Eggs
Old Eggs
Lobo
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
I've watched some videos and read some review on this game, I play new leaf at the moment and played wild world before that.
Just wondering what people think of this game overall?
It's difficult to make a decision just based on what I've read on reviews so far.
As much as I can tell you don't have a town to visit or a house?
So you design houses for villagers and you can visit them?
Also, what are the amibo cards used for?
I know you scan them on the new ds, is it to get that character in the game to design their house? And are all animals you design houses for living in a certain area that you can just go to?

Sorry for so many questions but it's easier asking here than typing out everything I'm trying to find out into Google!

Last edited:
I think you should definitely get the game even if you're on the fence about it. It's very different to NL and WW, but you won't know if you'll like it until you play it for a bit. I just bought it in the end because I couldn't stand not owning an Animal Crossing game, I didn't think I would like it much but I do. I love it. And generally people have a positive reaction to it.

The amiibo cards aren't necessary to the game, so you can choose whether you want to buy them or not. But they unlock characters for you (which happens randomly in the game anyway) and it also means you can ascribe them roles in venues. It's superficial, not game-changing. So you don't have to buy them, like I said. I choose not to unless I want to treat myself, because I don't want to commit or invest that much money in collecting them.

You can visit all the houses of the characters that you have designed houses for, yes.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply!
I think I will, it's not very expensive on Amazon and I thought I could play it in between new leaf.
Glad to see the amibo cards aren't necessary to the game as I think they're about ?10 each or something. So I can get those characters anyway even without the cards? There's nobody special or anything not available in the game already?

Without the cards you won't be able to design houses for special characters like Isabelle, Tortimer or Resetti et cetera. And you won't be able to "summon" different characters by using their card. But that's all you'd miss out on. If you can live with that is up to you, of course.

Just keep in mind that this is not a game you can spend hours on. You decorate 2-3 houses and then by then, generally most people get tired and shut it off for the day. But it IS fun! Just isn't as entertaining as New Leaf. But I don't regret buying it. It's adorable and creative!

It's really relaxing to play it in the evening while watching TV
Theres no real time like in the main games, once you finish a project its evening and you can end the day.

The beginning of the game is really entertaining, lots of public projects. After that its just houses for every villager, but barely any house themes so theres always something new to create

I think the game is worth it, and I really like the amiibo card feature, I thought I wouldn't but it's nice getting to have more than one villager in a house, because you can invite them over to hang at the house and dress them up, this is especially nice for houses with like "club" or "store" kind of themes, because if you just leave the store as just having the one person it seems empty, at least to me. I also like the cards for collecting because they are adorable. But if you don't have a NEW 3DS you can buy the little reader online and they aren't too much, I think it's worth it. And even though there are limited "themes" you can go back and make the houses any theme you want which I think is nice. =]

The game did miss some points but I still like it a lot! It gives you a lot of creative freedom. Its completely adorable and worth the money, in my opinion. I think you will like it. :)

I don't like it. I'm not saying it isn't a good game; it's just not that interesting to me. I feel like there isn't much furniture to choose from and I hate designing yards and stores. I love the cards, though, and I'm collecting them.

I feel like I would miss the more complex elements of New Leaf, but I really like customizing houses... so maybe I should get it??

if you love customizing houses i say go for it! Lottie is adorable and even if you like Isabelle she is in it! and plus, you get to dress up your villagers! (as seen in my profile picture)

Last edited:
All boils down to how much you love to decorate. I spent days, weeks, months, years even tailoring my houses in past games, thinking about every little detail, obsessing over how I'd try to fit this theme in this room, that theme in this other room, etc, etc, and so I obviously love the designing aspect, so I totally love a game based entirely on that. If you do as well, you'll probably love it, but you've got to play it quite differently from Animal Crossing. No fishing, bug catching, no holidays, no events at all for that matter including your birthday, it's just decorating, decorating, and decorating some more. Similar to Tipping Stars and Super Mario Maker, you can visit other's designs and rate them. I enjoy that, and I've already achieved over 1,000 ratings in every category, since I do enjoy decorating for each theme using new and old furniture. Like I said before, I enjoy the designing aspect of this series, so you better at least like to do that, because if you don't, you're going to have a bad time! LOL

I wasn't sure whether to buy HHD either, but eventually I did because I really wanted the cards of my favourite villagers. It's really fun to design their houses and I like the fact you can design your own shops and facilities in the plaza area. It's not a game I can play all day, I maybe do 2-3 houses at a time. But only because I like to design down to the last detail which can take a while. My favourite thing about HHD is the customization and how you can change the colour and pattern on most of the items. I can spend hours just looking through everything, especially the little food bits. It's nice to have something different to play. I'm glad I bought it, it's a really cute game.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first bought it but it actually is pretty addicting. It would be cool if this was a feature in a new Animal Crossing game... It's still fun though.

It was a cool game in the beginning, but after a month I had already completed the shopping area and I started to get bored. It's a really cute game, but keep in mind it gets tedious after a while. I feel like Nintendo could have added many more features than they did.

You should get the game and try it. I will admit I have the game I was extremely excited about it, once I started playing my excitement fizzled out a lot quicker than I thought. I really missed the freedom to roam and variety of New Leaf. From what I saw in the videos you got to do stuff outside but when you first start the game you are stuck in the office or in someone's house trying to figure out how to design it and not doing much else. My sister keeps asking me questions about it that I can't answer because I haven't played the game again since day one. It kinda makes me sad, I had way too high expectations for it. I want to design villagers houses and run the town. I guess I just want to be all powerful and the game wasn't letting me ;) Good luck with your decision, I hope I didn't turn you off to the game.

I honestly thought I would hate HHD because it's so different from New Leaf, and I wasn't planning on getting it, but my brother got it for me for christmas, and I loved it. I played it for 4 hours straight when I first tried it. I'm almost afraid to play it too much because then I'll have to juggle two animal crossing addictions xD

You're not the mayor, you have waaay more than 10 villagers living in your town, the town map is completely different, and the things you can build in town are mostly things like schools, hospitals and shops, but all in all, it's a great spinoff game :3

Back