Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This game sucks Grunkle Stanus's Anus

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    2234-7774-5069
    NN ID
    Huntaveli
    Happy Home Designer doesn't need amiibo cards to play properly, you get random villagers as you progress. Amiibo cards are just for if you want specific villagers right then and there.

Amiibo Festival only requires one amiibo to play, and it's bundled with two, as well as three amiibo cards. All players without amiibo are allowed to play as villagers.

In the two amiibo games they have, the extra amiibo are optional and not necessary to play the game.

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    0104-2976-7555
    Items: Tasty Cake
Gift received at 02-23-2016, 05:42 PM from Plupap
Message: Sorry! Quillson seems to have moved out! I hope this is okay as compensation.Tasty CakePear (Fruit)
Gift received at 01-27-2016, 03:53 PM from DelishushYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-13-2015, 07:01 AM from gyro
    To be honest, HHD wasn't that bad at first. After you do a few homes, though, it starts to get more and more boring.
    Amiibo Festival is a disgrace, in my opinion.
    Last edited by MapleLeafKangaroos; 01-05-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Sweetbuns r yum (。’▽’。)♡ Orieii's Avatar
    Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    1375-8308-8316
    Items: 
Gift received at 12-16-2016, 05:25 AM from RedTropicalFish
Gift received at 06-19-2015, 12:32 PM from RedTropicalFish
Gift received at 06-19-2015, 12:31 PM from RedTropicalFish
Gift received at 10-30-2013, 07:05 PM from RedTropicalFish
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeafKangaroos View Post
    To be honest, HHD wasn't that bad at first. After you do a few homes, though, it starts to get more and more boring.
    Amiibo Festival is a disgrace, in my opinion.
    ^ Basically this. I agree :/
    I'm glad I never purchased AF and HHD becomes repetitive real quick.. though designing the buildings were fun ♡

IMO Nintendo didn't even need to create any spin-offs of AC. Nobody even really asked for them. The fanbase was pretty calm and chill until this <.< Now everyone is demanding an AC WiiU game (which I have no complaints for).

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    1693-3538-5510
    Items: Winter Mittens
Gift received at 12-21-2015, 06:45 PM from Nyx81
    Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with HHD if they didn't price it like a full game. I feel bad for kids who might not read up on what's coming out, see a new AC game on the shelf, and buy it thinking they're getting a full game.

I don't know anything about AF because I know a cash cow when I see one so I haven't bothered with it.

*shrugs* Idk, I don't see the point in paying $35-45 for filler content. If spin offs were priced like spin offs then "yay, new content!" would be a valid enough reason to be happy about it, but a mini game priced as a full is reason enough to snark IMO.
    I absolutely agree. When word first got out about Happy Home Designer, I thought it was going to be DLC or something (which would have been pretty sweet imo, if they could have worked that out) and... it turns out that DLC is exactly what it feels like, to me. For that price, that's ridiculous; it would have been fine if it was half the price of full games, but it (and Amiibo Festival, let's be real) just feels like a money-grab at this point. No thank you.
    Desperately searching for:
    Sylvana, Tasha, Hopkins, Murphy, and... Sheldon (lol)

º Please VM/PM me if you need me to see something, I rarely follow up on threads º

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    4854-7619-4662
    Items: Easter EggSakura Easter EggDark Easter EggTasty Cake
Gift received at 11-20-2015, 09:50 PM from Universaljellyfish
    My problem with AC spin offs is mostly that there's so few main games and so to me it seems that AC has always had very solid games released with reasonable distance between them. None of them seem to have been rushed/released just for cashgrab/released to keep interest. And now we suddenly have 2 spin offs released within half a year, one that is fair enough and one that is just bad. So yeah, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. Wouldn't have been so bad if the spin offs were good, but eh, neither of them are all that good at all, certainly not worth the price they ask for them.
    Last edited by Feli; 01-06-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    5215-2997-7680
    NN ID
    MechaPikachuBot
    Items: FleaMintLoboWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-22-2015, 08:11 PM from Javocado
Gift received at 12-18-2015, 12:50 PM from Gracelia
Gift received at 12-14-2015, 12:20 AM from Jacob
Message: HoHoHo!Pear (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)
    pls take your annoying whining elsewhere pls and ty <3
    Last edited by JellyDitto; 01-06-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks to murray for the sig(s)

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    1693-3538-5510
    Items: Winter Mittens
Gift received at 12-21-2015, 06:45 PM from Nyx81
    nah I'm good right here tbh
    Desperately searching for:
    Sylvana, Tasha, Hopkins, Murphy, and... Sheldon (lol)

º Please VM/PM me if you need me to see something, I rarely follow up on threads º

Bells
    Eggs
    3DS
    4527-7867-6267
    Items: Yellow Candy
Gift received at 10-27-2015, 06:27 PM from Shimmer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 12:46 AM from Mango
Message: the last collectible ill ever send.... enjoy <3Cake
    It's just a few small and decently entertaining games. I think you're taking it a little seriously, so I'd tone down the expectations. If you hate them so much, you'd probably be better off opting out of purchasing them and waiting for later titles.

I can guarantee there will be bigger games for the series in the future, but this is better than nothing. It's content and content is good.

Bells
    Eggs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    It's just a few small and decently entertaining games. I think you're taking it a little seriously, so I'd tone down the expectations. If you hate them so much, you'd probably be better off opting out of purchasing them and waiting for later titles.

I can guarantee there will be bigger games for the series in the future, but this is better than nothing. It's content and content is good.
    i agree with you. i haven't bought the board game yet, but i did buy hhd. it's a decent game and tons of fun when i don't have a lot of time to really do anything. i've clocked about 200 hours into it and still enjoying it at least a bit. for $40 that is totally worth it to me and then some.

Bells
    Eggs
    Items: Yellow TulipWhite TulipRed TulipTasty Cake
Gift received at 11-22-2015, 06:57 PM from OmgItsAbigail
Message: Here Ya Go! Enjoy your horrible, Tasty cake, stares at cake like is about to kill it, underneath says "You are not tasty.."
    I'm happy to have more AC related games, I love this series so much I even registered on a game-related forum.

Happy Home Designer might not have content to be played 4hr+ a day, but enjoying building 1-2 houses a day for over a year is very much worth it.

Amiibo Festival is a really fun board game where you play the life of NPCs with your friends and family. Really adorable to play with kids (at heart, too).