• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is TBT and IGB? ._.;

Maelawni

Leaf ✿ Girl
Bells
Tasty Cake
I've been seeing some people say they will trade TBT for IGB and sell art for TBT, but I'm unsure what the acronyms stand for.
From what I'm assuming, IGB stands for in-game bells?
And TBT is just The Bell Tree bells?
I tried looking for information but couldn't find any. If anyone can clarify for me, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if TBT does stand for The Bell Tree bells, is that the bells located on the side of my post along with my 3DS friend code that's visible to all? If you can help, thank you!

Yep, that's all correct. And yeah, your amount of TBT is displayed on the side bar ^~^

Yep, that's all correct. And yeah, your amount of TBT is displayed on the side bar ^~^

So may I know why TBT is so valued or something? o_O;
I saw someone say they will trade 2MIL IGB for like 100 TBT?!
Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm just confused. x_x

So may I know why TBT is so valued or something? o_O;
I saw someone say they will trade 2MIL IGB for like 100 TBT?!
Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm just confused. x_x

the rate is actually 20million for 100tbt.

TBT is valued because of the collectibles. Many retired collectibles go for quite a lot (a few k. I saw one for 11k o.o). A lot of people also use TBT to trade for villagers and other items. I'd actually say that less people use IGB to trade on the forums than they do with TBT (I could be biased though).

If you're not into collectibles (the things underneath the profile pics), then TBT can be quite useless. I don't use it for much other than trading for IGB.

Also, since the game has been out for so long, a lot of people have a lot of IGB they have no use for. The demand for IGB is a lot lower than TBT.

TBT is valued because of the collectibles. Many retired collectibles go for quite a lot (a few k. I saw one for 11k o.o). A lot of people also use TBT to trade for villagers and other items. I'd actually say that less people use IGB to trade on the forums than they do with TBT (I could be biased though).

If you're not into collectibles (the things underneath the profile pics), then TBT can be quite useless. I don't use it for much other than trading for IGB.

Also, since the game has been out for so long, a lot of people have a lot of IGB they have no use for. The demand for IGB is a lot lower than TBT.

Also...art!

I'm not totally into the collectible thing, so I just buy loads of artwork xD

Yeah, I find those collectibles kind of pointless to be honest. Once you've got whatever you want from the shop, it's only worthwhile using it to trade for in-game stuff... or just hoarding it all. :p

I mostly find TBT useful for buying IGB, but also a lot of the villager trading is in TBT and I have used them a lot more for buying villagers. I don't have much use for the TBT myself, but it is an easy way of buying in game items and then finding someone to do a big IGB conversion when you have a few TBT :)

How many in-game Bells can you get if you had 15,000 TBT Bells guys?

15k TBT? Since 20m IGB = 100 TBT, you have 200m IGB = 1k TBT. 3b IGB = 15k TBT.
(k = kilo or 1,000, m = million or 1,000,000, and b = billion or 1,000,000,000)

That would mean 15,000 TBT would be equal to 3,000,000,000 IGB. I don't think you can ever store that many Bells in your bank though.

Last edited:
Oh I see. But actually how much would that be?
as lucanosa said, it'd be 3 billion. but I'm also not even sure you can have that much in your ABD, I think the limit is 999,999,999, but I'm not 100% sure of that. c:​

Wow, well that makes sense!
Thank you for your great response and to everyone else who replied to help!
I don't care about TBT at all and I'm poor in my game so maybe this is my chance to rake in some IGB haha. :3

Back