• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

CALLING ALL SIMMERS!

Jeeez I have been convinced that I don't want to play the sims for a while but this thread is making me doubt that. I have never played the sims 4 but I've played all the other sims. Did anyone every watch thehontry1 sims 'movies'? Seriously those throw me back to when I was like 8 years old ;0;

I remember those! I didnt watch those ones exactly, but I used to watch these really dramatic and sad ones with Kelly Clarkson songs over them lol. Good times.

ezgif-2-a2a0022316.jpg

ezgif-2-41c9d9d036.jpg

ezgif-2-5576b86abd.jpg

Friendship goals. (Lowkey want them to be a couple though)

The Sims 4 is the only Sims game I've played. I haven't even played any spin-offs or simcities, actually. It's my kickstart in the franchise. I bought it two years ago and... wow. Installing it was a huge pain in the butt. First, my computer's video setup was incompatible with what the game needed. So I had to buy a new one which costs $100. It was all good until I bought Get To Work. Now the memory thing from my computer was insufficient. Had to buy a new one. $200. Then I realised the video setup I had previously buyed was not sufficient either. Had to throw that one away and buy a new one for $150. I Continued buying game packs and expansions thinking that my Pc could finally handle it all but surprise! It couldn't. Now it was some other piece in the pc that broke and I had to buy a whole new pc and a new video setup because the previous was incompatible with the new pc. $200 for the pc and $300 for the new video setup. At least now my computer is all good and strong and I can play TS4 without the fear of crashing the pc. Hopefully. But regarding the game itself, I've been palying with the same family since I bought the game and that's two years. I'm quite proud. I see some people give up one family after the first child or something, but I see my sims as part of my family, people I can't just delete. I know, I'm weird. Also, I thought the sims who were already done and the ones generated randomly were so hideous I had to give them all a huge makeover, same with the town lots which I thought were built too lazy-ly. Took me at least 6 months. Yeah. Now I realised the stupid lengh of the text I just wrote. Sorry.

^ wow your computer Sucked if everything broke ): it's nice that you can enjoy the game now thi

also the long played family thing is rly cool in my opinion. i usually focus on a family a lot and only play with it but i have a problem with letting them go... i play the game without aging because i hate to not max stuff out and it is weird to have your sim's kids be as old as her ..,,. so i always end up with like 4 or 5 kids (of which im attached to like one) and the parents that i care about the most lmao.
idk i should probably try to not be so controlling because i always get sick off takkng care of a giant family and i would love to have the town progress but i don't like letting sims i care about die or grow old ):
-
lately ive been going around changing a bunch of npcs and pre made sims bc all of them are ugly af. i feel bad for the bjergsen fanily in windenburg bc theyre all ugly (especially sophia.. i changed her entire face in two separate saves bc i hated her appearance) and my sims are close friends w them so i see them a lot. ):

^ wow your computer Sucked if everything broke ): it's nice that you can enjoy the game now thi

also the long played family thing is rly cool in my opinion. i usually focus on a family a lot and only play with it but i have a problem with letting them go... i play the game without aging because i hate to not max stuff out and it is weird to have your sim's kids be as old as her ..,,. so i always end up with like 4 or 5 kids (of which im attached to like one) and the parents that i care about the most lmao.
idk i should probably try to not be so controlling because i always get sick off takkng care of a giant family and i would love to have the town progress but i don't like letting sims i care about die or grow old ):
-
lately ive been going around changing a bunch of npcs and pre made sims bc all of them are ugly af. i feel bad for the bjergsen fanily in windenburg bc theyre all ugly (especially sophia.. i changed her entire face in two separate saves bc i hated her appearance) and my sims are close friends w them so i see them a lot. ):

I love how you change the other sims appearances lmfao might go do that now...

I'm thinking of playing. Never played it before ever, but I'm thinking about getting it.

Is there really a risk of it messing up my computer? I wouldn't wanna risk it just to try it.

I'm thinking of playing. Never played it before ever, but I'm thinking about getting it.

Is there really a risk of it messing up my computer? I wouldn't wanna risk it just to try it.

I've never heard of it messing up someone's computer! It's never messed up any of mine, just made my old computer slower when loading pictures or videos on tumblr.

Just got my laptop and downloaded Sims 3 again. I am just THANKFUL that on this computer Pets actually downloaded correctly and the animals don't show up and weird stretched out Eldritch horrors. It took forever to re-download my packs and all my stuff though, but I am just happy to be back and able to play it! Still not sure if I should get 4 or not... I just got used to 3. But I have it on my birthday list so I guess we'll see if someone else buys it for me!

Just got my laptop and downloaded Sims 3 again. I am just THANKFUL that on this computer Pets actually downloaded correctly and the animals don't show up and weird stretched out Eldritch horrors. It took forever to re-download my packs and all my stuff though, but I am just happy to be back and able to play it! Still not sure if I should get 4 or not... I just got used to 3. But I have it on my birthday list so I guess we'll see if someone else buys it for me!

I had downloaded Sims 3 a long time ago but I uninstalled it because it kept freezing my computer. If yours gets too glitchy than Sims 4 is the best sim game ever created so far! It runs smooth and the graphics are clean and smooth too!
Sims 4 has a vampire game pack you can download and you can make edgy goth teenagers now!

I had downloaded Sims 3 a long time ago but I uninstalled it because it kept freezing my computer. If yours gets too glitchy than Sims 4 is the best sim game ever created so far! It runs smooth and the graphics are clean and smooth too!
Sims 4 has a vampire game pack you can download and you can make edgy goth teenagers now!

Yeah I was looking at the packs and stuff, I am broke right now so I can't buy anything, but origin is having a sale so I've been tempted. Sims 3 works great for me as long as I don't have too many active expansions for each game I start, the only one that gets glitchy for me is the Island Paradise because the water takes some guts to load, but that was on my old computer, haven't tried it on my new one yet. But I got that expansion literally JUST so I could have mermaids, when I played it I didn't see even one mermaid any of the times I went diving, so it was kind of sad. =[ And you have to have a special perk or befriend a mermaid to become one instead of being able to select it when making a character, which is kind of sucky. =[

Yeah I was looking at the packs and stuff, I am broke right now so I can't buy anything, but origin is having a sale so I've been tempted. Sims 3 works great for me as long as I don't have too many active expansions for each game I start, the only one that gets glitchy for me is the Island Paradise because the water takes some guts to load, but that was on my old computer, haven't tried it on my new one yet. But I got that expansion literally JUST so I could have mermaids, when I played it I didn't see even one mermaid any of the times I went diving, so it was kind of sad. =[ And you have to have a special perk or befriend a mermaid to become one instead of being able to select it when making a character, which is kind of sucky. =[

Ah, that explains it. I was so excited to play as a mermaid that I created a fairy character and bought a house on the Island Paradise. I hope they implement a Marine Adventure pack with mermaids in the near future in The Sims 4.

Honestly sims used to somehow hold a big part of my life. I'd go over to my friends house and for hours, we'd chug a monster play during the day, chug another and play all night, competing on who can create the biggest house on sims 3. We both downloaded endless mods and found that one didn't go with the other and we'd have to out which one it was, because we didn't want all of them gone. Another thing is that half the time one of us would wanna play sims 3 and the other would want to makes a sims, so we'd want sims 4. A constant back and forth cycle on which one is better and why, and how we both hate that sims 4 isnt open world but loved the make-a-sims feature, and how their extra packs were kinda boring but cool at the same time. We also used to always see who could produce the cutest children, steal someones husband and get the most dislikes, the say the least sims was really a big part of my childhood with my friend and honestly, it was hard picking whether to play minecraft or sims, since we only had one good computer that could semi-game with 0 lag. <:

Ah, that explains it. I was so excited to play as a mermaid that I created a fairy character and bought a house on the Island Paradise. I hope they implement a Marine Adventure pack with mermaids in the near future in The Sims 4.

That would be cool. I love all the character options like the Werewolves, Witches, Vampires and Fairies that come with the supernatural pack, but I HATE the zombies, they're just really annoying more than anything.

I made a witch Sim with a black cat and I played through probably a week or so and still haven't left the house...That to me is the hardest thing, remembering I can go beyond my own house. And she needs to because she knows like... one person besides her cat, from teaching an art class. I love all the things the cat can do though, this is my first time actually getting to play Sims 3 with pets so it's cute seeing the animals and stuff.

Back