• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Was that a one-off trainer then? I haven't seen it again. It was on Poni Island I think, just to the left of when you leave the seaside town (the name fails me). Trainer was female but I don't remember her "trainer class".

Last edited:
OMFG THE SABLEYE ATTACKED THE CARBINK BEFORE I COULD TAKE IT OUT WTH WTH WTH, UGH WHY THIS AGAIN!? IT'S JUST LIKE ZANGOOSE AND EKANS. NOW I HAVE TO FIND A NEW ONE ;A;

That explains it so much better because sableye like gems and where most carbink live full of gem (diance) so yeah
Make sense now and not like carbink and gible

That explains it so much better because sableye like gems and where most carbink live full of gem (diance) so yeah
Make sense now and not like carbink and gible

Lol yeah, I think it's a cool mechanic. But a pain in the butt for me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Welp I can't get past the ghost trial and there are no guides to help me. :/

What part are you stuck on? It took me a couple of tries with the camera. You have to get the ghost Pokemon right in the crosshairs of the camera when taking the pic. It was hard getting a pic of Gengar, because it kept flying around real fast.

What part are you stuck on? It took me a couple of tries with the camera. You have to get the ghost Pokemon right in the crosshairs of the camera when taking the pic. It was hard getting a pic of Gengar, because it kept flying around real fast.

The totem battle. I'm level 39-45 and each gets KO'd in 1-2 hits. I tried bringing in Ash-Greninja and he died in one hit. :/

The totem battle. I'm level 39-45 and each gets KO'd in 1-2 hits. I tried bringing in Ash-Greninja and he died in one hit. :/

do you possibly have a pokemon thats 2x effective against ghost? it could also be your level, if you need to be higher

Last edited:

Ahhh. That sucks, and yeah it can be a tough battle. I don't remember who I used, but it was one of the easier fights for my team. So, I can't give much advice. It's probably all about types :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think my starter was already Decidueye by then. Ghost types combat each other pretty well. When it comes down to ghost VS. ghost, it usually ends up being who does the most damage or has the higher level. That's what I noticed. I could nearly one hit every trial Pokemon with Decidueye's Shackle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wowza, I almost have enough bells for a name change :O

Oh yeah the ghost totem was rough (literally). That was one of the closest fights for me.

Just cleared the story. I was very close to losing the final battle (revive and potion spam for the win), but just managed to get through it with my last pokemon on red and no revives or potions left. I think this is the first game where I have not lost a single battle.

One thing I am now absurdly aware of though is my team's super weakness to both electric and rock. I need to get that covered.

OMFG THE SABLEYE ATTACKED THE CARBINK BEFORE I COULD TAKE IT OUT WTH WTH WTH, UGH WHY THIS AGAIN!? IT'S JUST LIKE ZANGOOSE AND EKANS. NOW I HAVE TO FIND A NEW ONE ;A;
they actually ****ing do that? that is such a dick move!

Oh yeah the ghost totem was rough (literally). That was one of the closest fights for me.

Just cleared the story. I was very close to losing the final battle (revive and potion spam for the win), but just managed to get through it with my last pokemon on red and no revives or potions left. I think this is the first game where I have not lost a single battle.

One thing I am now absurdly aware of though is my team's super weakness to both electric and rock. I need to get that covered.

this is a big problem for me also, especially with rock type. with the selection that we get to choose for our teams early on it seems that everything is out to get us lol

Can someone with sun please level up my Rockruff real quick? :[

do you possibly have a pokemon thats 2x effective against ghost? it could also be your level, if you need to be higher

I have Decidueye, but the problem is the Disguise ability negates the first attack. Not only that but it's faster than I am, meaning after the first round when SOS is summoned I'm on potion duty with no chance of attacking without getting killed. It uses Shadow Claw and the SOS uses Night Shade which always takes my level 45 into the red. The only one who was able to survive for a while was my Lycanroc, but only with a few Bulk Ups... which it Mimic'd and used to make matters worse.

As much as I would love to grind some levels, I'm at the point where the wild encounters are too low for hardly any EXP gain and it takes forever to level up.

I beat him by using another Pok?mon to take out the decoy
Then the z move of deucideuye to take him out

As much as I would love to grind some levels, I'm at the point where the wild encounters are too low for hardly any EXP gain and it takes forever to level up.

Try butterfree if you can. High speed and access to thunder wave. That'll slow it right down.

Otherwise, any access to shadow sneak will wreck it, too.

Last edited:
I beat him by using another Pok?mon to take out the decoy
Then the z move of deucideuye to take him out

I tried that, didn't work. Took out the decoy but when I switch, they attack who I switch in putting me in the yellow/red. Then they're faster so if I don't heal I die. And then I keep healing until critical and then I lose.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Try butterfree if you can. High speed and access to thunder wave. That'll slow it right down.

Otherwise, any access to shadow sneak will wreck it, too.

Thunder Wave doesn't slow down anymore. ;-;

Try sucker punch

Or wait until the first one die and then switch to decuideuye

This is just speculation, but I get the feeling Lillie doesn't like to see Pokemon getting hurt.

Back