• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Stardew Valley

Looks fun thanks for posting, I'll have to remember to buy.

I saw this earlier and got excited but I've forgotten about it! I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, it looks great.

looks cool, graphics reminds me of alttp of the zelda series..

Insanely excited for this game, being the absolutely huge Harvest Moon fan that I am. I'll be picking it up on day 1.

This definitely looks like a mash-up of Harvest Moon and Terraria. The music is very Terraria too. Looking forward to it.

I did not know of this. Looks quite promising.

I am so excited for this game! Besides just being a farming life sim, and exactly my style, it has tons of features that I've been wishing for in Harvest Moon games for ages.

On the PC - Having a farming game on the computer is a dream come true! Seeds of Memories is going to do this, apparently...but I am afraid that it doesn't seem to be as fully featured as Stardew is.
NPC villagers that aren't just mindlessly happy all the time - The villagers all have personalities, and many have troubles and triumphs both. HM characters have become more and more bland as time has passed.
Marriage - You can marry ANY of the candidates whatever your gender.
Participatory Festivals - The festivals aren't always just a little cutscene, you actually play a mini game to participate!
Collecting - As we all know, filling up a museum is extremely fulfilling (thanks, Blathers!) Well, there is a museum to fill up in Stardew!
SIMPLE farming - I don't have to worry about getting 10 different levels of turnip. There's Turnips, and high quality turnips, and I don't have to min/max values to figure anything out. I can appreciate that complex produce mechanics are neat...but I don't personally find them super fun.
Family Life - After you get married...it's not the end of the game. There's more to your spouse than just being a prize to be won. =P
Slightly more directed - HM keeps stretching out the days and making things take longer and longer (presumably because people complained about not being able to do everything in a day?) But it feels less fun to me when I don't have to plan a little to get stuff done. If I can just goof around all day and still get the chores done in time to go around and give gifts...what's the point? I end up doing everything efficiently and then spending that extra time grinding for bugs or something. Not very fun. Stardew has a faster day and it seems to be perfect for making things feel more like a game to be played.

Then there's stuff that Stardew simply seems to do better than Harvest Moon ever did (despite them trying to do it)

Fishing - There's a fun little mini game when you fish, and it ,makes it feel like you are actually reeling in a big one!
Farm Decoration and layout, House decor, and character creation - HM:ANB did this, but Stardew's tools seem to be much more flexible and allow for greater customization.

And lots more that I probably don't even know about yet. I am crossing off the days until I get my hands on this game! =D

^ While I am also super excite for Stardew Valley, there's also World's Dawn on Steam now. If those are features you're looking for, it's worth looking into as well. :3

There's obvious Harvest Moon influence, but I hear they put a lot more effort into the writing; the characters and the story are deep, but the farming aspect itself is pretty shallow.*
Also goes a step beyond HM/Story of Seasons by allowing you to marry anyone, as Stardew does. (tho it seems to do that by asking your sexual orientation at the beginning; I am unsure if you can be bi or if it's strictly straight/gay).

*The dev(s) seem pretty committed, tho. It only released a week ago and they just updated it with double the farmland after people complained it was leaning too far into a dating sim realm - there wasn't enough farming to be done.

It's an RPG Maker title so I'd usually give it a pass just on that alone, but the reviews are making me consider nabbing it. lol

There is also Our Love Will Grow but you can only play as a boy and date girls. "For the story." It's also a land of eternal summer, but on the flip side it's a much larger world and you have infinite pocket space. Basically, if you need more HM-likes in your life, it's already cheap and it's regularly discounted, lol.

^ While I am also super excite for Stardew Valley, there's also World's Dawn on Steam now. If those are features you're looking for, it's worth looking into as well. :3

There's obvious Harvest Moon influence, but I hear they put a lot more effort into the writing; the characters and the story are deep, but the farming aspect itself is pretty shallow.*
Also goes a step beyond HM/Story of Seasons by allowing you to marry anyone, as Stardew does. (tho it seems to do that by asking your sexual orientation at the beginning; I am unsure if you can be bi or if it's strictly straight/gay).

*The dev(s) seem pretty committed, tho. It only released a week ago and they just updated it with double the farmland after people complained it was leaning too far into a dating sim realm - there wasn't enough farming to be done.

It's an RPG Maker title so I'd usually give it a pass just on that alone, but the reviews are making me consider nabbing it. lol

There is also Our Love Will Grow but you can only play as a boy and date girls. "For the story." It's also a land of eternal summer, but on the flip side it's a much larger world and you have infinite pocket space. Basically, if you need more HM-likes in your life, it's already cheap and it's regularly discounted, lol.

i saw u playing castaway paradise too, and it looks pretty cool. also im glad i didnt buy it immediately when seeing it, cuz it went on 67% sale (chinese new year) a few hours later lol

Last edited:
It is just on PC at first (though the developer plans to do Mac and Linus releases if the game does well).

It's going to be $14.99

Also, he is planning to do an update in the future (think several months, rather than weeks) that will introduce full storymode 4 player co-op!

Last edited:
hi,,,me again..i find u (the game i looking for) out now..!
Great,,i am a super fan of 牧場物語(Japanese version) and have played HM:lost Valley (not so fun but still ok in general)...and i really want ot buy this game(Stardew Valley) since i find that there are many things are interesting(those can't find from HM and 牧場物語)...hope the game will be on sale asap...^__^

Last edited:
like i said in the other thread, if u have paypal or a credit card or other way to pay online, u can easily get the game.

like i said in the other thread, if u have paypal or a credit card or other way to pay online, u can easily get the game.

thx..i will try my best to do so..thx a lot^__^

will u open a new thread like sharing the gameplay etc.here when u buy the game?

Last edited:
Back