amiibo Festival This game sucks Grunkle Stanus's Anus

I actually like Happy Home Designer. I gave it a three-month play before I stopped playing it so actively. I barely play it now.

amiibo Festival I do own, but I never played. However, judging from what I heard from the community, this is a shameful attempt from Nintendo. It's basically Nintendo's first party titles at its worst.

happy home designer is fun, it lacks in depth and acts more like an easy time waster and of course it doesn't compare with the main games but it gave you what it promised; a game where you're able to design houses in a much more advanced level than house designing in the main games...

amiibo festival I haven't played but since I have mario party 10 and I hated it I don't think I ever wanna try ac:af...

Last edited:
happy home designer is fun, it lacks in depth and acts more like an easy time waster and of course it doesn't compare with the main games but it gave you what it promised; a game where you're able to design houses in a much more advanced level than house designing in the main games...

amiibo festival I haven't played but since I have mario party 10 and I hated it I don't think I ever wanna try ac:af...

Yeah, amiibo Festival was a huge embarrassment for Nintendo when they're the ones who made the N64 classics I love to death. It's also bad to Animal Crossing that even City Folk, the lowest rated game in the series, was more popular than this. It's even more loved than Happy Home Designer when I actually like AC:HHD a lot.

That is why I will not buy Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival. I have heard how shallow HHD is, and I think that amiibos are a waste of money themselves, so buying them for a crappy game is even worse. I will just stick with the main series games and not worry about the spin-offs.

To be honest, I always wondered why there were no Animal Crossing spin offs. I mean, the first Animal Crossing came out in 2002 (?) so that's 13 years till they started making spin offs. I haven't played amiibo festival but I have played HHD and it's a lot of fun in my opinion. I just don't understand why they haven't made an Animal Crossing for Wii U yet and I have kinda lost hope they will make one for Wii U.

Well, they've had apps in between though, first on the DSi, later ported to 3DS, and the Plaza on Wii U, which is now no longer available, but the did get stuff other than the main games. You do realize the only reason ND Cube made Amiibo Festival (yes, they were the ones who made it, not the actual Animal Crossing development team) was to implement amiibo- Kyogoku wanted amiibo, but sheesh, what a bad way to implement them! It was so bad, the sales tanked (many stores are now putting AC figures and cards on clearance!) that they resorted to updating a game turning 4 soon (in Japan) to get people to buy the amiibo! The Wii U is on its final stretch run, its got a low install base, and since console versions of Animal Crossing don't sell well (to get an idea how bad they sell, the spin-off game HHD is about to outsell City Folk, the highest selling console version in the series!), so don't expect a Wii U version beyond AF, or rather Amiibo Cashgrab.

As far as both sucking, you've got to understand they totally are aimed at a VERY specific genre of player, one who has an insane love of Animal Crossing, willing to pay HUNDREDS of dollars for the amiibo/cards, because these games were made just for them- yes, you DO need the cards in HHD if you want all the furniture, because the special characters furniture (ie Isabelle's scooter from Mario Kart) are only unlocked using their cards/figures. It's clear they just wanted to implement amiibo, what Kyogoku later admitted (like that wasn't obvious already with Amiibo Festival), and it got so bad, that not only are stores putting them on clearance, but Nintendo is updating New Leaf to use them in hopes that people will buy them, because their sales are totally tanking! Hence why stores are putting them on clearance, people just aren't buying them.

yeah i actually just sold my copy of amiibo festival recently tbh i only ever wanted it for the k.k. amiibo because i love me some k.k.

I'm not sure if I've previously posted here; but, I will say that I did buy "Happy Home Designer" when it was released in the U.S. in September 2015. What I ended up appreciating the most are the Amiibo Cards. They're beautiful. So, it became more personally satisfying collecting them. As for designing homes, as well as buildings, it eventually became tedious. I think part of that is because I would use the same items for, say, kitchens. I felt there needed to be more choices for refurbishing. (For example, I thought we should have more in the way of cabinetry, especially for the kitchen, that would have allowed for different paint colors. They may have well-represented tastes suitable to individual villager characters.) I haven't played the game in several months. I'm thinking of doing a little bit, coming up, just to get reacquainted. But, just to end this latest comment, I don't hold bad feelings about this at a level similar to that expressed by this thread's OP. Oh, yes! I definitely prefer "New Leaf." But, that game isn't perfect neither. (My No. 1: It needed zoning control for the mayors to determine where houses and buildings could be located. I would have made every house and building movable with exception of the Train Station.)

Last edited:
I kind of feel the same way. It feels to me like they took both games and just stuck the animal crossing name to them, without putting much into the actual games, just to appeal to the am cove animal crossing fanbase.
I own home designer, but I've only played it an handful of times since I've had it. And amibo festival I've played two or three times around my nephews house. Have no plans to get it for myself.
Would prefer them to just incorporate certain aspects into new main animal crossing games, like the house designing ability would be great in a main game.
I'm quite disappointed

This I feel was a let down to animal crossing spin off games I didn't really like HHD but it's better than amiibo party it was just animal crossing mixed with Mario party with wayyyy less minigames, I am very disappointed with the two spin offs :(

I was excited for Amiibo Festival but got bored with the game within a week or so. It's just not good at all. I was mostly excited for the amiibo to be honest.

Here is something interesting I learned about the AC games judging by ratings and sales.

amiibo Festival is not only the worst Animal Crossing game, but it's the first bad game to the series. Every video game franchise has at least one bad game. It was just AC's turn to get one. Before the spin-offs were announced, City Folk was AC's worst game. Even that wasn't considered a bad game. It was already disappointing and frustrating enough, but there's not enough problems to be a bad game or even a mediocre game.

If I had to rank all six games judging by performance, here's how they go by today's standards:

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
3. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
4. Animal Crossing (GameCube)
5. Animal Crossing: City Folk
6. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival

Seeing ACNL at the top is very unsurprising. Before ACNL, I believed that Wild World was the best of the series, not because it's on a handheld device, but it's because of the features and other stuff compared to its predecessor and successor. I know the smaller maps, lack of items, and lack of holidays were bad, but that didn't hinder its gameplay like City Folk's grass deterioration and GC's lack of features Wild World had. Ranking ACHHD and ACGC is debatable. ACHHD was relaxing and the best when it came to interior designing, but it wasn't a full Animal Crossing game while the GameCube version was fun for the time but doesn't hold up because of the many improvements AC went under. So the GC version could rank higher than Happy Home Designer since it's at least a full game, but wouldn't feel as playable as Happy Home Designer. The other two were in their appropriate places. Like mentioned before, City Folk was a disappointment, but it wasn't a bad game. But amiibo Festival is a bad game. If it was more like Mario Party 1 to 3, it would be better, but it's more like Mario Party 9 and 10, which were bad.

Back