• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

People asking for money on Club Tortimer island?

I go on the island now and again, I don't encounter bell beggars as much, I did have one where it was a girl trying to flirt with me (at the time I had on my town card that I loved my gf), tried to say she needed 20mil for our 'wedding'. I sat there freaked out and flipped the switch.

I think i've just had a really good experience when I say this (or i've just repressed it) but i've never had someone on the island beg me for bells or an item of clothing that i'm wearing. It's probably because I don't go often enough, maybe like once every 6 months or so. If I were to run into somebody who did beg me for bells i'd probably just flick the switch to be honest, I can't even make enough bells for myself, let alone spare some bells for someone else. As people have said previously, bells are fairly easy to earn. But tbh i've just never really been interested in trying to earn bells, for me i'm more interested in trying to build friendships with my villagers.

I think Nintendo add a feature with the new Update that you can avoid the chat with those people, but i'm not sure.

Yes, they did. That's why I never give up on Club Tortimer. I just report them to the blacklist by clicking on the green button on the bottom left hand side, click their name and add to blacklist. Or you can even mute the conversation!

Yes, they did. That's why I never give up on Club Tortimer. I just report them to the blacklist by clicking on the green button on the bottom left hand side, click their name and add to blacklist. Or you can even mute the conversation!

That's a thing? interesting... you deserve a pat on the back nintendo

Never had beggars. gone to CT 3 times. one of the guys i met there was ok but boring so after i got a tour of his town i deleted his fc haha....

So, not only did I get begged for bells... I got begged for my Kiki and Lala dress, my shoes, my Pompurrin hat/wig.. And "any other items I don't want".. I got called all kinds of names by two shi* heads for not saying hi quickly enough... This was my first trip to the islands and I was definitely not impressed.

I can't remember all experiences, but I do remember one where I was talking to another player on the Island, sadly can't remember who they were. But another person came and begged for bells. We asked them how did they get on the Island if they're broke? They responded with trying to sound really pitiful saying thats all they have and that they NEED the bells. We tried telling him he can fish or catch bugs, I don;t think he was happy with that answer and then it crashed. I went back on, to not only to be greated with the one I was chatting with but the begger as well. Too poor huh?
I don't get beggers like why play the game if all you wanna do is greed all over money? The game is very calm and you can take as long as you want, we aren't given a deadline to own stuff or finish off the house loans.

I'm one of those who own a 3DS that doesn't have a wifi switch so whenever I meet rude or spam begging people, I blacklist, mute conversation, leave, rinse and repeat. If they trapped me in a tour, I thank Nintendo for adding the leave immediately icon in the update, and I lose whatever bugs and fish I caught in my box but will never see that particular character ever again.

wow this is the first I've heard of this.. then again I don't go to club tortimer that often because I'm usually playing on the go w.o steady connection lol, that really sucks ;0

Back