• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

That's a lot of cool, cute and weird Pokemon. My favorite out of all of the newly revealed ones are Vikavolt and Cutiefly.

Drampa looks very bizarre, and I see we have ourselves a ricola herb cough drop pokemon. And that is Charjabug.

Out of the pokemon revealed just recently the only one I really like is drampa. The rest don't really stand out to me, and I feel like there's nothing really significant about any of the designs if i'm honest. I'm a little dissapointed, but i'm sure the games will be incredible once they're released. I just wish the pokemon revealed in the trailer were a little more significant, instead of just shown as another standard fish or bug Pokemon that'll eventually be forgotten about. I do like Drampa though, it seems awesome and it looks kinda like one of those chinese dragons. These Pokemon will probably grow on me in time but for now this is more or less my first impression. With Togedemaru I feel like he looks a bit too similar to Pikachu if i'm honest although he is kinda cute :confused:

Last edited:
Out of the pokemon revealed just recently the only one I really like is drampa. The rest don't really stand out to me, and I feel like there's nothing really significant about any of the designs if i'm honest. I'm a little dissapointed, but i'm sure the games will be incredible once they're released. I just wish the pokemon revealed in the trailer were a little more significant, instead of just shown as another standard fish or bug Pokemon that'll eventually be forgotten about. I do like Drampa though, it seems awesome and it looks kinda like one of those chinese dragons. These Pokemon will probably grow on me in time but for now this is more or less my first impression. With Togedemaru I feel like he looks a bit too similar to Pikachu if i'm honest although he is kinda cute :confused:

I think Grubbin's evolution line is the best early game bug line we've ever had. The typing is very unique for an early evolution line and Vikavolt's design is off the hook! Though I do have to agree in some cases. Bruxish is a bit bleh and Drampa is riding the meh line with me right now. Togedemaru is the best Pikachu clone, design wise in my opinion and Tapu Koko is sooo cool!. Cutiefly is really cute and reminds me of Flabebe which is one of my favorite evolution lines!

Ok I've been really busy so haven't had much time to post anything so here are my thoughts.

Tapu Koko: First of all, I'm really not a fan of this name. I kind of like the design though.
Charjabug: Stupid name, stupid design. It's literally a box.
Vikavolt: Not a fan of the name but love the design.
Drampa: Someone told me it looks like Snoop Dog, and lets just leave it at that. I don't get why it has Normal/Dragon typing though? It just seems weird to have that. I'll wait until we get more info on it's ability and move set, but I'm not a fan of it's Normal typing.
Bruxish: Let's just pretend this one doesn't exist
Cutiefly: My favorite of them all. I love it's design, but why does it have to have such a stupid, Beautifly copied name?
Togedemaru: Not sure why they felt to keep it's Japanese name. It's design is okay. I like it more when it has it's quills up. Otherwise it just looks like a fat Pikachu.

Not a fan of any of the new Pokemon tbh. Just don't find em very appealing, seems almost like Fakemon.

I LOVE Tapukoko

Vikavolt is also insanely cool and I agree that its one of the best, if not best, early bug design and typing.

If Drampa doesnt evolve I'll being kinda meh. Im hoping for like a badass festival looking dragon

Cutiefly dumb name, love the design

Bruxish is luvdisc x relicanth's ugly lovechild

I hated Togedamaru till I saw those lil dorito chips on it's back flip up.

Charjabug is ... ok

I'm not sure how recent this image is but it is pretty cool if it came out before Cutiefly's revelation... Even if it is just a coincidence by any chance.

Welp+it+came+true+it+s+even+bug+fairy+and+it+s+god_22d2b8_5961615mobile.jpg

Speculations? Are you thinking Dunsparce's evolution by any chance?
This is what I meant, and I'm glad someone else said and other people saw it to:
Drampa: Someone told me it looks like Snoop Dog, and lets just leave it at that.

If you think what Snoop Dog often symbolizes, this is where Drampa jokes are probably going to go.

Last edited:
Togedemaru: Not sure why they felt to keep it's Japanese name. It's design is okay. I like it more when it has it's quills up. Otherwise it just looks like a fat Pikachu.
They keep the Japanese name of every electric rodent. Pikachu, Pachirisu, Plusle, Minun, Dedenne... It's basically tradition to keep the Japanese name at this point.

Seriously questioning pokemon's sanity, Charajabug looks like a rubber/eraser.
What is Nintendo thinking?

Tapu Koko: Awesome design. It's name is ok, but I'm sure it will wear on me.
Drampa: It looks like a dragon and a Goodra combined, but it somehow works well. However, I'm not sure why it's part Normal type. Being pure Dragon would make a lot more sense in the long run.
Bruxfish: Uh... it has a nice color scheme?
Togedemaru: It reminds me a lot of Pachirisu and Dedenne. It's alright, to say the least.
Cutiefly: Not the most inspired name, but has a cute design.
Charjabug: It's a green cube, not a Pokemon. It doesn't even have that great of a name either.
Vikavolt: Decent name, great design, great typing.

Last edited:
Charjabug is the battery Pokemon. It's literally based off a battery!

It's an unbelievable stupid idea. Who would want a battery Pokemon? It would be better if they wasn't a boring cube. I always liked the more animal looking Pokemon, but I can't stand that idea.
Also can't stand that Europe is getting Pokemon later then america and such, 5 days. Why can't the release just be worldwide at the same time.

Edit: Vikavolt does look better, but just going through that stage would be agonising.

Last edited:
It's an unbelievable stupid idea. Who would want a battery Pokemon? It would be better if they wasn't a boring cube. I always liked the more animal looking Pokemon, but I can't stand that idea.
Also can't stand that Europe is getting Pokemon later then america and such, 5 days. Why can't the release just be worldwide at the same time.

Well at least Vikavolt is a cool looking Pokemon.

Tapu Koko: Awesome design. It's name is ok, but I'm sure it will wear on me.
Drampa: It looks like a dragon and a Goodra combined, but it somehow works well. However, I'm not sure why it's part Normal type. Being pure Dragon would make a lot more sense in the long run.
Bruxfish: Uh... it has a nice color scheme?
Togedemaru: It reminds me a lot of Pachirisu and Dedenne. It's alright, to say the least.
Cutiefly: Not the most inspired name, but has a cute design.
Charjabug: It's a green cube, not a Pokemon. It doesn't even have that great of a name either.
Vikavolt: Decent name, great design, great typing.

You understand my struggles with this name!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Lass subset of NPC trainers is called Miniskirt in Japan!!

Back