• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
iF3zIfU.jpg

The newest Pokemon games, and most likely net generation, have just been revealed by Nintendo!
Not much is known about them right now, other than they are going to be released worldwide in November 2016. North America, Japan, Australia and New Zealand will get the games on November 18th, whilst Europe will get the games November 23rd.

Check out the reveal trailer below and feel free to discuss and speculate these upcoming games!

Information Release Quick Links
- February 27th - Pokemon Sun and Moon revealed
- May 10th - Starter Pokemon, Legend Mascots and Release Date Revealed in first English Trailer
- May 10th - First Japanese Trailer Revealed
- June 2nd - Explore the Alola region video released
- June 11th - Coro Coro leaked, Nekkoala and Iwanko revealed
- June 11th - Two Zygarde Formes Are Ready for Battle! video released
- June 15th - Live E3 Gamepaly, Yungoos and Pikipek revealed
- June 15th - Battle Royals trailer revealed, Grubbin revealed
- June 30th - Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly and Togedemaru revealed
- July 7th - Salandit Revealed
- July 19th - Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Beware revealed
- August 1st - Alola Forms and Z-Moves Revealed for Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- August 9th - Coro Coro reveals Wishiwashi, Sandygast, Palossand, Stufful and Alolan Mewotwh/Marowak + first look at Team Skull
- August 10th - Late Coro Coro leaks reveal Pykukumuku
- August 11th - Discover More Pok?mon and Meet Team Skull in Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- August 19th - Turtonator Revealed for Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- August 19th - New Pok?mon Are Ready for Adventure in Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- September 20th - Version-exclusive Pok?mon and New Features Revealed in Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- October 4th - Evolved Forms of the Starter Pok?mon Revealed in Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- October 8th - Pok?mon Sun & Pok?mon Moon - Legendaries Trailer Overview Trailer
- October 14th - Meet Silvally, Kommo-o, and Other Stunning Pok?mon in Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon!
- October 18th - Demo Released
- October 18th - New Pokemon leaked via Amazon TCG Box

Last edited:
I took some pics of the concept art lmao

oU6gXKZ.png

CL4w50Z.png

hJ2VNuo.png

Last edited:
#TeamMoon because I'm edgy and like the darkness!

But here's some more screencaps, including Blastoise in a truck!!
Kvt5c0v.png

GTNmZQv.jpg

6Y4vkbS.png

The little Horsea fountain is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a Pokemon game to date and it's not even finished yet

That building with the Horsea fountain kinda looks like a water gym with all the water pokemon. Just my guess

Notice the furfrou, machamp and blastoise on the back of them trucks lol.

Im so hyped OH MY GOD YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW LOUD I SCREAMED

I'm wondering if what is said in the trailer ("it all comes together in a brand new Pokemon adventure") is hinting at something considering the reveal trailer was focusing on all the existing games. All the current regions being in the game seems unlikely, but maybe all the Pokemon will be available in one region this time around? It would probably have to be a pretty big region for that.

Still, it's nice that it's been revealed, but I can't hype over something I know almost nothing about.

Pokemon Tumblr posted this along with the reveal trialer:

"The next era of Pok?mon games has been announced! Pok?mon Sun and Pok?mon Moon are coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in late 2016"

use of "next era" implies gen 7, but really who knows I'm v confused atm

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon!!!!!!!!!

I watched the Pokemon Direct earlier and I'm making some art on Miiverse about it too....

POKEMON SUN AND POKEMON MOON are coming out in 2016, around Xmas!

Who else is excited?!

What are you guys hoping, expecting or even theorizing about the games?

I'm honestly not sure what the plot will be, but I'm considering the games having something to do with the Zygarde cores. There are two, and the dots on their backs have the same coloring as the logos.

I'm honestly not sure what the plot will be, but I'm considering the games having something to do with the Zygarde cores. There are two, and the dots on their backs have the same coloring as the logos.

Yeah, tbh not sure what to expect atm, but if it is gen 7, I expect large focus and the ability to visit Kalos, much like Gen 2 was with Kanto. Otherwise Kalos seems like such a waste.

Some people reported that it may take place in a region inspired by Singapore based on the location showed

Last edited:
Some people reported that it may take place in a region inspired by Singapore based on the location showed

Saw this too. Tbh I'd prefer it not be based of yet another Asian region, since Gen 1 through 5 were all based on different parts of Japan. Though Singapore is an entirely different part of Asia then Japan, and also has a completely different culture. I feel like it could work really well providing they decide to focus on the landscape and environment rather than the "Asian theme" I guess is the word I'm looking for.

maybe thats just b/cos i want canada region rly bad :(

UK press release also refers to it as a "New generation of Pok?mon Game".

Last edited:
There's a buzz in the fandom regarding whether it's "definitely" gen 7 or 6.5 like chill you don't even know ;v;

I guess we shouldn't have to wait too long for the next reveal of this game, since it is coming out this year. I'm gonna need starters tbh.

I guess we shouldn't have to wait too long for the next reveal of this game, since it is coming out this year. I'm gonna need starters tbh.

I'm holding out for something next weekend, but maybe that's just me being optimistic. At the very least, Coro Coro should leak by March 14th which should have some more information, so it's only a little over 2 weeks until we get anything new, which isn't that long tbh.

Back