Buried things behind buildings...

sandgaijin

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Question, I've never really checked but do Gyroids or fossils ever get buried behind buildings? Today I decided to just put my mind at ease and plant flowers behind every building.

They do. I've found plenty of fossils behind my villagers' houses, Retail and my police station. Never behind my town hall though...

Oh my gosh, I never thought to look behind them! I am going to start. I do find fossils and gyroids behind my shrubs all the time though.

They do! a few times i've spent forever looking for the last fossil or whatever and found them behind buildings.. it's realy annoying

Oh, wow! No wonder I went lots of days only finding 3 fossils. xD

Oh my, I learned something reading this thread, heh. In Wild World they couldn't spawn directly behind trees and buildings but I guess now that the camera can be used to see behind stuff more easily rather than having to do the tool switching trick or talking to a villager, they decided to allow fossils to spawn there. Interesting!

Yes, I realised they did when I was searching for fossils one morning and only found the one. I went randomly digging behind every building and came up with 3....

I have never seen one appear behind a building. I've had fossils end up behind a building because they were there before a villager plotted, but I've never seen one actually appear behind a tree, PWP, or building that was already there. I always find all four of my fossils and all of the gyroids when it rains or snows, so I don't know if I'm just extremely lucky or what (I've seen them appear 3 spaces behind a building, but never touching a building on the back end, maybe that is what people are talking about).

Back