• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT going down after editing thread

CuteYuYu

Bells
Green Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
Heart Glow Wand
Special Snowflake
Blue Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Pokéball
Moon Ball
I noticed every time I edit a thread, my tbt goes down.. o_O I think I've lost 30tbt from editing, cause I always make a mistake lol.
I'm not the only one right? Is that really necessary though?

Well yes it deducts the amount of bells if you edit the thread/post to match what you edited in/out of your thread.. So yes that happens to everyone.

I noticed every time I edit a thread, my tbt goes down.. o_O I think I've lost 30tbt from editing, cause I always make a mistake lol.
I'm not the only one right? Is that really necessary though?

u shud file for compensation

Since you earn TBT for posting, and you edited the post to delete it/some of it, it takes the TBT you got from that post back.

Okay this is not okay.. I just lost 4 tbt from replying to someone?? (no I didn't edit anything) 903-->899
This is not the only time tbh.. I just haven't said anything til now. It bothers me because what the heck did I do to deserve getting my tbt taken away every now and then.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow it's there now o.o im so confused.

- - - Post Merge - - -

nvm it's gone again ugh. Idc anymore lol

Okay this is not okay.. I just lost 4 tbt from replying to someone?? (no I didn't edit anything) 903-->899
This is not the only time tbh.. I just haven't said anything til now. It bothers me because what the heck did I do to deserve getting my tbt taken away every now and then.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow it's there now o.o im so confused.

- - - Post Merge - - -

nvm it's gone again ugh. Idc anymore lol

Try checking your transaction log perhaps

Trust me, that's not it. I don't get any messages saying I transferred something. It happens as soon as I post..

- - - Post Merge - - -

But ty for the suggestion

The transaction log isn't just for sending/receiving bells, it's for whenever you gain/spend bells - regardless if you send them to a user, from either posting, editing, buying from the shop etc... - so if you took a look at it you'd most likely find your problem.
And just a quick look through your posts, this post is why you lost bells
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...shop✿&p=6150120&highlight=#post6150120
Using the forum uploader to post images costs bells, so since you made two attachments, that would be why you lost your bells. Like I said, if you looked at the transaction log, it'd say something like "Upload - spent X bells" for that post and you'd know why you lost your bells.
If you don't want to spend bells to post images then use BB coding instead of the forum uploader

Last edited:
This is why I don't use the sites uploader, I think it's unnecessary to take bells away because you uploaded a picture with the sites uploader

This is why I don't use the sites uploader, I think it's unnecessary to take bells away because you uploaded a picture with the sites uploader

I think taking some measly digital currency to host some files on the server/whatever is fair game. Honestly if you're that concerned about bells, use Imgur or Photobucket or any number of image hosts.

The transaction log isn't just for sending/receiving bells, it's for whenever you gain/spend bells - regardless if you send them to a user, from either posting, editing, buying from the shop etc... - so if you took a look at it you'd most likely find your problem.
And just a quick look through your posts, this post is why you lost bells
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...shop✿&p=6150120&highlight=#post6150120
Using the forum uploader to post images costs bells, so since you made two attachments, that would be why you lost your bells. Like I said, if you looked at the transaction log, it'd say something like "Upload - spent X bells" for that post and you'd know why you lost your bells.
If you don't want to spend bells to post images then use BB coding instead of the forum uploader

Okay, here's my transaction log.
http://i.imgur.com/li9Rwe4.png Where does it even mention I spent bells for posting? Whatever, this site is so confusing I just can't. Like how was I supposed to know you lose bells for using the uploader.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my transaction log.
http://i.imgur.com/li9Rwe4.png Where does it even mention I spent bells for posting? Whatever, this site is so confusing I just can't. Like how was I supposed to know you lose bells for using the uploader.

Wrong transaction log. This is the correct one, click bells and then look for transaction in the popup. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to notify you about using TBT bells by using the uploader but I don't use it so I don't know for certain.

Back