Yet another "help me choose where to put campsite" thread ...

Chrystina

07.09 💜
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5319-6446-3794
Final Boss Feather
White Feather
Pink Feather
Green Feather
Blue Feather
森
ぶ
つ
う
ど
I'm sure there's like a billion of these so I apologize in advance but in my previous town I put it in a horrible spot and I don't want to make the same mistake again. I have a basic idea of how I want it but I would love opinions, ideas, anything. Please & Ty in advance !

View attachment 160363View attachment 160364

(Please ignore hideous hairstyle, new town and no shampoodles D: )

So where I am standing is the same in both pictures. I like the idea of having the campsite next to a pond, and figure I can just hide the rock behind me.
Problem im having is I wanted to plant cedar trees around it (both sides), and have a fire pit, camping cot, etc next to it and there won't be enough room. & there's that other pond a little ways down. I also wanted to maybe put it next to that pond south of where I'm standing, but then it's directly behind the town hall...

Then again it doesn't even have to be where I am, I thought maybe putting it in my residential area, alllll the way north .... But idk.

Very much appreciate any help !! :]

there's definitely not enough room to place all of those things close by each other with a pond :( . Are you in love with the idea of placing those pwps together? If so, I'd choose a larger area (possibly down a little from where you're standing or wayyy over there to the right unless you're planning to put something else there.)

just in case you didn't know, pine trees can only be planted on the northern (top) part of your town (so above your river) so if those are a must, don't put the campsite on the south side ;)

personally, I like the area where you're standing, but there isnt much room for other pwps. it all depends on what decorations you want around it (I'm with you on the firepit and cot, those are good matching pwps for it) ;)

i will give you a haircut at my town at you want... but right now im playing Tomo with a friend
That would be awesome! Vm me whenever you can :)
there's definitely not enough room to place all of those things close by each other with a pond :( . Are you in love with the idea of placing those pwps together? If so, I'd choose a larger area (possibly down a little from where you're standing or wayyy over there to the right unless you're planning to put something else there.)

just in case you didn't know, pine trees can only be planted on the northern (top) part of your town (so above your river) so if those are a must, don't put the campsite on the south side ;)

personally, I like the area where you're standing, but there isnt much room for other pwps. it all depends on what decorations you want around it (I'm with you on the firepit and cot, those are good matching pwps for it) ;)

Ah yeah I definitely need it north for the cedar trees. (Or else I would've loved to put it right off the cliff facing ocean ). I definitely do want the decorations so yeah possibly to the right and north.the idea of a campsite and residential area together seem hmm idk not so great to me ? That's what's keeping me from putting it there but yeah like you said it's pretty much the only spot if I want the other pwps surrounding it ... Thanks for the input ! :)

I would plot it where you are now, then just south I would place the camping cot and campfire. Then to the east of that I would plant the cedar tree grove and have the picnic blanket PWP somewhere in there.

Maybe you could put it next to the pond down from the plaza where that villager's house is (unless you like that villager), or maybe directly under the pond? There's more space around the area. Can the cedars still grow there?

Well, there's a nice open space to the east of the station. Are you planning to put anything there?
I think it would be nice around that area, right at the top of the map near the station.

- - - Post Merge - - -

XWZXq0Ph.jpg

About around where I circled, maybe a bit lower since I know the campsite can't be touching the tracks.

Ah all these ideas are great thanks ! I definitely plan to move out that villager (ever since rover first showed me the map) so if he moves soon that would be fantastic and ill put it there. If not I think to the right of the entrance is my best bet .. Ty everyone :]

You could always place bushes around the campsite AND the pond, to cut it off as a 'campsite section', then include the PWP's the other side of the pond/below the campsite? Or maybe place the campsite below the pond, then put the PWP's next to it..? Just ideas :)

I would plot it where you are now, then just south I would place the camping cot and campfire. Then to the east of that I would plant the cedar tree grove and have the picnic blanket PWP somewhere in there.

You could always place bushes around the campsite AND the pond, to cut it off as a 'campsite section', then include the PWP's the other side of the pond/below the campsite? Or maybe place the campsite below the pond, then put the PWP's next to it..? Just ideas :)
Oooh I like these ideas combined. In my previous town I did have the pwps south of it and didn't really like it but if I put the bushes next to the pond to include it that would definitely tie it all in together. Ah XD hardest acnl decision ever !

I personally don't like the campsite near the train tracks because it looks unnatural. I'd put it north of your house just past the river provided you are not going to build a bridge there (the house may already be stopping you from building a bridge there anyway). I don't know how important the nearby villager is, but if you are going to move him/her out, then I'd put it there.

I have a whole campsite area in my town. I'll let you visit if you want to for ideas / inspiration.

Last edited:
I personally don't like the campsite near the train tracks because it looks unnatural. I'd put it north of your house just past the river provided you are not going to build a bridge there (the house may already be stopping you from building a bridge there anyway). I don't know how important the nearby villager is, but if you are going to move him/her out, then I'd put it there.

I have a whole campsite area in my town. I'll let you visit if you want to for ideas / inspiration.

Yes that's the 2nd villager I plan to move out. The only ones staying are the ones to the right and the two by the river(north of my house) and that would be awesome ! Do you have a dream address ?

Edit: ah I read the first part wrong, that villager I do intend to keep, Mira, my favorite uchi but I could always put it further north and just put bushes to block off her house from the campsite ... And not too north so it's next to train tracks ( I also dont like the idea of having a campsite too close to the tracks )

Last edited:
Yes that's the 2nd villager I plan to move out. The only ones staying are the ones to the right and the two by the river(north of my house) and that would be awesome ! Do you have a dream address ?

Edit: ah I read the first part wrong, that villager I do intend to keep, Mira, my favorite uchi but I could always put it further north and just put bushes to block off her house from the campsite ... And not too north so it's next to train tracks ( I also dont like the idea of having a campsite too close to the tracks )

I haven't uploaded my town yet because it's a work in progress, but I could upload it for you so you could look at that part.

Edit: I uploaded it. It's 5700-6212-3465. It's a little messy, but the campsite area is clean.

Last edited:
Thanks so much ! Your town is amazing btw. I love how the whole bottom is dedicated to residents. And your campsite area was pretty much what I had visioned for mine to be like. I think I will go for this spot
and just put a path under where I'm standing to connect the residents houses and place cedar trees between Mira's house and the campsite (where I'm standing) to block it off.

Woohooo now I'm pretty excited to get this started :D

Back