amiibo Festival This game sucks Grunkle Stanus's Anus

We've had this a little while and played it a few times as a family... it's really fun as a family and given there are four of us in this house that love AC, it's a really fun addition to our game collection. It is just like any other board game, except for the bonus of being AC related... I can see how it wouldn't be very enthralling playing as a single player, but if you can find a couple of fellow AC friends to play it with, it is actually really good... and the Amiibo are pretty adorable :)

HHD is fun but you can "beat it" pretty quickly. Amiibo Festival looks like the most phoned-in piece of garbage tbh. I love AC but I would not spend 40-50 bucks on that game.

I admit i'm not a huge fan of HHD, however I think it's a good filler until the next main version comes for either the wii u or next gen wii.

You know, I have to agree with you on the board game AC. Happy Home Academy I actually enjoyed, but it doesn't really have replayability. Whereas, Amiibo Festival is just generally boring. A slower, more sterile version of Mario Party isn't a good decision, and as much as I understand that that's the whole vibe of Animal Crossing, it just doesn't work in this environment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's frankly a shame, because I really love the little amiibo figures for this game, but I just can't bring myself to buy them because there isn't enough incentive to. They only work for one game, and that game isn't worth the purchase.

I've had only three "Animal Crossing" games: "City Folk"; "New Leaf"; and "Happy Home Designer."

"New Leaf" is the best.

It makes "City Folk" seem limiting.

With "Happy Home Designer," it makes me grateful it doesn't simulate real-time game-playing; that's because it gets old while you can't really bond with the villager and special characters. (I like the Amiibo Cards.)

I think the next "Animal Crossing" should be a "New Leaf"-like concept where I can have a larger town and can control layout. A town in which I can control where houses may be plotted. A town in which I can control zoning for what are private residencies; businesses; and Public Works Projects. Imagine those Dream Addresses!

Well they are just spinoffs and "new" ideas off the main series so really they shouldn't be too highly thought of imo. I personally enjoyed HHD a lot because I love designing things and such but I can see why people might find that game a bit boring if they didn't like that in the original. And yes both games are moneygrabs but tbh the only Amiibo I have is the K.K one because it looks cool and I loved doing his home.

As for amiibo festival I guess it's the same thing with earning money but I haven't played that so I shouldn't really say too much about it.

I've tried playing this alone lately, and it sucks badly! The minigames aren't too bad alone- well, some of them, but that board game alone, the computer cheats!! How can it not, it's got 3 villagers against one animal!

AMIIBO FESTIVAL IS THE BEST GAEM EVR OMG YU HATRZ SUCK

Nah, I'm kidding. Amiibo fest is the worst game I've ever played.

This game looks adorable and has the Animal Crossing vibe but the gameplay lacks. Plus it is expensive, not worth the price imo. The amiibo are really cute so it is a shame that the only game for them sucks.

I'm not gonna lie I also dislike both games. I really do wish they made a new AC game for wii U instead of spin offs , though I think amiibo festival being the worst spinoff of the 2 games because it's literally a copy of a mario party. I remember everybody's reaction from E3 when they had the video of isabel walking out of the train station and for a second people were like "cool a HD version of New le- wait why... what? why are spots all over the ma- ohhhh nooooo...... a board game....well can't wait to play this mario party clone....oh wait imma go back to new leaf never mind screw amiibo festival" and that in a nutshell is what people probably thought when they showed the very first announcement video of the game.

I really liked it when I first got it but everytime my cousin came over she begged to play it so now its really old on me because you can only do a limited number of things. This wouldn't have been a problem if it was just a normal AC game but whatever.

i think they were just meant to keep fans occupied before the next big release. they come out every 4 years or so, and it makes sense for the next big one to be next year. it would be different if they used amiibo festival in place of a main series release. i kinda hope they find another use for their amiibos though. theyre too cute to go to waste.

Hey at least it's not as bad as Ride To Hell Retribution lol...
Animal Crossing will do what it wants to do and I heard it's getting a mobile game... When I heard that... I gave up on the series and I won't be getting the next game on a mobile phone.

Last edited:
I believe HHD is mediocre but I don't agree with Amiibo Festival. That game is far below mediocre, it's an absolute train wreck.

Back