• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why is it so hard to find good maps with private beaches???

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
I mean, seriously! I'm sure I'm just being too picky, but still...

- south-facing waterfall
- private beach on the south part of map with enough privacy and space to plot my house
- pears as native fruit (and yes, I agree they are fugly, but they're the only native fruit I'm missing and I want a perma supply of all perfect fruits)
- enough space on both sides of the town hall to place the police station and caf?

And I just have a sinking suspicion that I'll be map-resetting for DAYS and still not get what I'm looking for...

I have multiple towns and the more towns you have the more you have to reset to get something different.
Hence for you I presume you will only accept a town with pears as the native fruit.

Pears I would make an essential and the other things I would at least consider compromising on.
I never had a problem on private beaches, often got those on a reset, my issue was trying to get a R-Tail near to the dock or mid town and a clear route between the two.

I have always had to compromise, mainly because I didn't want to spend too long resetting (my last town probably around 50 times, but the others a lot less). And its worked out because I got to like features I thought I wouldn't.
I tried to pick towns with different layouts/main buildings rather than going for what I thought I liked best.
I did get duplicate villagers, a pain, but I put up with as they can be moved out later.

The more things you want, the longer it will take to find them. :( Sometimes you might have to settle for something less than "perfect." I mean, I think you should go for the most important things, but don't worry as much about the fruit. You can buy baskets of perfect pears from people here. In my newest town, that I restarted yet again on December 25, I chose a town with oranges (when I would have preferred apples or peaches) and square grass (when I was hoping for circles). Those are very small things that don't bother me too much because I like everything else.

I agree with the others. Figure out what is the two most important things on that list and then go with that. Also, I always like to walk around on the maps because sometimes I forget just how much space is around areas. I'm sure you'll find something soon.

Also, and this isn't meant to be insulting or bragging at all, I managed to find all those things (minus the pears) you're looking for on only my 2nd map reset. So it's totally possible

I feel ya. Took me ages to find a good map, and I know I'd get so frustrated if I had to reset for something so specific. I feel so bad for you :(

Back