• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Final Fantasy Explorers

yeah if it's more turnbased rpg like the old ff games im getting it.. maybe it looks cool tho.

Agreed I liked that in the older games. I saw something about it on the store so I'll see if I can grab a demo.

Right now I'm waiting for my Bravely Second demo to download, it's huge :eek:. Apparently it's set before the game and unlocks items in Bravely Second.

aahh i hope bravely second is good.. i hate the first one so much smh what did they think...

gl getting a demo i should check if it's out here too.. hm.

aahh i hope bravely second is good.. i hate the first one so much smh what did they think...

gl getting a demo i should check if it's out here too.. hm.

I got mine through early access because I preordered the game from Nintendo, not sure if it's out yet for everyone.

I'm buying this game next month, so excited I must say! hopefully online isn't region locked..

^this region lock should die out already nintendo freaks not doing it smh

also if anyone has played/tried it lemme know about the combat, if it's anything like recent rts-ish stuff rather than turn-based im not getting it lol

also i dont mind monster hunter, that combat is alright but if it's like XII where you have to control like 893275 characters at the same time and move around badly, nah

i think the online is region locked.. cuz i havent seen or played with any japanese players.. and i believe if its not locked, it will be hard for us to communicate to each others.. since we can only choose pre-made conversation.. such as 'Nice to meet you!' or 'I'm getting ready for a quest!' and etc.

The game is only region locked with Japan. Only Japanese copies can play with each other online, western copies (aka PAL and NA copies) are free to play with each other no problem.

Reason for this is because the Collectors Edition is region specific, and was never released in Japan (only NA and EU) and contains the special DLC weapon quests. So since the DLC isn't in the Japanese game, thus the quest/reward content isn't in the Japanese version, so it'd be an issue if an NA/EU copy and a JPN copy were to play online and do the CE quest, because the data wouldn't be in the Japanese version.

The game is only region locked with Japan. Only Japanese copies can play with each other online, western copies (aka PAL and NA copies) are free to play with each other no problem.

Reason for this is because the Collectors Edition is region specific, and was never released in Japan (only NA and EU) and contains the special DLC weapon quests. So since the DLC isn't in the Japanese game, thus the quest/reward content isn't in the Japanese version, so it'd be an issue if an NA/EU copy and a JPN copy were to play online and do the CE quest, because the data wouldn't be in the Japanese version.

fair beans. although I wish nintendo could grow up and stop using those default speech things.. i highly doubt 5 yo people plays those games anyways lol :rolleyes:

fair beans. although I wish nintendo could grow up and stop using those default speech things.. i highly doubt 5 yo people plays those games anyways lol :rolleyes:

It'd be Square Enix, not Nintendo :p

i have not decided if i want this title yet or not.
the graphics are not as ugly as the screenshots , are they?

The graphics are pretty ugly - the character models aren't too bad, but the area textures and creature textures are pretty noticeably ugly, at least compared to how MH4U looks. If you watch any gameplay video, that should give you a good idea of what it looks like.

Although people keep comparing it to Monster Hunter, it's not really that similar once you start playing it, apart from the fact that you accept a quest, go out and do whatever you have to do, rinse and repeat, and that you craft weapons/armour with items you've collected as well as the layout of some of the menus and the central hub also being similar to Monster Hunter's. The combat relies much more on skills that are activated like in MMORPG's, quite a sizable number of the quests are aimed at defeating the smaller monsters rather than bigger ones. It's by no means a bad game, but if you're wanting or expecting Final Fantasy - Monster Hunter Edition, you will be disappointed.

Is the online of this game basically the same as single player but co-op or are they specific challenges made for online?

Is the online of this game basically the same as single player but co-op or are they specific challenges made for online?

Pretty much the same as singleplayer but with co-op. You can choose to have AI monsters follow you around that act as companions in singleplayer too. They do die pretty quickly(and respawn about a minute later), but they do a decent amount of damage.

The graphics are pretty ugly - the character models aren't too bad, but the area textures and creature textures are pretty noticeably ugly, at least compared to how MH4U looks. If you watch any gameplay video, that should give you a good idea of what it looks like.

Although people keep comparing it to Monster Hunter, it's not really that similar once you start playing it, apart from the fact that you accept a quest, go out and do whatever you have to do, rinse and repeat, and that you craft weapons/armour with items you've collected as well as the layout of some of the menus and the central hub also being similar to Monster Hunter's. The combat relies much more on skills that are activated like in MMORPG's, quite a sizable number of the quests are aimed at defeating the smaller monsters rather than bigger ones. It's by no means a bad game, but if you're wanting or expecting Final Fantasy - Monster Hunter Edition, you will be disappointed.

That's a good thing actually. Like it doesn't look like that x FFXII at least so I will probably enjoy it haha :] Like no MH hate but that game is a bit too elitist and too much stuff packed into one small console to be good really. I bet my hair MH works better on actual TV/video consoles rather than handheld.

So i just got this game and it is actually a ton of fun! Especially while playing with other people, only complaint is that the game doesn't explain many things so you will be left with a lot of questions haha!

I also heard that this game is very similar to Monster Hunter and that Monster Hunter is better, is that true? Because in that case i might get it, i'm new to this genre :p

Oh and like i said this game has an online mode which is a blast to play, i only have one person to play with though and we would like more people to play with us as you can play co-op with up to 4 players. Does anybody have this game and want to play? :3

Idek, I played 3U and 4U and they are alright imo. I really tried getting into them but.. dunno wasn't really my things with all the button combos crammed in and the cluttery layout. I don't know.

FFE looks kinda fun too though, might give that a try someday :)

Oh ok, yea from what i have seen FFE is quite a bit simpler.

I got this game but I haven't had time to play yet, I'm looking forward to giving it a go over the weekend. I couldn't promise I'd be available to do any multiplayer though unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back