• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do with your amiibos?

What do you do with your amiibos?

• i display and collect amiibos.

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • i use the amiibos on the games that i play.

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • other? (please reply!)

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
I've used them for a couple Smash battles and unlocking the Mario Kart 8 outfits. I mainly display them on my shelf. I currently only have Marth, Rosalina, Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Ike.

Last edited:
I am genuinely surprised that no one has said #InB4Jason yet...

other? (please reply!)
I display one set of all of the currently released amiibo in their boxes and open the other set of all of them to use them in games.

Last edited:
Usually I just use them once in the one or two games they do something specific, shortly before I stick them on a shelf to gather dust and serve as a constant visual reminder that I spend too much money on useless crap.

I display one set of all of the currently released amiibo in their boxes and open the other set of all of them to use them in games.

Kinda surprised to hear you don't put them in your butt.

Last edited:
>not having a multi-choice poll

I just chose collect/display because that's what they're being used for like 95% of the time, and I'll generally buy regardless of game support too

- - - Post Merge - - -

note: I don't do NIB screw the boxes

I collect and display them. They're all well made, especially the Sonic one. Nintendo has sculpted that hedgehog better than SEGA ever has in all toys and merchandise.

I don't display the boxes, rip 'em right out and play them on Smach bros, or those board games wherever they apply. Then it's still displaying to me, put the amiibo's up on my mantle in front of my dvd collection in the extra space. I had to start making a 2nd trip across the mantle on top of the dvd's since then but it's still fun. My favorite amiibo to play with are the Splatoon guy and girl because I never use sniper or roller weapons online, so it gives me a chance to see how the other half lives without anything bad I do counting against me.

I use them for games that I play.
So far I have one figurine amiibo from Japan that's Isabelle and 18 amiibo cards for AHHD

I collect and display them. They're all well made, especially the Sonic one. Nintendo has sculpted that hedgehog better than SEGA ever has in all toys and merchandise.

Yeah, right about the hedgehog thing. Totally agree with you.

I display them out of the box, and use them if I feel like it.

Only the Yarn Yoshi are in the box, still, because I still don't know how I'd clean those if they got dusty.

i use them on the games i play and i also paint my smash amiibos to look like the skin they are in the game.... for example i painted my mewtwo black and white and i put goggles on my pikachu

Collect them, unbox them and let them rot. I only use them when I play the game its built for, pretty much only once.

I only buy Amiibos if I want to use or when I feel like they're needed in-game, otherwise no, I'm not too crazy about them. So yeah, mostly to use them.

I like to play with them on animal crossing amiibo festival or super smash brothers. :D
I do also display them on a shelf in my bedroom. :lemon:

I've purchased a few amiibo with the intent of using them in Super Smash Bros. and I've had them for numerous months now, but I've never opened them. I kinda want to keep the boxes usable because they look nice and haven't gotten around to taking them out because of that.

I still intend to use them in-game and I have no interest in buying any extras of them (they're expensive enough), but right this moment I'm technically a collect and display sort of person. Never thought that would be the case when I first bought them.

I display them in my room and also take photos~
ZxojovA.png

Back