amiibo Festival I love this game!

MayorEddie

Keep it Classy!
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I had pre-ordered this game and Gamestop didn't exactly know when it was gonna come out, so I didn't get it the day it came out, because they said 2016...and yet it came out a week after they told me that. Anyway, I got the game, Tom Nook amiibo, and I'm getting Mabel for Christmas..I've been playing it alone, so I can get used to it, and I have to say, even playing alone with 2 amiibos is alot of fun. I like how as you play, you unlock new clothing, and you gain the ability to customize your gameboard with different villagers using the amiibo cards and add little areas of interest to it as well. The mini-games are alot of fun, especially Desert-Island escape. I honestly think it could be it's own game if expanded upon.

I don't get the negativity that this game got. I mean sure, most people play games nowadays for visceral combat or shooting, but not all of us. I can't wait to take this game to my grandparents house on Christmas and play with my family. This game is casual, fun, relaxing, and very adorable. I just hope I can get the Rover amiibo when it comes out...

I also don't get the hate for AF. It's actually a pretty cute game! The only annoying part about it is having to use the amiibos to roll the dice. An online feature would be wonderful so here's hoping Nintendo adds one. It'd make the board game or other mini games really interesting.

It's not bad as everyone thinks it is. Ah well. ^^;

I love it too!
I find it to be soothing, and playing it just makes me happy.
Everything is just adorable in it!

The best part of this game is seeing the clues on what they will do with the mainline Animal Crossing on Wii U.
Once people sidestep the disinformation campaign put upon this game, they'll be able to see what you & I see about amiibo Festival.

In fact, I'm about to play it right now. Excuse me one second.
John Lucas

I also don't get the hate for AF. It's actually a pretty cute game! The only annoying part about it is having to use the amiibos to roll the dice. An online feature would be wonderful so here's hoping Nintendo adds one. It'd make the board game or other mini games really interesting.

It's not bad as everyone thinks it is. Ah well. ^^;

I think a LOT of the hatred comes from the fact that it's not only right off the heals of Happy Home Designer (people seem to be more willing to accept that), it's that it's on Wii U with no other Animal Crossing console game for Wii U. If New Leaf had been a Wii U game, I'm doubtful AF would be as hated as it is. It also didn't help the way they showed it off at E3. First, the AC amiibo were leaked like a day or so before,then when they're showed in the video, a LOT of people went from surprise, and anticipation to automatic hatred. They're not giving it a true chance. Personally, I like both the board game aspect AND Desert Island Escape. I could play both for hours on end- in fact I have!! I use 2 amiibo to pit them against each other, always Isabelle vs Digby, then I simply sit back, and root for one of them, sometimes they win, sometimes they don't, but I have fun with it. How does that line go? Haters gonna hate, hate, hate! It doesn't matter though if they hate it, they don't have to play it, while they're skipping out on it, I'm going to have my fun playing it!

Hey I agree that this isn't as bad as others say it is but I do however think the Desert Island Escape minigame is more fun than the "main" board game part xD The board game is still cute and fun though!

Last edited:
I find it to be fun. The visuals are great, the scenarios when you land on a space are cute, some of the mini games are really enjoyable.

Really, the main reason I feel people hate the game is because they're salty we didn't get Animal Crossing Wii U.
So anything that isn't AC Wii U is bad.

What the greedy fanbase refuses to accept is that it doesn't take two years to make a full Animal Crossing game. They could be adding so many great new features to the game we want and that takes a lot of time. All the dialouge the NPCs and villagers have, all the clothing designs, how all the features of the game work... That takes a lot of time. "Good things come to those who wait."
ACHHD and ACAF were made to keep us busy. We could have nothing right now. We might not be able to collect cute AC Amiibo for the next few years AC Wii U is being developed, or AC NX, there's no way to know. The main games might not have Amiibo functionality at all, since I see no use for it. But if Nintendo comes up with a genius way to incorporate it into the next main game, again, that takes time.

I do know there are many more reasons people dislike ACAF which I can understand, too much RNG, repetitiveness, etc., but I feel the saltiness that this isn't a main game is why many people just say "oh yeah this game is bad." And it's a shame too, because who knows, you might actually enjoy the game.

There's a lot of unnecessary saltiness, but the game is just for the sake of selling amiibos. Nintendo is supposed to be setting good practices and innovations. Even in Happy Home Designer, the animals refer to Amibo cards like it's an ad. It may be enjoyable, but it's far from quality. Kudos to the people who gave this and HHD a chance, though. Kudos to Nintendo for trying something new.

A lot of people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to quality, but also what it takes to obtain quality in a video game. This is the uproot of whiny and spoiled fanatics and the misinformed fanatics.

mm im kind of on edge whether i wanna buy it tbh?? like it seems cool but
the amiibos
so expensive man
so expensive

Back