• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

People asking for money on Club Tortimer island?

I don't know how but I get more people giving me money than begging for it... :rolleyes:
Which is nice to think about but I don't need money at all and the players that work hard for it are basically giving it away...

Happens to me a lot, once a guy asked me for like 10m igb and I said no, he scared the shark I was able to catch. I dropped 10m and flicked the switch. Never saw him since. ;)

I ran into someone who said if I didn't give him 10m he would track me down... he guessed what state I live in but that wasn't enough

I don't know how but I get more people giving me money than begging for it... :rolleyes:
Which is nice to think about but I don't need money at all and the players that work hard for it are basically giving it away...

I do that sometimes xD there was a japanese guy idling on the island, and i saw on his tpc it was close to his birthday, so i said happy almost b.day dude, dropped 10,000 bells and left lol

That's never going to change, and totally why it's a good thing they took the chat ability out of the series after City Folk. People are CONSTANTLY begging me for money, and one time I was literally there beetle farming, and it's like dude, if you see I'm collecting beetles to make money, do you really think I'm going to be giving away what I have when I'm trying to make it?? They cursed me out, then flipped the wireless, but thankfully, they didn't realize the save happened when they came, I didn't lose any of my bugs in the basket- only about 3 that were in my pocket when they arrived. I'm getting so annoyed going to Club Tortimer anymore, they're loads of beggers on it!

I don't think I've experienced bell beggars on Club Tortimer Island ;) but if I did, I'd probably give it to them if they asked nicely and stuff. I like to give out bells whenever I feel like it lol, for example some days before Christmas, I dressed up as Santa and went to Club Tortimer to give random people free bells. The first time I went dressed at Santa there was this guy, and I said: "Ho ho ho!" And then I said hi. He said hi back, then he slowly walked up to me like he couldn't believe his eyes XD :p I gave people bells like 600k and stuff, but then I started giving people like a whole pocketful of bells.

Last edited:
I just report them on the blacklist if they're rude! I don't let them ruin my experience. Once, I actually was able to be paired up with a guy from Canada and we played on tours for 2 hours, until his bedtime. We exchanged friend codes. I'm never giving up just because of scammers.

I think the last time I had a bell begger was when this girl came to the island and asked for a lot of money. I said I didn't really have any (which wasn't a lie because I just paid off my house loan), and after a few minutes of fishing she just said "*sigh* Bye -_-" and left. I try not to let that ruin my fun time though

i usually do give money to people if they ask but thats only because i hacked all my bells. i completely understand people that worked hard to get their money though, but if you're asked again and again and if that person doesnt stop asking you gotta flip the switch. or pretend to be afk if you caught fish and bugs. they'll usually go home but annoying people will flip the switch only because they're impatient.

its a shame club tortimer had to be like this i wish it could have been like omegle... maybe being able to ask kapp'n for some tags and he could pair you with the same people that entered the tags you did. at least it would be easier to find people you have something in common with

i usually just say no or ignore or i'll give thrm 100-10k if they "leave me alone". i wish there was a system where you could pick a specific age group to meet with. or like poyo said, something that would let you write in tags to find people with common interests. i find bell beggars a lot and it's best to ignore them

Last edited:
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its these types of players, the bell beggars and exploiters or "can I catalogue that hat?" and then steal it..that RUIN CT (and the ones who harass sexually or bully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that EVERY TIME I go there to island hop, or just to check it out..maybe see if anyone is up for a tour....the place is PLAGUED by these players!!!! They are freaking relentless, and I cant help but get angry...like when I am harassed by one of these bell beggars, I always tell them to earn it!!! YOURE ON THE ISLAND CATCH A SHARK OR A BEETLE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

The best was when I had this guy and girl team it seemed, both had on the 1mil bell crowns, and I'm like..."REAALLY!?!?!?! Go sell your crown...and leave me alone"...
Its like they check people badges that come on the island and go after anyone who has an avid or tycoon bell badge. I cant stand it...and block these people.
Its a shame though, its like you obviously don't like the game (Since the part of the game is WORKING ON EARNING BELLS, and the like...its like why...why go around begging?! how lazy are you?!) so why are you playing?! I always think that these players are or were the kind of kids I went to school with who were constantly getting caught like plagiarizing books for papers, or copying right off the internet for their essays, or the encyclopedia for reports...yknow??? Like theyre just TOO LAZY to do it themselves...theyre the kinda people who later in life are buying homework assignments offa people, or drop some newspaper over spilt milk on the floor..

I just copy them. They really hate that.

Bell beggar- Can you give me bells?
Me- Can you give me bells?

Bell beggar- Please, I'm broke.
Me- Please, I'm broke.

Bell beggar- I really need some bells.
Me- I really need some bells.

Bell beggar- Stop asking me. I'm broke
Me- Stop asking me, I'm broke.

You get the idea. I guess I'm a bit ornery. I love picking on the annoying ones. They amuse me. Sometimes they need a piece of their own medicine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

"money or i flick switch!!!!"

That's when you give them bells, then flip the switch after they pick them up.

There are some people that actually ask for bells or they just start what the internet named "Trolling you" if you don't give em what they want.

I think Nintendo add a feature with the new Update that you can avoid the chat with those people, but i'm not sure.

Hmm. Reading this makes me not want to go there anymore. It is fairly easy to get the CT exclusive items from here, I just wanted to earn them myself. Is it always this bad? I've never been before.

I've never gone to the island and don't plan to do so. But I hear this is a fairly common occurrence and complaint. You see this a lot in any online game, players begging for money. It's annoying, but easy enough to just end session and move on to another lobby.

Haven't been to CT islands for a long time, when I did, I didn't get anyone asking for bells. But I did get trapped several times, (I think by them opening their inventory, not sure what they did).
Since then I've managed to earn the mailman hat and I do wear it - wise to leave things like that at home, its not orderable. I could easily forget to take it off prior to going. I'm sure players check your medal page.

I have heard, but not experienced, players bringing items that are not possible to the island - like silver/gold tools.
I'm way more wary of this aspect, as editing the game has progressed a lot.
If I went to the island I would now not pick up any item dropped by another player. I've not heard of any issues with items via the CT island, but I've heard of problems with picking hacked items up in other towns (or what is dropped in your own town).
So its probably wise to be cautious.

I've only ever been to CT islands with an old 3ds xl & have flipped the wifi switch when I've got trapped. I now have a new 3dsxl & new town & have not bought CT membership - don't really want to power off if I get trapped, and not sure if moving out of range of router/switching router off would work - presumably it would, and I would get sent back to my town rather than being booted off the game altogether. Suppose I could give it a try, not in any hurry.

Back