• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✮ 1/1 . R E S E T ? ✮

RainCrossing

Bells
Hi there! ヾ(☆▽☆
I really do want to reset my town on the first or January but I have many villagers I have to cycle out, so I have some questions.

*Is this challenge about resetting your game in the first day of the year or arriving in your town on the first day of the year.

*Can someone please explain the whole challenge to me? :c

Pretty much. You reset your town and begin playing on the first of January.

I'm doing it for a whole year. I'll be starting on January 1st, and it will end on January 1st.

I believe the rules of the 1 year challenge are:

-You must have the town for a year and not reset (duh)
-You cannot time travel
-You cannot plot reset
-You cannot use any sort of hacking (duping included)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the rules of the 1 year challenge are:

-You must have the town for a year and not reset (duh)
-You cannot time travel
-You cannot plot reset
-You cannot use any sort of hacking (duping included)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought you could plot reset though?
Atleast, I'm going to hahah XD

The thing is you can't do the challenge anymore if you time travel and plot reset. The idea of the challenge is seeing how your town grows in those 366 days. If you time travel, it will be more (or less) than that. Do whatever you want though, it's your game. It's just that the concept of the challenge will be lost.

The thing is you can't do the challenge anymore if you time travel and plot reset. The idea of the challenge is seeing how your town grows in those 366 days. If you time travel, it will be more (or less) than that. Do whatever you want though, it's your game. It's just that the concept of the challenge will be lost.
I agree with not TTing, but I don't see a thing wrong with plot resetting if you're allowed to reset as much as you want for your ideal map

I agree with not TTing, but I don't see a thing wrong with plot resetting if you're allowed to reset as much as you want for your ideal map

That kinda confuses me too. The point of the challenge is to do it 100% "legitimate" and not do anything that could be considered "cheating" (although I don't think of TTing and the like as cheating). Maybe because when picking the town you haven't officially started the town yet?

This sounds fun but I started playing just a few days ago but my OCD is telling me that I should restart on the 1/1 LOL. I might go buy another ACNL cart and start a second town for this challenge.

Off topic: BTW RainCrossing, are you by any chance Vietnamese?

This sounds fun but I started playing just a few days ago but my OCD is telling me that I should restart on the 1/1 LOL. I might go buy another ACNL cart and start a second town for this challenge.

Off topic: BTW RainCrossing, are you by any chance Vietnamese?

I am Vietnamese :)

Back