• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

About to restart my 2 towns...

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Bells
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So I kind of want to restart my 2 towns because I got most of my dreamies in both of them but then I took a VERY long hiatus and mostly everyone moved out of them... I think my Halloween town might be salvageable because there are lots of black/costumed villagers I can choose from to replace the ones who moved and they didn't mangle my town too badly... but my girly pink town I lost like 3 dreamies that we're super important to me, and then a couple uggos moved on all my paths and landscaping and I was just wrecked by it, so I know FOR SURE I am going to restart one of my towns but I might do both of them just because I lost a couple Halloween babies I really liked...

So I wanted to get a few opinions from people:
-Should I restart one or both of them?
-What should I re-do them as, what are fun themes?
-Should I save all of my good items from these towns or try to re-start completely?
-Is it better to plot reset or let villagers plot where they want?

Aww that's unfortunate, it's similar to why I will reset soon aswell ;-;. But they are just villagers, but once they move out it will be a long time before they come back in again! I would restart if I were you, so I'll fill this form out in my perspective:

Should I restart one town or both towns? Both, if you are truly unhappy then restart of course! You have really great themes b the way!

What should I redo them as? What are fun themes? I really like and Autumn / Haloween themed town and a girly town aswell. If you want to change, there are fun and great themes like: Forest, Rainbow, All Pink, All [colour], Pastel, Winter, etc.

Should I try to keep my good items or restart completely? You should sell all your items and villagers for extra profit. It's really satisfying when you obtain the items again!

Is it better to plot reset or let villagers move wherever they want? Plot reset! However, give yourself three weeks or more before you buy any dreamies so you can decide where you are truly happy where each of your 10 dreamies will go. Villagers can't be 1 space next to eachother and must have a 1x1 border next to the house.

Good luck if you decide to reset! ◕ ◡ ◕
I hope you find a great map!

So I wouldn't restart. And let me tell you why;

- you've worked really hard on these towns
- really the only complaint that you seem to have is that some villagers have moved out and some that you don't like have moved in. You can cycle them out if you really want to and then go through the 16 villager cycle.
- you haven't complained about your maps or landscaping or anything else, I think restarting will mean that you will really struggle to find a map you like seeing as you seem to not be bothered by that

So with that in mind;

Should I restart one town or both towns? Neither. Work with it, relandscape and cycle out who you don't want.
What should I redo them as? What are fun themes? Truthfully, even if you do restart, it's not for me to say how you should redo them. I feel like themed towns are a bit overrated at the moment - everyone seems to want to do it. If you were to restart I would recommend you play it slow and take it day by day and then see what naturally evolves from your town.
Should I try to keep my good items or restart completely? If you restart then I think you should totally restart. You won't get the same satisfaction from keeping items IMO
Is it better to plot reset or let villagers move wherever they want? This is really something very personal. Personally I don't like to plot reset. I feel like having my villagers move wherever they want keeps me on my toes and keeps me interested and thinking.

Building a town takes a lot of time and work, so I'd only restart one for now. I think doing two at once might be a bit overwhelming. Leave the Halloween town alone while you work on the other town. (You can always decide on that one later.) I don't have opinions on themes because I don't do them myself.

I don't have any opinions on whether or not to restart, but if you restart and want to keep some of your items (I'd definitely keep things that are not reorderable), you could transfer them to town A, restart town B, transfer items to town B, then restart town A.

Back