• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Life Is Strange

Libra

Burn Your Cosmo
Bells
So I'm considering getting this game (PC version) because of the excellent reviews it has gotten (that and it doesn't seem too expensive which is always a plus, ha ha). That being said, I would like to know if there are any "cons" this game has? And also, how much time it takes to play one episode? I kinda never know in advance how long I'll be able to play so chances are I can play like one hour and then only can get back to the game two weeks later or so, would that be a problem?

Thanks!

Last edited:
My favourite game of 2015. I was so invested in the story, and the soundtrack is beautiful.

Each episode takes approximately 5 hours to complete if you really invest your time and explore everything, talk to every character, etc. You can rush through it much much quicker than that if you really want to but I would highly advise against it because you miss some really important story stuff, and if you're not playing this game for the story then... why are you playing it at all?

That said, there are plenty of good opportunities to stop playing throughout the episode. Like you I was quite restricted on time and found some nice stopping points and breaks in the action every hour or so. Just save and come back to it when you're ready.

If you can avoid it though, don't leave it two weeks inbetween sessions. The best part of the game is getting invested in the story and I feel like if you didn't play for two weeks you wouldn't be as involved.

Thank you for your reply, Jas0n! <3

I installed the demo via Steam but I'm having trouble with the controls. The mouse doesn't seem to do what I want it to. I mean, the game tells me what to do, but my mouse just seems to "hang", if that makes sense? Like I try to move it towards "Read" or "Look", but it moves a little and it won't go all the way where I want it? It's a little frustrating, to be honest. ;-;

The only "con" (using the term very lightly because it's not a big deal at all) of this game is the lip syncing to the dialogue. It could be pretty terrible ^^;

After a while, you'll hardly notice. Everything else is stellar

Have you adjusted your mouse sensitivity? Maybe try toggling around in the settings menu and see if it helps!

I personally feel the story could be better, but maybe between all the hype and speculation, my expectations for the game got higher and that made me more disappointed that things didn't go as I hope for. Maybe playing it in one go would be better. I hope you'll enjoy the game :)

i mean.. it's a really story based game so if you don't like the story or characters it'll be pretty boring. I've personally not played it, I've just watched youtubers and my sister play it and I'm satisfied with that. the thing that annoyed me the most about it was the characters and a bit the visuals.. it's a pretty game but not perfect ;;

what i know each episode takes around 3-5 hours to play??

anyways, if you decide on buying it i hope you'll enjoy it :>

It has some controller support if you have one from a Seventh Generation console laying around.

A third person view might have been better than an over the shoulder view, honestly... Hindsight's 20/20.

Back