• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Popularity List - Updated

lol I have all the amiibo cards for tier 1 villagers except for Fauna and Merengue yet moved none of them in. Oh well!

You could be rollin' in the bells.

Yeah true, especially since I have all the WA villagers too but I already am just by being active. I don't have a lot of time to cycle since I work and go to grad school. If only!

Last edited:
Yes, but we need someone who's going to be impartial, has the time and wants to put in the effort...
That's why I don't think there will be a new list anytime soon. :/

Yeah, seems like a lot of effort.

Last edited:
I think the tier list is still fairy good. Seeing a villager get voided is not any indication of its popularity honestly ,not to mention how small a sample size seeing it only happen once or twice is.

I think a good bit of the new villagers will be bottom tier. A lot of them are not unique enough to justify how bland/ugly they are. I think the ones that will be popular are obvious, we might have another Peatro and get a real ugly one that is popular but I doubt it. I am expecting the wolfs, June, Ketchup, and maybe Sylvana to be the most popular.

I think the tier list is still fairy good. Seeing a villager get voided is not any indication of its popularity honestly ,not to mention how small a sample size seeing it only happen once or twice is.

I think a good bit of the new villagers will be bottom tier. A lot of them are not unique enough to justify how bland/ugly they are. I think the ones that will be popular are obvious, we might have another Peatro and get a real ugly one that is popular but I doubt it. I am expecting the wolfs, June, Ketchup, and maybe Sylvana to be the most popular.

I agree with this. I feel like the list is still relatively accurate and any innaccuracies are widely known by now.

The only new villagers that would be hard to tier are the WA villagers, except we can all assume that Vivian, Ketchup, Dobie, Sylvana (maybe June, idk), and the Sanrio/Link/Splatoon villagers are tier one. Everyone else I think would just be up to what the seller wants to sell for/buyer wants to pay.

Sanrio/Link/Splatoon villagers are tier one.
Those villagers can't be traded, and can only be in the town of the person who scanned them, so they shouldn't be on the tier list at all. Felyne is included in that, as well.

Vivian, Ketchup, Dobie and Sylvana are probably all tier 1/2, but I think as people get used to them and the hype wears off, Dobie and Sylvana would go lower on the tier list. I think June would be pretty low on the tier list, but I could be wrong.

Over all I think this list is still pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Those villagers can't be traded, and can only be in the town of the person who scanned them, so they shouldn't be on the tier list at all. Felyne is included in that, as well.

Vivian, Ketchup, Dobie and Sylvana are probably all tier 1/2, but I think as people get used to them and the hype wears off, Dobie and Sylvana would go lower on the tier list. I think June would be pretty low on the tier list, but I could be wrong.

Over all I think this list is still pretty accurate.

Ah I didn't know about the not being able to trade them. They'd be like the highest of the high with the way that people keep talking about Chai and Etoile though LOL.

I don't get the June hype. I can almost guarantee that Vivian will remain pretty freakin' high because she's a wolf and we all know the popularity of all wolf towns in this community lmao (the wolves need more personality variety though). I love Dobie bc he's an old man huehue.

But yeah, I think the list is still a really good indicator of overall popularity.

Is there a list anywhere of the new villagers?
No, but I think it goes: Vivian and Ketchup are Tier 1, Dobie and Sylvana is tier 2, and june tier 3/4 the rest tier 4/5.
At least that gives you a jist of their value.

The other none new villagers that aren't Welcome Amiibo are untradeable, so they can't be tiered.

I love Dobie bc he's an old man huehue.

I love Dobie too, he's really unique in his old man-ness. I don't think he's not going to be everyone's type though, so he'll go down to at least the Tier 3 when the hype is over.

Last edited:

Welp, I didn't know that. There goes my dream of adopting a MH Felyne... but still I guess I appreciate my dear Inkwell even more now ;_;

Back