Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Yeah now you mention it, that could work.

Anyone know how ties in battle royal are determined? I thought it was done by whoever got the points first, but it isn't. It isn't to do with remaining HP, either.

I return with some recent shiny finds! :)

C1CBcq7XUAAZINa.jpg

C1EElu1XEAAIm0U.jpg

C1Nxs06WIAAj0q-.jpg

Hopefully 2017 will bless us all with a lot of shiny luck!!

Accidentally discovered that you can change a Pok?mon's markings outside of the PC by going into their summary and tapping on their markings on the touch screen. Pretty useless since most people use markings to mark perfect IVs, which requires a PC to check for IVs... still cool I guess?

Accidentally discovered that you can change a Pok?mon's markings outside of the PC by going into their summary and tapping on their markings on the touch screen. Pretty useless since most people use markings to mark perfect IVs, which requires a PC to check for IVs... still cool I guess?
Well you can also change the color *red or blue* which I use to mark nature. So if I need a Synchronize Abra for catching a pokemon with a specific nature I want it to have I just go to my abra box and look at the markings instead of going all the way to it's data.

Oh that's actually quite useful...although, I'm not sure I'd ever use it actually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol, basically my entire team counters ferrothorn. I hate that thing so much though.

Well you can also change the color *red or blue* which I use to mark nature. So if I need a Synchronize Abra for catching a pokemon with a specific nature I want it to have I just go to my abra box and look at the markings instead of going all the way to it's data.

That's actually a good use for them. I like to use the red markings to mark Hyper-Trained stats, and the blue markings to mark natural perfect IVs. The general idea with imperfect IVs in all games before SM was to just leave them blank, which I still do. I don't use markings or anything else other than that. My Synchronize box is organized so that my natures are organized into rows (increased stat) and columns (decreased stat) which is pretty handy for memorizing the natures without looking into their summary.

I'm over 50% now for my dex but I am starting to become lazy and keep procrastinating. Plus having to evolve everything is now the worst part. >.>

Am I the only one who thinks Cynthia and Lusamine look alike?
I mean:

170px-Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png
150px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png

Not that much. I mean they do look alike but still have a few distinguishing features

I'm not going to go in full-theorist mode cuz i'll get roasted like a roasty toasty mellow marsh. idk everything is opposite... (i'm only putting what i observed)

Cynthia's legs are apart, Lusamine's legs are crossed. one wears black, one wears white. They both have a different hand on their hip. Their bangs cover opposite eyes. When they have their hands on their hips, the outside part of Cynthia's hand comes in contact with her hip, while Lusamine's palm make contact with her hip. Another thing is that Cynthia's head/face is longer than that of Lusamine's. Lusamine's is more round. I'm not much into genetics but it might just have something to do with how far the generations are from each other in the timeline. Cynthia is tanner than Lusamine and could resemble something between light and dark. Cynthia wears black but is really nice, and not mean as people stereotype black to be dark and evil. Then Lusamine, based on her behavior in the storyline, she wears light but it doesn't seem much so until the climax of the plot where everything changes.

Similarites? They both have a gem-looking thing on the chest part of their clothes. Both are blond.

Last edited:
Hm, I think posts are being eaten by the forum again. Keeps getting bumped by a new poster with a new post but it isn't showing.

edit. Well nevermind then? Or I just fixed it, somehow. We have to hit page 320 soon??

Last edited:
I'm not going to go in full-theorist mode cuz i'll get roasted like a roasty toasty mellow marsh. idk everything is opposite... (i'm only putting what i observed)

Cynthia's legs are apart, Lusamine's legs are crossed. one wears black, one wears white. They both have a different hand on their hip. Their bangs cover opposite eyes. When they have their hands on their hips, the outside part of Cynthia's hand comes in contact with her hip, while Lusamine's palm make contact with her hip. Another thing is that Cynthia's head/face is longer than that of Lusamine's. Lusamine's is more round. I'm not much into genetics but it might just have something to do with how far the generations are from each other in the timeline. Cynthia is tanner than Lusamine and could resemble something between light and dark. Cynthia wears black but is really nice, and not mean as people stereotype black to be dark and evil. Then Lusamine, based on her behavior in the storyline, she wears light but it doesn't seem much so until the climax of the plot where everything changes.

Similarites? They both have a gem-looking thing on the chest part of their clothes. Both are blond.
Oh well when you put it that way lol. good observation but I still doubt they are connected in some way. Idk really. Let's look at it this way, Lusamine is a mother with two children and Cynthia... well we know nothing of her personal life besides her being the Sinnoh champ. She is also like 10 years older in s/m than she was in d/p. Perhaps a much younger sister? idk. It's just a thought really.

I don't mind pokemon theories as long as the aren't moronic af (What if Ash's Pikachu is actually a Zorua!!!) lol

Oh well when you put it that way lol. good observation but I still doubt they are connected in some way. Idk really. Let's look at it this way, Lusamine is a mother with two children and Cynthia... well we know nothing of her personal life besides her being the Sinnoh champ. She is also like 10 years older in s/m than she was in d/p. Perhaps a much younger sister? idk. It's just a thought really.

I don't mind pokemon theories as long as the aren't moronic af (What if Ash's Pikachu is actually a Zorua!!!) lol

I'd probably say they're just sisters. Being as the head shape could show how old they are. Round showing Lusamine is younger, and longer showing Cynthia's older.

Even though Team Skull isn't really the bad guy in these games, they just kinda serve to get in your way - What's interesting about them is I like them more than any previous Pokemon game's team. I think they just seem to have more personality.

Is nebby the only canon occasion in pokemon history when a pokemon is regularly not kept in a pokeball?

Lyra's Marrill

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're saying they're similar by pointing out everything that's different between them? :confused:

The thing with Pokemon Sun and Moon is that, there really isn't any antagonists you would really call evil; Team Skull were just a bunch of rebels that were supposed to be a nuscence during the whole story. Guzma abandoned his parents and ran away to form Team Skull after being rejected from being a Trial Captain and getting a Z-Ring.

Aether had no clue what was going on apart from Faba, Wicke and Lusamine. Their employee's didn't know why Aether Paradise
went on lockdown after Lillie was kidnapped, Wicke always said she never understands what Lusamine think and her decisions. Faba was just too far up his own butt to even realise the situation and Lusamine was twisted by the exposure to Nihilego's neurotoxins and the fact that, as Gladion stated, her obsession with Nihilego may of stemed from the disappearance of her husband.

So what do we have as antagonists? Rebels of Alolan traditions, clueless employees and a leader who's turned sour because of her husbands disappearance.

At least we know Mohn is alive and Lusamine is recovering.

Lyra's Marrill

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're saying they're similar by pointing out everything that's different between them? :confused:

I was pointing out how they seem to be in a yin-yang situation. Could have a connection. They look a little similar as if they could be related somehow.

Back