for you", which just seemed like she wasn't all that sure if she liked battling or not.

When I compare SM to older games, it feels really rushed. Older games had the big run through the enemy base then arriving just in time for them to summon the cover legendary and nearly destroy the world. SM had you slowly walk through an abandoned town and have the (second battle) final showdown in an old mansion. Then later you have to fight and catch the cover legendary even though it wants to be with you already? Both of the ""evil teams"" had no real story and there's like a billion closed-off areas in the Aether Paradise and it's like... wtf? I completed the game not knowing anything about either team or hardly anything about Hau or Lillie. Lillie really had a chance to be amazing and while she does have more depth than other gen characters it feels like there could have been so much more to it than that.

All I've been seeing lately is "omg I can't wait for Stars!" and I'm just like ok... S&M LITERALLY JUST RELEASED AND YOU'RE READY FOR A NEW GAME? The only reason you would want a new game already is if the first installment left you unsatisfied with all the holes and lack of details. It's a beautiful game on the outside, but it lacks all kinds of explanations on the inside.

Last edited:
When I compare SM to older games, it feels really rushed. Older games had the big run through the enemy base then arriving just in time for them to summon the cover legendary and nearly destroy the world. SM had you slowly walk through an abandoned town and have the (second battle) final showdown in an old mansion. Then later you have to fight and catch the cover legendary even though it wants to be with you already? Both of the ""evil teams"" had no real story and there's like a billion closed-off areas in the Aether Paradise and it's like... wtf? I completed the game not knowing anything about either team or hardly anything about Hau or Lillie. Lillie really had a chance to be amazing and while she does have more depth than other gen characters it feels like there could have been so much more to it than that.

All I've been seeing lately is "omg I can't wait for Stars!" and I'm just like ok... S&M LITERALLY JUST RELEASED AND YOU'RE READY FOR A NEW GAME? The only reason you would want a new game already is if the first installment left you unsatisfied with all the holes and lack of details. It's a beautiful game on the outside, but it lacks all kinds of explanations on the inside.

The legendaries in BW, XY, and Rayquaza in ORAS all wanted to join your party and you still had to battle and capture them. It was a requirement to capture them as a matter of fact. You're just nitpicking at that point.

The legendaries in BW, XY, and Rayquaza in ORAS all wanted to join your party and you still had to battle and capture them. It was a requirement to capture them as a matter of fact. You're just nitpicking at that point.

Really? In those games, they didn't follow you around for the entirety of the storyline. Besides, most legendaries want you to "prove yourself" before they join you. Lillie just wanted to give Nebby a home and in all honesty a battle was not even needed for something like that.

Really? In those games, they didn't follow you around for the entirety of the storyline. Besides, most legendaries want you to "prove yourself" before they join you. Lillie just wanted to give Nebby a home and in all honesty a battle was not even needed for something like that.

And having to waste time catching a legendary in the face of impeding danger, like a asteroid hurtling its way toward Earth, is kind of silly as well.

Also, why wouldn't Nebby want you to prove yourself either? You've faced against nothing as strong as Nebby before in the entire game, the fact it has been with you from the beginning is irrelevant. It wants you to prove to it that you are able to handle its power before it entrusts everything to you, the same as with every other legendary. You don't just get given to you a powerful Pok?mon in any of the games, you have to work for them. If they are given to you, then you are very limited in how much you can use them.

Last edited:
At this point it may well just be because of the "formula" of catching pokemon that is well established in the series. That's what the game is about, so why not make the climactic moment with the title legendary involve trying to catch it, as you've been doing with lesser pokemon this whole time.

I suppose it is also just part of the trainer "journey", in some ways, which is its own storyline.

There are plenty of points where you are just given pokemon, but they are always (to my recollection) side and optional missions (for instance eggs, eevee in Gen 1, beldum in Gen 3).

Last edited:
Lillie just wanted to give Nebby a home and in all honesty a battle was not even needed for something like that.

except this wasnt a case of 'poor nebby needs someone to adopt and look after him'

this is the legendary pokemon wants to see if you are strong enough to be its partner

I love the new nasty plot animation~ ^-^ i love the new move animations in general, was surprised they updated them at all this gen

And having to waste time catching a legendary in the face of impeding danger, like a asteroid hurtling its way toward Earth, is kind of silly as well.

Also, why wouldn't Nebby want you to prove yourself either? You've faced against nothing as strong as Nebby before in the entire game, the fact it has been with you from the beginning is irrelevant. It wants you to prove to it that you are able to handle its power before it entrusts everything to you, the same as with every other legendary. You don't just get given to you a powerful Pok?mon in any of the games, you have to work for them. If they are given to you, then you are very limited in how much you can use them.

Nebby was right there when you went about completing the trials and even saw you get chosen by a Tapu. What more does it need? I understand if it wants to see how strong you are for itself, but the way they set it up is "omg he luvs u quick catch him!!" which doesn't seem like a good reason to battle.

Also that last part is funny considering a second Cosmog is literally given to you without any work whatsoever. Plus events nowadays too just give you everything. I remember back in D/P/Pl you actually had to go out and catch the events.

I'm so upset right now... I was training my Pokemon at the Poni Gauntlet, and I had encountered a shiny Granbull! But the WORST. POSSIBLE. SCENARIO happened! It used Roar and ran away!!! ;-;

I'm so upset right now... I was training my Pokemon at the Poni Gauntlet, and I had encountered a shiny Granbull! But the WORST. POSSIBLE. SCENARIO happened! It used Roar and ran away!!! ;-;

Wow that sucks. ;-; I've noticed that Roar doesn't seem to work much though? I've encountered a few wilds that have used it and it always fails. I thought that was a thing they put in place to keep them from spamming it and fleeing.

Nebby was right there when you went about completing the trials and even saw you get chosen by a Tapu. What more does it need? I understand if it wants to see how strong you are for itself, but the way they set it up is "omg he luvs u quick catch him!!" which doesn't seem like a good reason to battle.

Also that last part is funny considering a second Cosmog is literally given to you without any work whatsoever. Plus events nowadays too just give you everything. I remember back in D/P/Pl you actually had to go out and catch the events.

You have a Z-Bracelet on you at all times, so it is clear to everyone that you were chosen by the Tapu. What more do the trial captains and kahunas need? They should just give you your Z-Crystals the moment you meet them because it should be pretty obvious to them that you are a strong trainer with an item that you can only get from a Tapu.

Yeah, I would also consider Cosmog as definitely being a "powerful" Pok?mon with its amazing movepool consisting only of Splash and Teleport and its high BST of 200 AKA literally worse than Unown, Sunkern, and Magikarp. You definitely don't have to level it up in order to get any use out of it whatsoever; which can be considered the part where you have to work for your legendary in order to get it.

You have a Z-Bracelet on you at all times, so it is clear to everyone that you were chosen by the Tapu. What more do the trial captains and kahunas need? They should just give you your Z-Crystals the moment you meet them because it should be pretty obvious to them that you are a strong trainer with an item that you can only get from a Tapu.

Yeah, I would also consider Cosmog as definitely being a "powerful" Pok?mon with its amazing movepool consisting only of Splash and Teleport and its high BST of 200 AKA literally worse than Unown, Sunkern, and Magikarp. You definitely don't have to level it up in order to get any use out of it whatsoever; which can be considered the part where you have to work for your legendary in order to get it.

Because people and Pokemon are obviously the same thing right? And yeah the trial captains were definitely all there to watch as the Tapu saved you from certain demise. They were also there when you went to the alternate world and saw you defeat the ""big boss"" right? So yeah they really should just give you the crystals since like Nebby they were with you the whole time!

It's a legendary that evolves into the cover legendary and is just given to you. I'm sure beating two level 56 wilds to level it up is a lot of work!

Because people and Pokemon are obviously the same thing right? And yeah the trial captains were definitely all there to watch as the Tapu saved you from certain demise. They were also there when you went to the alternate world and saw you defeat the ""big boss"" right? So yeah they really should just give you the crystals since like Nebby they were with you the whole time!

It's a legendary that evolves into the cover legendary and is just given to you. I'm sure beating two level 56 wilds to level it up is a lot of work!

Ok, I admit my last point was a bit stupid. Here's the thing though. Nebby was around for only the first two kahuna battles, and was watching you fight the final boss from a distance. You weren't even fighting the final boss themselves, but rather their Pok?mon; and in the end Nebby was the one that protected you from her. Given how weak of a creature it was when it was Cosmog, it probably didn't even have any concept of what was going on when it did see you fight. The only thing that Nebby knows at that point is that he was stronger than the final boss, and that you were strong enough to fight the Pok?mon of the final boss but not the final boss itself. If you want a reason for why it wanted you to fight them before it joined your party, then that is your reason.

Also, the way it was set up really isn't like "omg Nebby loves you quick catch him" where it is Lillie forcing you to battle Nebby for no reason. Lillie wasn't a real trainer, so she wouldn't be able to give Nebby the fierce battles that it wanted (how she described it). You fight Nebby because it wanted to fight you. The RotomDex itself even tells you right before you battle Nebby to "do your best so you can be found worthy as a trainer"; backing up my point that Nebby wanted to see how strong you were before it joined you. The way it is set up is that Nebby wants you to prove your worth as a trainer by battling it, Lillie is only telling you to fight him because she understands how Nebby feels and she knows herself that Nebby wanted to fight you.

Care to test that theory? Last I checked it took me a good hour of work grinding levels in the Poni Gauntlet in order to get it to the level I needed to evolve it into the cover legendary; I'm not sure how you consider that less working than catching a legendary with a base catch rate of 45 and a 27% chance of catching when it is left at just one HP alone in a standard Pok?Ball. According to Serebii.net, this has been the case with mascot legendaries since BW as well. It's not exciting work but it is work nonetheless.

Let us not forget that without sites like Serebii.net to tell you where to go, you'd pretty much be completely clueless as to where to go to get the free Cosmog or that it is even an obtainable Pok?mon to begin with (since the Pok?Dex doesn't list them on the same screen as Solgaleo and Lunala). Chances are, you probably don't even know that an alternate world exists either unless you accidentally stumble across it during the 12 hour window when it is open. So finding Cosmog on your own is also part of the effort in getting a useful legendary, and not just grinding levels to evolve it. If you are so worried about legendaries taking effort to find or obtain, then you wouldn't even be using guides to help you find them in the first place.

Last edited:
The Tapu music is really weird. Yet I kind of love it. That kind of sums up my entire opinion about most themes in this game though.

I love the new nasty plot animation~ ^-^ i love the new move animations in general, was surprised they updated them at all this gen

sameeee nasty plot and PSYCHIC LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER THAN JUST SOME PINK SQUIGGLY LINES lol they all look really good agreed

Back