• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

This is really getting on my nerves

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I'm trying to complete my catalogue, so every day after I finish buying all the items I don't have from the stores, I go to the Happy Home place behind Digby. The fact that you can only order five items a day bothers me so much. There are a decent amount of houses in my plaza area, and a lot of them have furniture I don't have. I wish you could order as many items as you wanted. Seriously, though. Why is there even a limit? It's such a pain and it's really annoying!

I suppose that they don't want you to completely copy other people's houses so it encourages individuality, but I agree, it is really dumb.

I don't know if this is an option for you or not, but I've seen people in re-tail and on the TBT marketplace that will let you visit and catalog everything they have. I've gotten lots of full sets and things I don't have from people, and often they'll even let you do so for free as long as you don't keep anything and put it back where it was.

just use your alt characters to order another 5 things each. and/or time travel to receive 5 and place another order for 5...

I understand your frustration, but I think the idea is to help keep it a challenge. My university is a really street pass heavy school so I get tons of street passes. I could probably complete most sets really fast as a result. I think that's what the creators were trying to avoid. Before, completing a set was always a challenge that I never once overcame in population growing, wild world, or city folk. With the HHA its pathetically easy if you live in a street pass heavy area so I think they wanted to keep it difficult/have you need to interact with other people to complete sets. Hang in there!

I suppose that they don't want you to completely copy other people's houses so it encourages individuality, but I agree, it is really dumb.

I think this is exactly right - it's about encouraging you to customise your space to your own liking. I don't think that Nintendo ever thought people would want to take a whole set from a Showhouse :)

Like most every aspect of ACNL it's a hurry up and wait game. Perhaps, the developers didn't want us to purchase to many items at one time because it would take less time to finish your catalog. Adding a limit to the number of items you can buy extends the game play.

I guess they want to make you feel as if you're ordering items at a premium, 5 per day. A lot of people hold cataloguing events and some people will let you pick up items for a lower price than actually purchasing them. Just a tip.

Back