Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6692-8246-9698
Island
Ula'ula
Silver Mailbox
I wanted to know what people think of the Animal Crossing: The Movie English Fan Dub, so here it is in two parts to watch.

Personally I think Ai and Yu would make a cute couple, Yu is such a sucker during the summer festival, and Margie moving away without telling Ai, that is one of the biggest pet peeves in the AC universe, your villager friends moving away without saying a word.​

I love this movie. I watched it a few months ago.

I wonder why Phyllis was so nice in the movie, rather than having her snooty personality like in the games.

Yeah, she's nicer than usual, but when Gulliver arrives, she does seem a little quick to be suspicious. And Pelly says "That's mean to say it out loud!" which makes me laugh because it means she's saying "It's ok to think that, but it's not ok to say it out loud." which doesn't seem like Pelly to me

By far it's not the best movie, in reality, few movies that are based off of video games do well in the box offices and with critics. But compared to how politically accurate it is to the game, I'd say it's pretty good. There are a few things here and there that I don't particularly like, such as the fact that Phylis is much nicer than in the games and that Tortimer and Hopper are more or less just there for comic relief. Tortimer only cares about reelection, and makes a firework of his face to promote himself. As for Hopper, his catches just get more and more ridiculous, first a boot, which I've come across once or twice, then a bike, and then an Easter Island Head!? That's not funny, well, ok, yes it is, but the joke got a bit lame.

It was far more enjoyable when I was a kid. But this movie is directed towards children. Rewatching it I just found the movie to be a bit random. I can see why they included Gulliver in his UFO. But the part with the aliens reuniting was really out there. I wish they just stuck to a more simpler concept, and had more character development and a better plot. The ending just felt so incomplete.

Last edited:
I liked the movie, it was very cute and simple! it followed a lot of the animal crossing features and yeah I cried when I first saw the move, so sad Sally moveddd D:

i think that it was really cute! really captured the essence of the games in my opinion.
though i would say that in that dub the able sisters voices were horrid however, and also Margie and her cherry pie thing was really annoying to me.

Good lord, I love this movie! I'm just a sucker for some kids movies, and this is one of them. I plan on turning my second copy of acnl into a rough version of Animal Village, and of course I'll have both Ai and Yu. I know somewhere other people have done it, but I haven't seen one. Either way I'm excited to do it. I don't want an entire game based off of the movie, however I would love another movie!

I loved it, it was so darn cute. It also had two of my favourite villagers ever, Whitney and Margie.

oh my god, i loved it so much, i think i cried? this was when i was 10 i swear ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)
and for like a year afterwards i named all my characters tanpopo and it was just so cute!

Everyone's aware this is a 10 year old movie, right? Came out in Japan in 2006, Animal Crossing hadn't been the insanely followed franchise worldwide yet- for that matter, Wild World had only come out in some regions the same year this released in Japan. They could make some anime series for it, but I doubt it'd be as good as others since the dialog is part of the series, and you'll start stereotyping villagers that players feel are certain ways given their "animalese".

That movie was so good ;u; i feel like the english fan dub was really well done. This movie made me love whitney and margie >.<
I only wish they'd make one for New Lead with reece and Isabelle.

The movie is cute and relaxing :D I was so happy with my first acnl town because got Margie and Whitney as the starters!! :DD

Back