Things in real life that remind you of Animal Crossing

My finches make beeping sounds and it reminds me of the sound your character makes when typing. The really high pitched letter sounds.

My room mate wanted to buy an aquarium so we went to a fish dealer today. I saw an arowana and immediately knew what it was and was like "that sells for 10,000 bells!!!" but he didn't get it :/

Walking down the sidewalk to work (or anywhere) and thinking.... 'Man, this pattern is ugly. I really need to change it.'

when i notice people's furniture more and i know its because i spend so much time making my house in animal crossing cute lol

Last edited:
when i notice people's furniture more and i know its because i spend so much time making my house in animal crossing cute lol

I get that too, also because I build quite a lot in The Sims.

Here in Australia we get cicadas and having lived in the UK most of my life I really notice the constant sound of the cicadas here. I first heard them in Wild World so now that I've moved they always remind me of AC.

Whenever I see a lone leaf lying on the ground, sometimes I'll think to myself, "I wonder what kind of furniture that is..." I'll also think of my room as a room in my mayor's house.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll also go to stores and try to figure out prices certain things would be if they were bought with bells.

Last edited:
--whenever i see mooncakes at my Chinese grocery i'm reminded of the autumn moon festival in ACNL (even tho they dont give you chinese mooncakes in the game).

--also, whenever i see persimmons or durian now at the store, it reminds me of ACNL.

--also, it seems like every few months there's something in the news about a "rare ocean sunfish" washing up on the beach in california or somewhere...

You are aware that Setsubun isn't in Animal Crossing, since it's the localized version of Animal Forest. You have to get Animal Forest (outside oideyo) if you want to do the real Japanese holidays. This game is based on the real world, seen through Japan's kawaii eyes, so many things should remind you of the game.

You are aware that Setsubun isn't in Animal Crossing, since it's the localized version of Animal Forest. You have to get Animal Forest (outside oideyo) if you want to do the real Japanese holidays. This game is based on the real world, seen through Japan's kawaii eyes, so many things should remind you of the game.

Setsubun is in the Japanese version of New Leaf... that's what I was referring to. This is just a general discussion of anything IRL that reminds you of any of the AC games not the GameCube one specifically

How many bells do you think Reese will give me for these?

JL3M3BE.jpg

When I see certain flowers, pink trees, fish, bugs, and sea creatures that I can identify because of animal crossing!

Fish, bugs and fruit.

Whenever I am in the supermarket and I see some crazy fruit, I always think of Animal Crossing.

I love the soundtrack to Yoshi's Woolly World! ^^

Things that remind me of animal crossing IRL..... well, the bushes outside this one building I pass by every day finally bloomed. Thanks to ACNL, I now know they are white, pink, and light pink azaleas. That reminds me every time to get them to plant around Poppy's house.

Back