• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Streepass active while playing?

kwark

Bells
Is Streetpass active, while I'm playing?

I'm fearing I might miss a Streetpass tag and have to wait another eight hours for the next tag.

I think Streetpass is most reliable when the system is in sleep mode but it should still work whilst playing.

The eight hours rule only applies to if you actually Streetpass the person. :p

Quite sure it works while you're playing as I had another streetpass yesterday while I was at an appointment and I was playing pretty much throughout the waiting time.
Unless closing the ds while the game is still running counts as being in sleep mode?

Quite sure it works while you're playing as I had another streetpass yesterday while I was at an appointment and I was playing pretty much throughout the waiting time.
Unless closing the ds while the game is still running counts as being in sleep mode?

Closing the DS will put the game in sleep mode unless a multiplayer session is active, at the least, your town gates are open. There are a few exceptions to this such as when playing Wild World since it ran in real-time regardless, but Streetpass doesn't work when playing original DS games (or GBA, I think) so... meh. The pedometer will work regardless of if the system is in sleep mode or not, as long as the lid is shut but I think it only keeps track of steps for up to a week when an original DS game is loaded.

I'm streetpassing with myself, so yeah.

Ah, cool! What's the deal with Streetpass anyway? Will they just Streetpass at eight hour intervals or do they need to go out of range of each other first?

Back