• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival To those who dislike this game

So rather than sell the game he hates, he decides to destory it and mess up his appliances? That was incredibly stupid!

umm.........there really isn't anything to say but that he is so stupid for doing that.

So sad you guys don't know what entertainment means....

- - - Post Merge - - -

But yeah its a insult

- - - Post Merge - - -

But yeah its a insult

He is only making a fool out of himself and he seem so much older for his age to be acting in such a childish way. Burning a game? Pfffff...why not burning his own pocket instead of the game?

I saw the thumbnail on YouTube, I just thought it was very dumb to burn a game simply because he didn't like the game. But what I don't get is why people hate the game at all, in my opinion it is adorable. Nintendo is trying new things with animal crossing and I for one will support them where ever they take the series.

The way I see it is...
If you don't like something, that's fine, but this seems a tad excessive. Isabelle and Digby are already difficult to find currently with them being game exclusives, so destroying them along with the game is kind of stupid. I don't know, I don't care that he dislikes the game (that's his opinion), but destroying it is a really negative message to give. Just say you didn't like the game and give it to someone who will.

Man, I'm getting old. I just don't see why kids think they're funny if the destroy things.

Poor amiibos.

This is my view on it.

Plus, he could have sold it and the amiibos and got quite a bit of cash for it.

Pointless and stupid. Even if you hate it, don't play it. They sell 3 packs of cards (outside America), and the very Isabelle and Digby amiibo alone (Japan already, likely outside Japan later on), making the $60 combo a lot cheaper since you can buy everything else individually, so sure, buy the combo and destroy it because you hate one aspect of the game, that makes a lot of sense! He never tried any of the mini-games obviously, and instantly hated it because of the board game. Had he played it more, he would have enjoyed other aspects of it. It's a great game, especially with others, the chance of the spots you land on, the strategy you try to employ with the turnips, etc, etc makes every game different. One may win once, but never win again. Play it with others, it's the first in the series where you can play together on the same system, instead of multiple systems, and I actually enjoy it.

I just love how the response to this game was "I HATE IT IT MUST BE DESTROYED GRR" /s

But honestly? I'm going to be frank here because it's a point I don't see anyone bringing up: Amiibos are Nintendo's way of getting into a TOY market (toys that have game functionality). Amiibos, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity, while having video game functionality, are consitered a toy. Amiibos are Nintendo's way of bringing little children who love toys (and might have never really been interested in a video game otherwise) into loving video games and buying Nintendo product. Of course, it had the unintended but ultimately good side effect (monetarily speaking) of getting long time Nintendo fans excited and created a huge hype for these toys, but I think we all have lost sight of the fact that Amiibos are Nintendo's way of getting the little children who love Skylanders/Disney Infinity toys to ask their moms and dads to drop money on Nintendo instead.

Skylanders and Disney Infinity are simple games meant for little children to be able to pick up and play relatively easy, and games like Amiibo Festival, Happy Home Designer, and in a sense the amiibo functionality in Super Smash Brothers 4 fill the role of an easy game a child could pick up and have fun with casually.

tl;dr: Amiibo festival is meant to be simple for little kids to play. This game isn't directed mainly towards older folks (Like, for example, Zelda Wii U or Zenoblade Chronicles X) but instead meant to draw new kids into loving Nintendo. And be honest: we played some crudtacular games back in the day when we were kids and didn't realize it until we grew up.

Last edited:
Wow.. Just wow. Very childish, in my opinion. He could've donated the game, so some children could play it and actually ENJOY it. He could've just kept the amiibos, or sold them. His house probably smelled like burning plastic for a month. He probably ruined that waffle iron, and he could've just-I don't know. TAKEN THEM BACK?! Geez. I do believe that in total, all of that would've costed a lot of money.
But I do, however, agree that the game itself is boring. Literally nothing to do, and as he said, plays itself. No need for destruction there, though.

The guy who created the video in OP's post has literally negative charisma. He stretched a minute of content into a ten minute video just by repeating "YOU JUST TAP AN AMIIBO" over and over and over and needlessly destroying stuff.

Is this what people find to be entertaining?

he destroyed over $40 worth of merchandise and possibly some appliances...
starving children could have eaten those

If you had taken sixty dollars and burned it, it would be the same thing.
I highly doubt this guy would burn sixty dollars.
But he burned this, worth sixty dollars.

Back