• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SUGGESTION Notification Alert for Quotations

Unumii

【Supremely Paranoid】
Bells
I have seen other forums notify users via the 'Notifications' when another user has quoted one of their posts in a certain thread.
I think this would be beneficial on this forum too as I am sure I am not the only one who tends to miss out replies to those who have quoted me in their post as a response or something like that. Plus, it would make the forums a bit more lively and easier to navigate (around threads) in my opinion.

What does everybody else think?

I think this was suggested awhile ago, and the staff said that they couldn't do it. :\

Oh I see >w<
Well it's always worth a try, no matter how many times, right? ^-^;

Indeed! Like they always say, persistence is key!

i myself would love this feature they have it on most of the other forums i use ;-;

Last edited:
I don't see why they couldn't do it. If it can be done on other forums, then I don't see why it can't be done here. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, so I don't see what the big difference is for a reply.

Indeed! Like they always say, persistence is key!

i myself would love this feature they have it on most of the other forums i use ;-;

I don't see why they couldn't do it. If it can be done on other forums, then I don't see why it can't be done here. We get notifications when someone likes our posts, so I don't see what the big difference is for a reply.

Yeah I agree, I don't see much difference in the coding... In fact, I would find notifying of a like more complex than a mere quotation. But I'm not technician but I do understand some areas of coding. But perhaps there are new staff members on the forum who could be capable of doing this.

I'm sure a guide on how to implement this feature is available since on most forums, this feature is apparent. ~

We definitely don't disagree with this long-running request and it's on the ongoing to-do list!*

*so expect it sometime in 2019

it's a good idea but give the staff a bloody break. they're up to their neck in 'special requests' and 'suggestions ((:)'

We definitely don't disagree with this long-running request and it's on the ongoing to-do list!*

*so expect it sometime in 2019

it's a good idea but give the staff a bloody break. they're up to their neck in 'special requests' and 'suggestions ((:)'

Okay thank you so much for listening!
Also I am new to the forums and as a result of this I did not know of the long waiting list for ideas/suggestions. Sorry!

That would be awesome indeed, or if you want to talk to someone you could @ ping them.. just something so you know they want to talk with you.. I don't really have a life to check through 678767 subscribed threads lol

It's because vBulletin is ****.

*so expect it sometime in 2019**

**2026 expected beta period

That would be awesome indeed, or if you want to talk to someone you could @ ping them.. just something so you know they want to talk with you.. I don't really have a life to check through 678767 subscribed threads lol

OMG! I forgot about the '@' tagging too, this would also be helpful o3o)/

Uh I dunno, I think @tagging has was too much potential for spam and abuse.

Oh I see... But it is a feature on most forums though, so I don't see why this forum shouldn't have such a common feature :c

Gotta be honest though, I don't know of any forums that have that built in.

Not sure about built-in but Flight Rising and Gaia have the @ping and quote notification feature, respectively. I'm not sure if I've seen vBulletin-based forums with that feature tho.

Not sure about built-in but Flight Rising and Gaia have the @ping and quote notification feature, respectively. I'm not sure if I've seen vBulletin-based forums with that feature tho.

Not sure about either those honestly, but both more than likely were built from scratch but also have a few programmers/coders behind them.

I feel like it would be nice, but we should probably be able to turn it off. I feel like it could get annoying really quick.

Back