• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Luck vs Strategy

pika62221

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sadly, due to the randomness of the dice roll, on top of the randomness of the square you land on, trying to use strategy in this game has been a nightmare! One thing I would caution people about, remember when you buy turnips you still have to roll on Sunday, and there are no turnip buys on Sunday, so I recommend holding off spending all your money on turnips, it may cost you that day landing on a money point loss which also loses you happy when you go negative. That's about it, all this random luck can make you go from -10,000 bells to 90,000 bells due to that money tree! You can totally win simply on luck on the final roll, even though you were losing the entire game...

Most board games are luck really. Amiibo festival is more luck than strategy. Even if you are really unlucky, you can try to use a strategy by buying turnips or using the dice cards or strictly sticking to getting all the stamps.

I agree the "broken" events make me second guess why I even bother trying to employ strategy. However, while strategy alone won't help you win, if you don't play proper strategy you'll lose more than you win. Good luck winning if you aren't using villager cards, doubling up on turnips, and getting all of the stamps when everyone else is.

Back