• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

As an FYI - I'm currently wonder trading out a whole bunch of Popplio, Rowlet, and Mimikyu breedjects. The OT on them is Spica. You'll see some pretty darn good stuff, as high as 5IV. :)

Last edited:
I noticed something weird when trying to breed Hidden Abilities in Moon. A male Pok?mon will sometimes pass the HA if you breed with a Ditto, but I couldn't get it to pass the HA if I breeded with the female of the same Pok?mon. That didn't work until I got a female with a HA. I didn't think males could pass HAs at all so I was surprised it worked with Ditto. But why would it work with Ditto and not the same type of Pok?mon?

I forget the percentages, (20% maybe) but starting in Gen 6, males could also pass the HA, but only when you used Ditto with it.

D: I've been farming for Mimikyu for three days now and haven't come across even one. Is there anywhere else in-game to get them besides the megamart?

D: I've been farming for Mimikyu for three days now and haven't come across even one. Is there anywhere else in-game to get them besides the megamart?

According to Serebii.net they have a 5% spawnrate, so it may take a while for them to show up. Thrifty Megamart is indeed the only location that they appear.

According to Serebii.net they have a 5% spawnrate, so it may take a while for them to show up. Thrifty Megamart is indeed the only location that they appear.
Thanks! I'm going to keep hunting for it again tonight, but if it doesn't show up I'll just go back and get it postgame. I'm getting anxious to move on in the story.

I had a lot of problems getting mimikyu to show up and eventually got one traded to me in the end. Found jangmo-o several times, some consecutively, though. RNG is a fickle mistress.

^ You're right. I finally found him, though. It took another hour at the megamart but now he's in my team. I don't know if I'll keep him there... his special attack is abysmal.

I use Mimikyu more as a physical attacker, and he works. His attack stat is higher than his special attack, too, so I think he would do better as a physical attacker.

Last edited:
Given the use of swords dance, play rough, and shadow sneak, Adamant or Jolly would be the best for Mimikyu.

It's base special is only 50 which is abysmal. Base attack is 90, which is above average, but either way much better than its special.

To give you an idea, espurr has higher than 50 base special attack, and it isn't even evolved yet. Even magby has higher, and that's a baby pokemon with 2 evolutions to go!

Last edited:
Raising friendship isn't so easy in this game huh. Guess no one is getting draco meteor for a while.

Raising friendship isn't so easy in this game huh. Guess no one is getting draco meteor for a while.

I honestly found it easier, considering that now you can farm those friendship-raising berries without having to constantly check up on them to see if they need water. You can get the Pomeg, Qualot, Kelpsy, Hondew, Tamato, and Grepa berries from the berry tree on Route 10. At max level Isle Aplenny, each of these berry trees will yield 14 berries when harvested (maximum of 252 berries for every harvest, assuming you plant an entire field full of nothing but those berries). They take 48 hours to grow, but this can be cut in half to 24 hours if you place a combination of 11 Patterned Beans and 39 Plain Beans in the bean basket.

I honestly found it easier, considering that now you can farm those friendship-raising berries without having to constantly check up on them to see if they need water. You can get the Pomeg, Qualot, Kelpsy, Hondew, Tamato, and Grepa berries from the berry tree on Route 10. At max level Isle Aplenny, each of these berry trees will yield 14 berries when harvested (maximum of 252 berries for every harvest, assuming you plant an entire field full of nothing but those berries). They take 48 hours to grow, but this can be cut in half to 24 hours if you place a combination of 11 Patterned Beans and 39 Plain Beans in the bean basket.

This. There's also the Friendship Parlor that you can get for Festival Plaza, as well as using the hot springs island in Poke Pelago.

That would be really nice of you! Only if you're already breeding him though, don't go out of your way on my account
I have a modest Ditto and an adamant Ditto so I can pass whatever you would prefer pretty easily. I also wanted to breed a better one for myself anyway.

The EV-decreasing berries right? I guess I'm just lazy because refarming EVs sounds tedious. Where's Isle Aplenny? nvm I'll stop being lazy and look it up later.

Last edited:
The EV-decreasing berries right? I guess I'm just lazy because refarming EVs sounds tedious. Where's Isle Aplenny? nvm I'll stop being lazy and look it up later.

Isle Aplenny is in Pok? Pelago, but you have to develop it with beans. As for the berries, yeah they decrease EVs as well... but since each berry decreases a specific EV, then just use the ones that decrease the EVs you already have zero in or don't need.

Yeah noticed it was Poke Pelago. Which, notably, I still haven't actually used despite 400+ hours invested in the game. Will have to remedy that later today.

I tried running in the tauros spot outside the daycare for friendship for an hour but it is still not max. 128 steps for +1 friendship isn't it? +2 with soothe bell? Should be only a few thousands steps at 200 friendship...but then again I'm not sure how quickly steps accumulate with tauros, maybe it is longer than I think.

Last edited:
Back