• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I'm literally never going to finish this game... ;A; How long is Magearna available for?

I'm literally never going to finish this game... ;A; How long is Magearna available for?

I believe that the qr code will always work it's just up on the site for a limited time. So I think once the event is over so long as you have the qr code you can still get it.

LOL Tsareena's pokedex is in on it. Although, what really is "it"? Just because it has nearly human legs? I will never understand the internet.

LOL Tsareena's pokedex is in on it. Although, what really is "it"? Just because it has nearly human legs? I will never understand the internet.

"Tsareena is a high-kicking virtuoso. It has honed these skills beyond the level it achieved as a Steenee, and it attacks with graceful movements. At the same time, its fragrance mesmerizes its opponents, dealing them a secondary attack. Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries. It’s said that this Pok?mon loses its strength if touched on the crown-like protuberance on its head." - directly from the Sun and Moon website

Guess where her favorite spot to be pet is at in Pok?mon Refresh? Seriously though guys, Game Freak is aware of their audience in this generation of Pok?mon. If there's anyone that doesn't believe me then explain why the game keeps drilling it into our heads on the second island that Olivia is single when that information has no relevance to the story or why we are able to lay down in and smell the beds of the trial captains which also has no relevance to the story.

Last edited:
"Tsareena is a high-kicking virtuoso. It has honed these skills beyond the level it achieved as a Steenee, and it attacks with graceful movements. At the same time, its fragrance mesmerizes its opponents, dealing them a secondary attack. Trop Kick is a move that only Tsareena can learn. It lowers an opponent’s Attack by showering it with blazing hot kicks in a style similar to that originating from tropical countries. It’s said that this Pok?mon loses its strength if touched on the crown-like protuberance on its head." - directly from the Sun and Moon website

Guess where her favorite spot to be pet is at in Pok?mon Refresh? Seriously though guys, Game Freak is aware of their audience in this generation of Pok?mon. If there's anyone that doesn't believe me then explain why the game keeps drilling it into our heads on the second island that Olivia is single when that information has no relevance to the story or why we are able to lay down in and smell the beds of the trial captains which also has no relevance to the story.

This is so absurd. LOL. Well, let people be I suppose.

Hatched a shiny Mareanie after only 54 eggs :D don't like the Nature at all but its ok
ahhh I'm gonna scream! I mean I am happy for you and all but I want one so bad! ;-;

well with the smelling the trial captains beds and olivia dating thing, I think its to make you feel more involved in the story. Past games you just battled powerful trainers and sometimes interacted with them in which case you always just helped them do something and they were grateful. Which is boring and cookie cutter at this point. So including details like these makes the characters feel more real, rather than vague characters we literally know nothing about. Idk what you're getting at with your argument, but I think its these cool details and focus on rounding out the characters we do get rather than throwing in weirdos we know nothing about to make a quota, that make this game better than some of the last few entries.

and the tsareena thing, maybe you can touch the top of its head because you are a trainer it trusts? this game focuses a lot on positive trainer-pokemon interactions so its a reason I could completely agree with.

well with the smelling the trial captains beds and olivia dating thing, I think its to make you feel more involved in the story. Past games you just battled powerful trainers and sometimes interacted with them in which case you always just helped them do something and they were grateful. Which is boring and cookie cutter at this point. So including details like these makes the characters feel more real, rather than vague characters we literally know nothing about. Idk what you're getting at with your argument, but I think its these cool details and focus on rounding out the characters we do get rather than throwing in weirdos we know nothing about to make a quota, that make this game better than some of the last few entries.

I agree that it does add more detail to their character, but that doesn't dispute how weird it is that the main character just jumps into someone else's bed and commentates on how it smells. Of all the ways you can expand on someone's character, and they chose smelling their scent on their bed? At that point it just feels more like fan service more than anything. The same with how skimpy Olivia's outfit is, which is probably the most revealing of any characters in the series which isn't a swimsuit.

Not saying that fan service is a bad thing, whether or not it is is up to you... but Game Freak should be aware of that part of their fanbase by now especially with how vocal it is sometimes. Fan service sells and sparks discussion/interest, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't try to take advantage of it either.

and the tsareena thing, maybe you can touch the top of its head because you are a trainer it trusts? this game focuses a lot on positive trainer-pokemon interactions so its a reason I could completely agree with.

It is entirely up to your imagination how you want it to be, so you aren't wrong if that is how you want to think of it.

So I was searching for a normal Vulpix so I could start chaining, when suddenly...

C0QYilzXAAA7e4C.jpg

I believe that the qr code will always work it's just up on the site for a limited time. So I think once the event is over so long as you have the qr code you can still get it.

Awesome, thank you for answering my question c:

Awesome, thank you for answering my question c:

I wouldn't count on this though. Historically many codes for redeeming events have expired after a certain time. Otherwise people just stockpile limited event codes for future use, or even for trading purposes, which defeats the point of a limited event.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on this though. Historically many codes for redeeming events have expired after a certain time. Otherwise people just stockpile limited event codes for future use, or even for trading purposes, which defeats the point of a limited event.

I remember reading (I think it was Serebii) that the codes would always work. It might just be for this event but seeing as it's an event-only Pokemon I can see why it would be plausible. After all you can only scan it once anyways.

I remember reading (I think it was Serebii) that the codes would always work. It might just be for this event but seeing as it's an event-only Pokemon I can see why it would be plausible. After all you can only scan it once anyways.

I think some newer codes may always work. Right now the QR code indefinitely works. But Nintendo could update it so it no longer registers, at any time.

*kicks self* Was breeding and accidentally released a pokemon holding an everstone. Luckily, I have another one, but, still...that was a dumb thing for me to do.

Been IV breeding for a few days now. Finally got a 6 perfect IV Dhelmise and a 5 perfect IV Porygon (don't care about Attack anyway), both with good natures! It's the first time I've ever been really serious about getting good competitive Pokemon before so it's all kind of new to me, but it's so satisfying when you get a good one. Don't know what my team is going to be, but for now I'm just picking Pokemon I've used before and enjoyed that also seem to be popular in competitive sets but I'm thinking I'll change my mind a lot!

On a side note, I actually think Sun + Moon have turned out to be my favourite Pokemon games in a while. Good balance of new and old stuff, good characters, storyline and region; and the soundtrack is amazing...

Back