• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Next Animal Crossing Title! Wii U or NX?

maounkhan

Bells
Mailbox
Orange (Fruit)
Title may have been hard to decipher but the next Animal Crossing game come in two to four years, maybe. The thing is why we didn't get AC for Wii U earlier because Wii U came out in 2012. ACNL came out in 2013. Lost track of time. Maybe when the Wii (CF) to 3DS (NL) transition happened they lost track of time taking five years for a sequel to come. So what do you expect the new AC title to be on, Wii U or NX? Plus two bonus questions! What do you think will the next AC title be? Does NX stand for Nintendo Xbox?

Last edited:
Is this a serious question? The Wii U is dead.
I could go another five years without a new Animal Crossing though. The last thing I'd want is something rushed.

I think the next Animal Crossing will be on the NX. If they planned for a Wii U release, they would have given us one earlier instead of the spin offs we got instead (I liked the spin offs, but still)

It makes sense if they want to release the next game of a popular franchise as an NX launch title. In my opinion, it'd be a smart business decision.

Is this a serious question? The Wii U is dead.
I could go another five years without a new Animal Crossing though. The last thing I'd want is something rushed.

This is a serious question. They have been hinting a AC on Wii U (i.e. Villager and Isabelle on Mario Kart 8, Villager on SSB4) for quite a while.

Last edited:
Maybe the next AC title will be Animal Crossing: Back to the City

And maybe it could take City Folk's concept and expand on it? I hope ^^

I think the next Animal Crossing will be on the NX. If they planned for a Wii U release, they would have given us one earlier instead of the spin offs we got instead (I liked the spin offs, but still)

It makes sense if they want to release the next game of a popular franchise as an NX launch title. In my opinion, it'd be a smart business decision.

Though, they had it in every console in the time between N64 and 3DS, yes? If I'm missing a console, I am not a Nintendo fan just to tell you that. Why would they miss one console? You may take it back as why not miss one console, am I right?

Well.. you do have a point about AC never missing a console, but the Wii U is not like other Nintendo consoles. Sadly, it tanked and it tanked hard. I don't know whether it was because of poor advertising or not, but it caused Nintendo to lose quite a bit of money over a short period of time.

I think they want to start again, and focus their new games on a new console that can redeem their losses

We still don't know anything about the NX really. Although, it's likely the next Animal Crossing will be on there if they do make another one. I hope the NX doesn't come out anytime soon because I still use my Wii U a lot and just bought a PS4 this year. I don't know how much I'd really play it though. I prefer AC as a handheld game because it just gives me so many opportunities to play it when I'm not home. They're really going to have to step up their game with with the NX if they want a chance against Microsoft and Sony.

Last edited:
I think there's still a chance we'll get a Wii U title. If Nintendo think Zelda U can still sell on the Wii U, then AC U probably could too. Zelda is a much bigger franchise than AC.

That said, if nothing is revealed by E3 this year, then NX for sure.

Though, I am not a fan of Zelda. It just seems like Nintendo either:
1. Never liked the Wii U and never raised it as the other consoles
2. Started the ninth generation early

Last edited:
Anybody think it'll be on the Wii U? They may have just the Wild World to City Folk thing if they must do it from a New Leaf style to this. Yep, imagine if it'll be multiplayer. One player on TV and one on GamePad. Yeah, the possibilities are never ending.

I would hope it would come out on 3DS :-( seeing as that's the only one I have. I'm interested to see what the NX is going to be like though, I'm betting on something similar to what they did with Wii U but improving it a lot.
They shouldn't have even released the new Zelda on the Wii U in my opinion, should have waited for NX.
It's never had great sales by comparison to other Nintendo consoles and the idea never appealed to me.

Yeah, which YouTubers would get NX?
Gonna email Nintendo and see what they say (is that allowed on the forum?)

Last edited:
i'd hope they'd keep it on the DS, but thats just my personal opinion. i don't like anything wii related and i'm still bitter about the wii discontinuing the gamecube. forever going to be bitter about that man. haha.

as far at the NX goes, i'm curious to see what the concepts of it are and how it would be played. who knows. hopefully something comes up about it at E3

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the WiiU is pretty much out of the question by now.

Oh man, I've read about the NX somewhere on the internet but I didn't think it was actually real?! I just hope the company will continue with the animal crossing series and the next one to be even more advanced and extremely addicting

Oh man, I've read about the NX somewhere on the internet but I didn't think it was actually real?! I just hope the company will continue with the animal crossing series and the next one to be even more advanced and extremely addicting

Well, maybe you're right. But the ninth generation is starting too early.

Back