7476-1290-5326
October Birthstone (Opal)
Yellow Candy
ど
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Cake
So recently i've gotten offers to do art commisions. However, to be honest, I'm quite dumb when it comes to things like that since I've never done rlc commisions before. So i thought before I dive in, I might aswell get some opinions on pricing. I don't want to go super high with prices but I also don't want to go too low either.

These are the two styles I am planning on offering.

Painted headshots:
TllvDGE.jpg

Chibis:
voXOv62.png

TJXF1lv.png

For more examples you can check out my out my art thread or my tumblr (linked in sig~)

Also if any of you have any tips for doing commisions i would love to hear them considering how i dont really have any experience with this kind of thing (・Д・)ノ i'm probably going to end up using paypal but i've heard horror stories from artists using it so i'm not sure and wahhh~
*also please suggest prices in rlc please ;u;

Aha I'll commission.
But it also depends, does your art style change consistently? Like for the two example for the chibi, the girl with the hat looks more proportional compared to the first girl(her hand behind her back looks bigger compare to the one she has up against her chest). But your coloring is good so I guess it makes up for it.

Chibi: 7+ add more base off complexity
Bust: 10 +add more base off complexity

I'm basing prices off from some DA users I usually commission from. I think you should also think about how much time you put into(including when you work on it).
And don't fear PayPal! Just ask for people to pay up front than later unless you're the type to finished the piece(with a heavy amount of watermark) so they can pay to get that off.

Last edited:
I think I would pay around $6 for a chibi. I'm not sure how much for the painted headshot though.

Aha I'll commission.
But it also depends, does got art style change consistently? Like for the two example for the chibi, the girl with the hat looks more proportional compared to the first girl(her hand behind her back looks bigger compare to the one she has up against her chest). But your coloring is good so I guess it makes up for it.

Chibi: 7+ add more base off complexity
Bust: 10 +add more base off complexity

I'm basing prices off from some DA users I usually commission from. I think you should also think about how much time you put into(including when you work on it).
And don't fear PayPal! Just ask for people to pay up front than later unless you're the type to finished the piece(with a heavy amount of watermark) so they can pay to get that off.

Ahh thank you! Oh yeah, consistancy is definetly something i want to work on! I feel like my coloring is somewhat consisant but my style changes a lot. Those prices do seem pretty fair based on how much time i generally spend.
I MUST FEAR WHAT I DO NOT KNOW ( *`ω?) but the watermark thing does seem like a good idea! ( i completly didn't think of that ;u;). Im still wondering what the benefits of using DA points are compared to paypal?

i'm no art genius, nor do I know about pricing and such for stuff like this, but I can say, that that painted head shot looks incredible, and if I had money, I'd definitely not mind paying for one.

Ahh thank you! Oh yeah, consistancy is definetly something i want to work on! I feel like my coloring is somewhat consisant but my style changes a lot. Those prices do seem pretty fair based on how much time i generally spend.
I MUST FEAR WHAT I DO NOT KNOW ( *`ω?) but the watermark thing does seem like a good idea! ( i completly didn't think of that ;u;). Im still wondering what the benefits of using DA points are compared to paypal?

I think if you gain a lot you'll be able to convert it to your PayPal for rlc, but I'm not exactly sure about that. It's just a site currency but you can still use it to buy art on Da.

Mewms spread your art everywhere again right now

But~

$10 for a headshot
$15 for a chibi

I'd by 500 if I had money

I think if you gain a lot you'll be able to convert it to your PayPal for rlc, but I'm not exactly sure about that. It's just a site currency but you can still use it to buy art on Da.

Yeah, i think for now I'll just go with paypal because DA points seem kind of odd? I also heard that DA takes part of the money for the commision (つД`)ノ ?

do you accept souls

( *`ω?) Of course~ <3

Ahhh mewms <33 Haven't seen you around in so long :'D
I'm no good at pricing but I'd say at least $10 for both styles ^^ Though you should take into consideration how long it takes you to draw them. Good luck!!

Back