• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

CALLING ALL SIMMERS!

I'm still playing ts3 lol

so I'm playing in a dystopia future and my two idiot firefighters, Jonathan and his plumbot, 5P-1CY got struck by the same meteor and I

Yf41kSh.jpg

JAusbz8.jpg

BUT THEN, Jonathan's ugly, smelly cat that he rescued saved his life???
ZIa7gO0.jpg

(and later, I revived 5P-1CY)

Ok guys I really need help here. How the heck do you shrink stairs? I'm trying to build the front porch and they're too tall but it keeps just giving me the option to rotate.

Last edited:
Ok guys I really need help here. How the heck do you shrink stairs? I'm trying to build the front porch and they're too tall but it keeps just giving me the option to rotate.

Which sims are you playing? cause on ts3 they should automatically change size when they're near permitted foundation

for ts4, they can be a bit buggy, and sometimes you need to rotate them and move them until they snap to the foundation
basically, they have to be 100% perfect :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Sims 3 is the best. Please and thank you!

I miss playing The Sims 3 but when my sister moved out she took her desktop with her and uninstalled everything so before she moved I had to delete all the save files. I miss my legacy family but at least I have photos of them on this thread. :)

Going through this thread made me miss playing Sims :( I started playing in middle school with Sims 2 because my friends were obsessed with it. I eventually got my parents to buy me my own copy along with the University and Nightlife expansions. I was obsessed!! with University. I never downloaded cc for Sims 2 though and eventually stopped playing. Then Sims 3 came out and I got the hookup from my friend because her dad worked for EA at the time. I got the base game and I believe two other expansion packs for like $10 each it was amazing. I had a lot of fun playing it and downloaded cc and mods that time around. Then eventually it just became unplayable. Like, not only did it lag, but it also wouldn't open. I tried reinstalling and everything, and when it worked, it would crash during CAS anyway. I hate that launcher with a passion omg. I'm pretty sure I still have my copies of both S2 and S3 but I refuse to try and make them work with my current 6 year old Macbook. The stress that comes with having to play while your laptop sounds like an airplane taking off...

Sims 4 came out after I stopped playing so I haven't heard much about it beyond how cool CAS is now? From the comments from this thread, though, I'm not sure I'd care to try it.

my computer is The Worst so i barely play any sims games but i really like the look of the vampire pack for the sims 4 :0 ive never been that into the gameplay of the sims 4 because i felt there were a lot of things missing but since they put in toddlers it must be a bit better... i cant update my game tho but Yh when i can i'll try it. maybe finally we can start doing legacies and stuff like that, i always loved making those in the previous games.

God I love TS3. I have hundreds of hours in that game with probably 40-50 gigs of custom content (yeah loading times are slow but im patient lol.) There's just something satisfying about the game, I really do like it :rolleyes:
My sims family has over 10 generations so far. Trying to reach 30 for a real legacy family

God I love TS3. I have hundreds of hours in that game with probably 40-50 gigs of custom content (yeah loading times are slow but im patient lol.) There's just something satisfying about the game, I really do like it :rolleyes:
My sims family has over 10 generations so far. Trying to reach 30 for a real legacy family

how do u survive the Lag

my game is barely playable w/ most expansions and 2 stuff packs and almost no cc especially if i play long in a world and get a lot of stuff...
the sims 3 is such a laggy game and yeah it's partly bc my computer Sucks but it's like.. kinda not Great on better computers either ):

how do u survive the Lag

my game is barely playable w/ most expansions and 2 stuff packs and almost no cc especially if i play long in a world and get a lot of stuff...
the sims 3 is such a laggy game and yeah it's partly bc my computer Sucks but it's like.. kinda not Great on better computers either ):

I think it depends on your computer. Sims 3 runs pretty well on my laptop with minimal lag and my laptop is about 4 years old.

yaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hall?

boi, I have too much sims 4 custom content. It makes game mode unplayable, so I just make Sims on the gallery. you can follow me if u want, my username is hoetrash. you can also add me on origin if you wish.

02-05-17_4-42-02 AM.jpg
anyway ya this is my latest sim, I don't think she's on the gallery.

yaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hall?

boi, I have too much sims 4 custom content. It makes game mode unplayable, so I just make Sims on the gallery. you can follow me if u want, my username is hoetrash. you can also add me on origin if you wish.

View attachment 195209
anyway ya this is my latest sim, I don't think she's on the gallery.

Wow! She's fab. ♥

i played the sims freeplay on android. it's extremely fun. i know it's a year old but thats activity here. i may leave it if i get a notice on how old it is.

how do u survive the Lag

all the sims games are laggy tbh. i got the sims 2 complete edition and that lags UNCONTROLLABLY. it's practically unplayable and I have a good amount of RAM. its unbelievable.;;;

all the sims games are laggy tbh. i got the sims 2 complete edition and that lags UNCONTROLLABLY. it's practically unplayable and I have a good amount of RAM. its unbelievable.;;;

Oh god, I'm sorry to hear that :(. The Sims 2 takes so long to load on my computer but it runs pretty smooth. And I can't play Sims 3 on my current computer without it crashing like 10 minutes in. I'm glad Sims 4/1 runs pretty well.

The Legacy Challenge!!!

I love the Sims 3. It's has the most content and mine never really did lag too much. I just had to disable the Into the Future expansion. The legacy challenge is what kept it fun for me. Sims is one of those games where you play hardcore for a week then go on a six month hiatus. At least for me, that's how it always happened. Then of course, every time I came back, I would start0 fresh and basically repeat the same thing using the same sims and the same house and it became very repetitive. So I went online to look for ways to make my gaming experience more fun. I discovered the legacy challenge. There are all these little rules that make it harder and I had way more fun following them and making sure everything went according to my plan. I wanted to recreate my family tree, so I did some research and my grandpa told the names of our family going back ten generations! I kept all the siblings and married them off and moved them out. To do this, I made the lifespan relatively short so I could get through the generations without becoming too attached. This also gave me something to look forward to: my birth. I am on the ninth generation now and my dad is still a child. I can't wait for him to grow up so I can finally join the game with my own sim. I am the last generation, though, so I'll probably lengthen the lifespan and play like I used to before the challenge.

I love the Sims 3. It's has the most content and mine never really did lag too much. I just had to disable the Into the Future expansion. The legacy challenge is what kept it fun for me. Sims is one of those games where you play hardcore for a week then go on a six month hiatus. At least for me, that's how it always happened. Then of course, every time I came back, I would start0 fresh and basically repeat the same thing using the same sims and the same house and it became very repetitive. So I went online to look for ways to make my gaming experience more fun. I discovered the legacy challenge. There are all these little rules that make it harder and I had way more fun following them and making sure everything went according to my plan. I wanted to recreate my family tree, so I did some research and my grandpa told the names of our family going back ten generations! I kept all the siblings and married them off and moved them out. To do this, I made the lifespan relatively short so I could get through the generations without becoming too attached. This also gave me something to look forward to: my birth. I am on the ninth generation now and my dad is still a child. I can't wait for him to grow up so I can finally join the game with my own sim. I am the last generation, though, so I'll probably lengthen the lifespan and play like I used to before the challenge.

Sims 3 is most def one of my favorites. And on my other computer (not much different from my current one) it run perfectly fine with maybe a crash once in a while. The open world concept was amazing but I can see how it could be problematic for some people's pcs.
And that sounds adorable! I hope you update us a little bit with how the challenge is going, if not, that's fine! Just have fun :D

TS2 is one of the best games created. :blush:

Oh how I love TS2, just wish those load times weren't crazy long. But I loved the roommate features. I loved the charm, such a blast to play!

Last edited:
Back