• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

So today I attempted to get through Chapter 9 but got stuck on the big fight with the Skells. Probably the most intense battle I've fought thus far.

WVW69izibAw9uFBHW6

I hate Sylvalum.

WVW69izic7EWV7Cb7v

Everyone died right at the end and my Skell was almost dead so I had to go in on foot. I lost. He had no health left and I lost.​

I swear we fought for at least a half hour. I failed once so the difficulty lowered and I had scouted a lv 60 but we still lost. Elma kept dying so the scout had to keep reviving her. Oddly enough the scout went down so easy with 6k health so idk what that tells me about later levels.
Oh well, it was a fun battle and I leveled up from those I did defeat so I guess I'll just keep trying.

Still not sure if i should get this game >u<

I would definitely recommend it. Massive worlds and endless missions will keep you busy for weeks. I'm having so much fun with it. Read up on stuff first before you get it though, there's a lot I wish I knew when I first started playing.

So today I attempted to get through Chapter 9 but got stuck on the big fight with the Skells. Probably the most intense battle I've fought thus far.

WVW69izibAw9uFBHW6

I hate Sylvalum.

WVW69izic7EWV7Cb7v

Everyone died right at the end and my Skell was almost dead so I had to go in on foot. I lost. He had no health left and I lost.​

I swear we fought for at least a half hour. I failed once so the difficulty lowered and I had scouted a lv 60 but we still lost. Elma kept dying so the scout had to keep reviving her. Oddly enough the scout went down so easy with 6k health so idk what that tells me about later levels.
Oh well, it was a fun battle and I leveled up from those I did defeat so I guess I'll just keep trying.

I would definitely recommend it. Massive worlds and endless missions will keep you busy for weeks. I'm having so much fun with it. Read up on stuff first before you get it though, there's a lot I wish I knew when I first started playing.

I will check it out then! Does it have any kind of online functionality? Because i really want more games like that, i currently only have Splatoon, Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 as online games.

I will check it out then! Does it have any kind of online functionality? Because i really want more games like that, i currently only have Splatoon, Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 as online games.

Yep! It's kinda confusing so I'll explain it as well as I can.
After playing the first 3 or 4 chapters, you get the ability to join squads. These squads can have up to 32 people. Every hour, the squad gets a lost of 5 things, this can be enemies to kill or collectibles to collect. You aren't forced to do these missions though so don't worry about it, it's more of something you can do if you have time. You also aren't physically playing with other squad members, as in you won't be able to see any of them running around in your game. After you check at least 1 item off the list, you gain access to Squad missions. This is where you and 3 other people (or less. You can do it alone if you're like that as well.) Join up and do a normal mission together. These are really fun. :p The more items you check off the hourly list, the more and more difficult the challenges are. There's also a live chat in squads, but it's not that great since messages con only have 48 characters max for some reason. :/

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't know you could play as other characters.

geez it's been a long time since I posted here and I've come a long way in this game, I've gone from this.

WVW69ioRFz8oMGW75X

WVW69ioRSgc1GitdJa

WVW69ioRju8sHt7T7d

WVW69iooFn0TYhFWR9

WVW69ipkA84lvaloF2

To this

WVW69iwKC-cpgERZH2

WVW69isYoMcsdh4hQ8

WVW69iwBDCQq38pBzC

WVW69ixSWP8A-zBF3k

WVW69izXYf0lXgQP82

WVW69i0UsEU7ZrTu4X

WVW69i4jtSQQzPIlX0

WVW69i4kBrsjTsdb0P

WVW69i4kKD4XAJxB68

Man I love this game, all that's left now is to do all the board missions and then I've completed the game.

After playing this game non-stop for over 200 hours, I've pretty much done all the missions and most of the board missions... now all that's left is affinity missions... which I've done most of.

I also still need to recruit Mia but I'm too afraid to just wander around Cauldros looking for stuff. >->

Cauldros is amazing and horrifying. I love wandering around in that place, but I'm always on edge too, especially in the air.

Out of curiosity, what's people's favorite class? I still need to try most of them.

I've taken a break from this game, my Wii U says it's been almost a month. I I only have a bit over 100 hours put in. ;_;

Mastermind is the only class I've used for pretty much the entire game. Even when I switch to a different class to level it up, I still keep my Raygun and Knife. :p I did try out the Photon Saber once, it seems fun to use but I only had 1 or 2 arts for it, so I'll try it again later when I have more arts.

Last edited:
I spent 80% of the game as a Full Metal Jaguar before realizing I'd be better off with another class since Elma could take care of that. I just recently hit rank 10 of Duelist and I'm currently working my way through Enforcer. I'm really just working through for skills I want though, my go-to weapons are the longsword and dual guns since they have my favorite arts.

On that note, I really want to get Ghost Factory but I doubt I'll ever be able to complete that affinity mission. >->

Cauldros is amazing and horrifying. I love wandering around in that place, but I'm always on edge too, especially in the air.

Sylvalum is way more terrifying imo. Things that pop up out of nowhere and all those zigs stationed in random places. I'm deathly afraid of those Xe-doms too. Had to fight one for a mission and one hit left my lv 50 Skell with only 64 HP o-o

Full Metal Jaguar is so fun!

But since I maxed it out, I figured I would try other things. I really want to try Galactic Knight just for the name alone.

Out of curiosity, what's people's favorite class? I still need to try most of them.

For it's a tie between Astral Crusader and Galactic Knight, I love them both cause of their weapons (Lances, Sniper Rifles, Beam Sabers and F***'N BEAM FUNNELS!), play styles and their arts dish out a lot of damage especially in my infinite overdrive builds.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of maxing out every class right now. It's kind of hilarious how fast it goes. Currently working on "Duelist".

I'm going to have a difficult time choosing what weapons I want... So many cool options to choose from.

Well I recruited Mia finally. I'm happy she's high level to start so she can just slide right in.

Now time to work on getting the Ares 90...

Got the game a few days ago and it's great! It really captures the sense adventure. I also like how basically everything is bigger than you are. :eek:

I've got a few relevant things to say about the game, so I bumped this thread.

First off, the BLADE report feature is disabled since Miiverse ended on November 7th. Aside of an achievement that's tied with the now-inaccessible service, I haven't played enough of the game to tell exactly how this'll impact the experience.

Second, Monolith Soft president has recently expressed interest on porting Xenoblade Chronicles X to Nintendo Switch. Not much else to say about, but I figured this'll please quite a number of player.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-president-wants-to-see-xenoblade-chronicles-x-on-switch/

Last edited:
Back