Twilight Princess HD General Thread

Is this alright?

• Yes, it's just DLC.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • No, it's unfair for those who missed the preorder.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I don't care one way or another.

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

pokedude729

Cat King
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Flower Glow Wand
Cherry (Fruit)
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Yellow Candy
So, the game has a new dungeon...
provided you have the Amiibo.

This is very rude, as preorders sold out soon after the direct, and I've yet to see a restock. Thus, no Amiibo, and I can't get the full experience.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Last edited:
I've got the pre-order, but I think it's pretty bull****. Yea, it's an optional dungeon, but it's a pretty significant bit of content...I mean, it's an entire dungeon. It should be in the game by default.

Last edited:
you aren't able to pre-order the game+amiibo anymore? man, i'm happy i did when i did.

game is for me, amiibo for my boyfriend but looks like i'll need the amiibo now.

Depends on the functionality of the other 5 amiibo. Apart from the Wolf Link amiibo, they said that the Smash Bros. series figures would also work with this game. If you can unlock the same dungeon with just the regular Link amiibo, then I don't think it's as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

That's still up in the air though, so assuming it unlocks only with the Wolf Link amiibo, it's pretty crappy.

Maybe we should wait until we have more information than just the French name of content before passing judgement? For all we know, it could be practically nothing. Maybe it's just a boss rush kinda deal.

It's an interesting culture we've reached where we make immediate judgement off a leaked description in another language without actually seeing the content. No wonder why companies hate these leaks and do everything to avoid them.

idc
amiibo aren't that hard for me to get here (selfish) so as long as i'm fine (selfish) then i dont care (selfish again yolo). but even with that said, ninty seem to be aware of the amiibo shortage now and seem to be fixing it.
pre orders for the bundle will open up again sooner or later, plus they said that the stand alone amiibo will become available at a later date - so it's not a "haha lol u missed the bundle pre order sux 2 b u" scenario, it's basically if you get the pre-order bundle then you get early access to the feature. so i dont really see the problem, at least amiibo are actually getting some use for once (still annoyed buying the smash dlc character amiibo doesnt unlock their character in game, i'd much prefer to buy a $15 figure incl. DLC then drop $5 on the DLC alone)

also im going to go out on a limb and say the dungeon wont even be that impressive anyway so even if you dont have the amiibo you wont be missing much. baso what jubs said, i doubt its going to be an entire new dungeon with a brand new item that changes the game dramatically.

Last edited:
also im going to go out on a limb and say the dungeon wont even be that impressive anyway so even if you dont have the amiibo you wont be missing much. baso what jubs said, i doubt its going to be an entire new dungeon with a brand new item that changes the game dramatically.
After having looked up some more information on this, it seems the data saved to the amiibo can be loaded and used in Zelda U. That's likely why people are freaking out.
Even though they have no idea what the functionality actually is.

Last edited:
Whilst it might be a pity that the pre-orders sold out, you can always get it later as the amiibo isn't limited edition or something.

Honestly, this is good, amiibo functionality that actually adds something. I hate the little things like the Mario Kart costumes. It is just not worth the €16 i have to pay for every figure if it just adds things like these...

If you live in NA, I recommend stalking Amazon. Orders for TP HD bundles have gone up a few times, I haven't heard of them cancelling on people the way GameStop did with some of the Fire Emblem Fates pre-orders.

The added dungeon doesn't bother me. People keep complaining that the amiibo don't have enough functionality, but this one could potentially add gameplay for those who get it, or who know someone who gets it. It's not like it's locking an already existing part of the game so that people can no longer access it.

DLC done right is DLC that adds to an already complete experience, which this feels like it's doing. Some companies sell the incomplete product and then try to sell the rest. On something people already purchased. Blegh.

Last edited:
there goes nintendo ruining things again
like there weren't enough useless hunks of plastic

there goes nintendo ruining things again
like there weren't enough useless hunks of plastic
I don't find them useless and I have 158 of them currently. ;)

I happen to like the little quirks that they bring to Nintendo games tbth.

Last edited:
"Using the Wolf Link amiibo at a certain place will allow you to play “Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast” (perhaps this is the Twilight Cave we heard about last week). If you clear this while owning the “Giant Wallet”, you’ll earn the “Bottomless Wallet”. This lets you hold up to 9,999 Rupees, compared to Giant Wallet’s maximum of 1,000. The leak also mentions something about how Link’s health inside normal dungeons can be recovered by the amount of hearts you preserved in the exclusive dungeon."

and for those curious here's what the other Zelda amiibo do;
- Link and Toon Link fully replenish arrows
- Zelda and Sheik completely restore hearts
- Ganondorf means you’ll receive twice as much damage from enemies

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

Last edited:
So the other amiibo are just like cheats?? BORING that is no fun!

I honestly don't care if Nintendo restricts certain things to amiibo-only. I'm really just getting the game to enjoy the TP experience again, in HD. While it is a tad unfair, the Wolf Link amiibo shouldn't be that hard to find considering it's coming in a bundle with the game and independently.

I don't find them useless and I have 158 of them currently. ;)

I happen to like the little quirks that they bring to Nintendo games tbth.

i didn't mean literally useless. but i get your point. the problem i have with it is that it is $12 (i think) and it does not enhance your game that much for most games. well this game would be the exception to that.

i didn't mean literally useless. but i get your point. the problem i have with it is that it is $12 (i think) and it does not enhance your game that much for most games. well this game would be the exception to that.
Point well taken. :)

Back