• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Dream Game Rambles] Animal Crossing: Terrific Town Creator

Merino

Bells
Animal Crossing: New Leaf. A relaxing, cute game where you can meander about town wasting away the time while fishing, bug catching, inviting friends over and so on so forth. My personal peeve about it? The fact that to get the perfect town it takes hours of gruelling resetting to get everything placed in just the right spot.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. A creative, convenient game where you can create the perfect homes and have an easier time picking just the villagers you want. My personal peeve about it? The fact it takes out a lot of what New Leaf had, leaving it as nearly just the building aspect.

Imagine an Animal Crossing game that combines the good elements of New Leaf and Happy Home Designer and then pushes the customisation possibilities even further.
Imagine a town that starts as nothing more as a blank canvas. A field of grass dotted with trees and flowers, with nothing more than a river to fill in the empty space.

You arrive in this abandoned town and take it upon yourself to build it into something bigger, something better. A terrific town.
You start by selecting and placing the essentials; the town hall, the plaza, the dock and of course, your home. Everything exactly where you'd want it. Everything the exact colour you didn't have to waste time resetting for.

As time goes on and you build up your town, your assistant notifies you that new villagers are moving in. In their excitement to see new faces in town, they question you as to what you think these new folk would look like. You get to pick the villager you want. Again, no resetting. No wasted time.
You pick a house plot for said villager and they move in the following day.

AND SO ON SO FORTH~~
Just imagine a game where you don't loose any of that New Leaf gameplay. Yet you have the customization of Happy Home Designer and more! A game that cuts out all of the tedious resetting for those who strive for the perfect towns.

I've been having these sort of thoughts about the game for so long now. Whenever I get the urge to play an Animal Crossing game, it's the resetting for the perfect town that puts me off every single time.

I just hope the next Animal Crossing game does something to prevent all the resetting ;_ ;

I literally just said the same thing this morning. These two games merging would be just amazing.
I've always wanted better options for building and house customisation anyway, I'd love the idea of them adding the designing houses for villagers into this game too.
It could still work just like it does now, wouldn't necessarily need anything to be take out. Just better building options for the town, your house and villager houses.

I'd love to design their rooms so they don't have completely mismatching furniture all the while. And I haven't been able to get any of my villagers to change their wallpaper, even if it's a style they like :( so I'm guessing you can't do that.
Would be super cool....id pay the new leaf and home designer price combined to get something like that!

Back