• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros why you love your main

Ness

I love the Earthbound series so much, it's probably one of my favorite game series.
However, I didn't main him bc of that. When I started smash playing smash competitively, I chose really difficult, fast, top tier characters. And it didn't feel right when playing them,,
But with ness, he was easy to control and get easy combos with. I have other mains but they're not my go to. They're mostly used for when I'm bored and just wanna mess around lol

Last edited:
For smash 4, my main is Wario

I really like him as a character concept - evil Mario - and his separate identity in WarioWare is goofy and fun even though I don't care about the WarioWare games. His playstyle is simple to get into but can be reads-based and he's one of the top "comeback" type characters with his fart move. I'm psyched he's getting the shoulder bash back in Ultimate but it remains to be seen if I'll continue maining him or will move on to Simon Belmont or King K Rool.

i'm hopefully getting ultimate and a switch for christmas, so for now? ridley! definitely ridley. i've wanted him since i was 8 and i have a huge association with him and wrote fanfics. seriously i dedicated my life to this character for a bit lmao
JOKER once he comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!! persona is my favorite series and he's my favorite character!!!!! i guess it's kinda soon to say but i'll definitely main him and ridley.

In Ultimate, Incineroar is my main.

He's my favorite Pokemon and it's just fun to play as him. I was so happy back then when
they confirmed that Incineraor would be in Smash.

Besides Incineroar, I also enjoy playing as Daisy, Peach, Pichu or Isabelle.

i have various mains throughout the super smash bros. series

in brawl it was peach, lucas and the ice climbers
in super smash bros. 3ds it was rosalina & luma, lucas and villager
in super smash bros. ultimate it is currently rosalina & luma, king k. rool, palutena and daisy/peach

i'm glad that peach/daisy feels natural and fun in ultimate unlike in sm4sh in which i had trouble with the floating mechanic, it was never an issue in brawl

i am, however, upset that lucas and the ice climbers did not translate too well into ssbu for me; villager still feels good, i just wanted to try new characters

____

the main of my mains would be rosalina & luma, she's just so elegant and her fighting style is favourable for me while playing + i love her games, personality and background ~ one of my favourite fictional characters and i'm glad she still feels good in ssbu (oh and luma is a cool little star boi)

i've wanted king k. rool for like 10+ years, i was so pleased to see him make it in and i had to main him ~ my first heavyweight main and he feels great

palutena is just a cool chick who was kinda bad in sm4sh but is now great in ssbu, had to finally main her like i wanted in sm4sh

i wanted to main peach in sm4sh, so i'm glad i can main her again like i did in brawl...however, i use daisy way more and only ever use peach ever so often, i'm glad daisy made it in because she's very animated and feels fluent for me in ssbu (same goes for peach, obviously)

Chrom because he was my most wanted for Ultimate and he finally got in. On top of that he?s an echo of Roy who I already loved. Just in general I really love Fire Emblem, and felt like Chrom deserved a spot after what happened in Smash 4. I also enjoy using his moveset.

Lucina.

I really liked her in Awakening anyway and would say she's my favourite FE character, though that could be extra bias since I main her in Smash too. Even though there are characters in FE that have better designs and/or personalities/stories, I still just liked Lucina.

In terms of Smash specifically, I just like the way she plays. The sword fighter FE characters movesets seem to me like they're basically a 'default' standard that covers all bases, whilst other character sometimes have their spike on a weird button combo or lack a type of move entirely. With that said, I never liked the way Marth played with his attacks being more powerful at the tip, it felt like I was playing him wrong if I didn't manage to get 'tip damage' with every hit. Lucina doing the same damage regardless of where the sword hits suits me fine since I will always prefer to do less but consistent damage over only sometimes doing more damage.

She also says "I cannot lose" which annoys friends, not to mention it annoys them when I call Marth a Lucina clone. There's also part of me that did initially pick her as a joke since on her announcement it turned out my friends really dislike her for whatever reason, so I obviously started picking her to annoy them.

Other than that, I mained Kirby for the longest time (Smash 64 - Smash 4) since I just like Kirby, not to mention I got a UK high score in 'Official Nintendo Magazine' using Kirby in Melee which made me love him that little bit more (a record I imagine has been destroyed since then).

I've also been using Pikachu quite a bit recently since I've found I do pretty well with him.

Back