• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Monpe returning?

RhinoK

Back for NH!
Bells
Winter Mittens
October Birthstone (Opal)
Orange Mote of Flame
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Gold Mailbox
Small Mailbox
I know she was found in the game files, however her picture wasn't, so people assumed she was just cut. However, I just found this on the Animal Crossing Wiki:

I'm not sure where it was found but it looks real

I don't know, but that'd be great c:
I know a lot of miners have been talking about her in the game, as well as others like Piper. There ARE pictures here,
http://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/animalcrossinghappyhomedesigner/sheet/68338/

I think by pictures they mean the villager pictures, which Monpe doesn't have one. iirc, the only characters that do are the 3 we know of so far (Louie, Claude, and Maddie) - none of the others with icons have their villager pic programmed into the games data.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/65/68351.png

So basically, if you have the character icon but not the villager picture, it either means Nintendo planned to put them into the game, made their working models, but gave up, they just programmed the models early since they take more time, and plan on adding the pics later, or the villagers will come without the pictures.

I think some of them might as DLC which would be nice because I really want there to be a lot more DLC I can't get enough items and I've nearly quick-run the whole game yet

I think by pictures they mean the villager pictures, which Monpe doesn't have one. iirc, the only characters that do are the 3 we know of so far (Louie, Claude, and Maddie) - none of the others with icons have their villager pic programmed into the games data.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/65/68351.png

So basically, if you have the character icon but not the villager picture, it either means Nintendo planned to put them into the game, made their working models, but gave up, they just programmed the models early since they take more time, and plan on adding the pics later, or the villagers will come without the pictures.

That's what I meant by 'pictures', yeah.

I hope that they do return, but I doubt that they will come without their pictures. We know that Monpe's model was at least made. Thanks for clearing it up for me

I found Gruff!!!

Gruff returned in New Leaf and I have him in my town. I was so happy to find out he was returning because he a favourite in my GC town :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found all of their models

tumblr_nzgp91I7dC1sojdvio5_1280.jpg
tumblr_nzgp91I7dC1sojdvio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzgp91I7dC1sojdvio3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nzgp91I7dC1sojdvio6_1280.jpg

i love the wolf in that spoiler omg
i'm really hoping some old characters do come back ;-;

Last edited:
That's what I meant by 'pictures', yeah.

I hope that they do return, but I doubt that they will come without their pictures. We know that Monpe's model was at least made. Thanks for clearing it up for me

Gruff returned in New Leaf and I have him in my town. I was so happy to find out he was returning because he a favourite in my GC town :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found all of their models

Wow. So, what are the E+ villagers English names?

I know she was found in the game files, however her picture wasn't, so people assumed she was just cut. However, I just found this on the Animal Crossing Wiki:

I'm not sure where it was found but it looks real

Wow. So, what are the E+ villagers English names?

Lul, that's my picture. xP Yeah, Monpe is in the data but without a localised name or villager pic. I don't know if any more pics were added in the recent update, -haven't even looked tbh, I've not been well.

Kamaboko is apprently going to be named P.J. (someone else found this in the update apparently)
Monpe has no localised name still.
Vanessa is probably cut content, unlocalised name still. She doesn't have a functioning model in game, so I doubt she'll be included. (Same goes for Hornsby, Weber and Sandy) (and potentially Buzz, Rex and Tybalt)

If you want the breakdown of info: http://jinglefruit.tumblr.com/post/136453157481/returning-villagers-info

And if people want a shedload more pictures of new villagers: http://jinglefruit.tumblr.com/tagged/returning-villagers (change the returning-villager at the end of the URL to the villager name you want for just that villager) This tag contains images of future Happy Home Challenge items too.

I was keeping this off of TBT out of respect of the rules here, but seeing as other people are posting it now anyway I may aswell make sure you get all the info instead of just the odd bits that have filtered through.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping we do see Piper soon and Ursala, I had both in my ACGC town and I really loved them. Just seeing that spoiler made me happy.

Last edited:
I really hope Monpe comes back. She's so cute! Even if she doesn't make it in HHD, at least put her in the next Animal Crossing!

I just saw on the animal crossing wiki that Robin's catchphrase was changed as of recently in HHD. It's Tweet-tawoo now, anybody have the facts to back this up? I assume her catchphrase was given to Piper, since it's more fitting for her because she's a peppy bird and Robin's a snooty bird. Maybe this is a hint that Piper may be coming soon as DLC?

I like Spike the Rhino and the pink elephant.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also predict that all the old villagers brought back in this game, will be in the next Animal Crossing.

I actually am hoping that they're finished with releasing new DLC; I've been playing a different game and barely remember to check for the month's new HHN challenge. ><

I actually am hoping that they're finished with releasing new DLC; I've been playing a different game and barely remember to check for the month's new HHN challenge. ><

They keep repeating the same dlc villagers over and over, so I'm guessing the others will release with the mobile app to promote it, -or never cause the next game is probably still a couple years away atleast. s:

That or a random bonus bunch of amiibo cards will hold them, but I don't see that happening. But we still have no official way of having Carrie, Filly, Felyne, Maddie, Louie and Claude visit other designs in hhd.

Last edited:
I really hope Monpe appears. She is said to appear on Nookapedia and sites like that so we have hope?

I really hope Monpe appears. She is said to appear on Nookapedia and sites like that so we have hope?

Anyone can edit on Nookapedia though, as long as you have an account. Most of the time Nookapedia's info has been spot on though so I doubt they'd have it wrong. However, they're just mainly pulling from jingle's source, there's no additional proof to suggest that she most definitely will be returning. But we can have hope that she will if not in HHD, the next game!

Anyone can edit on Nookapedia though, as long as you have an account. Most of the time Nookapedia's info has been spot on though so I doubt they'd have it wrong. However, they're just mainly pulling from jingle's source, there's no additional proof to suggest that she most definitely will be returning. But we can have hope that she will if not in HHD, the next game!

Well all those villagers were in the game from release, and the info on them was on nookipedia first (except sandy) before I had them in game - I think most are sourced from the spriters-resources dump, which missed Hornsby, Weber, Sandy and Vanessa. But I think I was the first (/only for most of them?) person to load them into the game to get pictures.
They do have another informant though, because neither I, nor the SR dump, found Kamaboko's localised name.

Also, for some reason the wiki has decided Hornsby, Weber and Vanessa don't deserve ACHHD being added to the games they're included in, but they quite merrily accepted Sandy. :p

Back