Post Your room design /room idea/ room themes Here ( only for ACNL)

ok since now can share pics I will post my ideas

this my 2nd character house (still a work in progress but it's almost finished just need an extra room)

sorry for the weird angles I'm not great with miiverse ^^''

first floor dagashiya cheap candy and toys store popular from 50s until early 80s
the game has a limit for the objects present in a room so it not came as I wished

UjIRQc2.jpg

sipHSVJ.jpg

2nd floor the owner house he is sick melanconic and always dreaming about his lost love

vIOv3Eq.jpg

RQTVs9B.jpg

I tried my best be most realistic as possible with the whole house concept
not entirely statisfied but this is AC after all XD

I love it! Did you design the girl's portrait on the wall?

oh thanks! <3
yes all the custom designs not included in the game textures are drawings by me ^^

Last edited:
I don't think I'm that great (^\\\\^) but if you liked them
I made other designs for my other characters
soon I will post the other houses here too ^^

Last edited:
I don't think I'm that great (^\\\\^) but if you liked them
I made other designs for my other characters
soon I will post the other houses here too ^^

I like All of rooms,plus It can get tricky with room designing when your doing a realistic house concept..i try but my house became a messy clump XD Good job i can't wait too see more

EVERYONE THANK U FOR POSTING HERE AND KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE .THERE'S SO MANY AWESOME ROOMS !

Last edited:
Here's my house in Ivyvale, my pink/pastel town. It was completely finished before the update, but now that there's so many more items, I'm changing a lot of things so now some of the rooms are wip's. :p

Main room with pink/white/gold.
Qxfmith.jpg

bfgeBuE.jpg

Right room is a fashion show. I need to get a few more of the new floor lights but otherwise this room is done.
5PkCYR1.jpg

Left room is my toy room. I especially love this one because there's a lot going on with the race car track and the merry-go-round.
q3g1CHP.jpg

Back room is still a wip. I'm not too happy with the layout except for the "forest" along the back wall.
Z9pENbl.jpg

uqCqrm6.jpg

My bedroom upstairs. When the Sanrio sets came out, I knew I had to put all of it in there! I'm also probably going to change one of the chocolate cakes to the new cupcake item.
cHGgKGM.jpg

IVrXOzs.jpg

Downstairs is my favorite room. It's an calm, atmospheric room with villager pictures from Ivyvale current and past, and a selection of my favorite K.K. Slider songs.
7uw31l3.jpg

Jtztck6.jpg

Last edited:
aww my favorite furniture combination is dog and marshmallow chair that one is adorable
my favorite room is the last one I like the other wordly feel of it the blue tint the pics so peaceful but unsetting in some way
and the gyroids are really a nifty touch great palette and great sound they're made right for this room when I visited your dream town I was mesmerized by their sound my gosh this room is great!

Some of my favorite rooms (feel free to see the rest of it in a dream: 4F00-001D-A970)

in my Halloween house, my witch's room where she casts her spells and keeps all of her magical items and ingredients:
witch2.jpg

witch1.jpg

And in my Westworld-themed house, Maeve's saloon:

saloon2.jpg

saloon1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here are the most recent photos of my mayor's home. I tried to keep it small while still having all the essentials (kitchen, bathroom, etc.)

496d4725a9.jpg

I used a mix of exotic furniture and other brown/natural wood type furnitures. I really love how it came out!

496d37b5ea.jpg

Her sleeping area is in the main room as well. I used the large bookshelf and staircase drawer as a partition

496d46779b.jpg

Little record corner. I want the record box to complete this area but for now I have Stinky's pic, one of my fav villagers <3

496d28e967.jpg

Bamboo themed bathroom. I had to put the 3ds next to the toilet so she can play while she poops :'D

496d509300.jpg

Instead of making the upstairs a whole room for herself, I decided to make it a study so she can work on her mayoral duties. Unintentionally turned out quite nautical themed but I wanted it to have different sorts of antique items and obscurities.

496d401a08.jpg

The laundry room in the basement. I was debating whether I wanted to put the fan in there... but the clothes line moves on its own so I thought it would be weird without some sort of wind source lol.

Here are the most recent photos of my mayor's home. I tried to keep it small while still having all the essentials (kitchen, bathroom, etc.)

496d4725a9.jpg

I used a mix of exotic furniture and other brown/natural wood type furnitures. I really love how it came out!

496d37b5ea.jpg

Her sleeping area is in the main room as well. I used the large bookshelf and staircase drawer as a partition

496d46779b.jpg

Little record corner. I want the record box to complete this area but for now I have Stinky's pic, one of my fav villagers <3

496d28e967.jpg

Bamboo themed bathroom. I had to put the 3ds next to the toilet so she can play while she poops :'D

496d509300.jpg

Instead of making the upstairs a whole room for herself, I decided to make it a study so she can work on her mayoral duties. Unintentionally turned out quite nautical themed but I wanted it to have different sorts of antique items and obscurities.

496d401a08.jpg

The laundry room in the basement. I was debating whether I wanted to put the fan in there... but the clothes line moves on its own so I thought it would be weird without some sort of wind source lol.

The 3ds in the bathroom is hilarious :p I also love using non-partition items as a partition, so the bookcase and drawer are really cool in the main room.

weird...can't see thr last pictures with both my browsers....

probably they're from a different image hosing...

Last edited:
here's mine, starting with the basement!
she has her little computer and mini greenhouse downstairs to take care of:
WVW69j-jAGYGkir6hw.jpg
along with her washing machine, exercise bike (because who doesn't have one in their basement), and the rest of her plants.
WVW69j-jBn47xHmxyH.jpg
the main room is where i'm keeping all of the items are going to eventually go into different rooms, so basically when i buy them.
the upstairs is a double function sitting room/dining room and kitchen
WVW69j-jDbMSDEbLe2.jpg
the island with the food items, spice rack, and bread keeper. (the two white things on the bottom left and right corner are two kitchen corners put together to make a decorative spacer for the dining area
WVW69j-jEtoTkElfB0.jpg
and last but not least; the back wall
WVW69j-jFfYZj25G8B.jpg
WVW69j-jFywddm-7aB.jpg

i have yet to get my dream address up and going, but im hoping i'll do that soon with a road-walkway going through my town :)

Last edited:
I love this thread! Everyone's got such neat ideas.

Here's my main Mayor's house. I'm gonna cut the images because they're kinda big.
I wanted all of the rooms to have the same sort of feel, while still being different spaces. I'm really happy with how it's turned out.
tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo1_1280.png

Main living room

tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo4_1280.png

Kitchen

tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo6_1280.png

James's bedroom

tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo2_1280.png

Hobby/work room

tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo5_1280.png

Observatory. There's a bed in there so James can sleep when she's stayed up too late star gazing.

tumblr_ojmgnwBMd01sp0igmo3_1280.png

And finally the bathroom.

Here's my main Mayor's house. I'm gonna cut the images because they're kinda big.
I wanted all of the rooms to have the same sort of feel, while still being different spaces. I'm really happy with how it's turned out.

Main living room

Kitchen

James's bedroom

Hobby/work room

Observatory. There's a bed in there so James can sleep when she's stayed up too late star gazing.

your rooms are beautiful! *o*

I've only finished 2 of my rooms in my main mayor's house, and I'm pretty content with how they look. c:

Chill room p1.JPG
Chill room p2.JPG
My chill room was inspired by my favorite villager Wendy's home. It's basically just a room to chill and have fun, while snacking on candy and other goodies.
Living room p1.JPG
Living room p2.JPG
My living room was inspired by a fancy apartment living room that I saw in an anime, so... I thought I'd make something similar to that. If I didn't have my Christmas decorations up, I'd normally have my popcorn machine on the other side of the room.

Just finished 2 rooms and I'm happy with them! I'm here trying to find ideas 4 the rest of my house.
This is my home salon:

EcN2MyU.jpg

nOfrrAP.jpg

This is my kitchen. Music is KK Stroll:
KEeo3wk.jpg

AFZM1fc.jpg

JX1XajA.jpg

(constructive criticism welcome btw)

Attachments

• AFZM1fc.jpg
    AFZM1fc.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,992

Main living room

Kitchen

James's bedroom

Hobby/work room

These are really gorgeous. I love the warmth of the wood tones and the plants. Very nicely done. How do you do that sort of painterly effect on the screencaps?

@hulaburger Your salon is so cute! That's something that I haven't seen done before, I really like it.

These are really gorgeous. I love the warmth of the wood tones and the plants. Very nicely done. How do you do that sort of painterly effect on the screencaps?

I run my pics through this before I post them. Noise reduction: High, Upscaling: 1.6x

Back