• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Monthly TBT Tournament #9

Cress

Bells
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
r3vct9f.jpg

Getttttt tipped on

BRACKET:
http://challonge.com/TBTMonthly9

Okay new tournament, please sign up, etc etc.

You will have 48 hours to complete your matches, but you are allowed a 24 hour extension. (If this goes until Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa when people are going to be traveling, I'll make exceptions. But let's finish before then and not have to worry about that!)

All games will be best out of 3, except for semi-finals and finals, those will be best out of 5

Stages:
Final Destination / Omega stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town & City
Dreamland 64
I think we did fine with just starter stages last time, so I'll stick with that.

All matches will have the 3 stocks format along with an 8 minute time-limit.

Customs are not allowed
NEW RULES???
Yep, we have to change some stuff up.

-Return of the 100 TBT Deposit Fee
There were too many dropouts last time, let's try to lessen that.

-FREE MIIS!
Any mii is allowed, change the size or moves to whatever you want! Or don't use miis and don't care at all. That's a choice too.

-Stage Bans
Are you excellent at spamming on Final Destination and that's the only way you can win? That's cute, but you're gonna have to win on other stages to move forward in this tournament.
After winning at a stage earlier in the set, you can NOT select that stage again for the rest of the set.
You can pick stages you lost at though, but you probably shouldn't.
And DUNEVENTHINK about going to Omega Mario Galaxy after winning at Omega Pirate Ship, Omegas and Final Destination all count as 1 stage.

1. *PuffleKirby21
2. *Jeremy
3. *ZigZag991
4. *Thericefish
5. *AkatsukiYoshi
6. *Nox
7. DarkDesertFox
8. *Ness-Star
9. *Azza

*=TBT returned

Okay I think that's it. I made this at 5 AM since I couldn't sleep so there's probably errors or some stuff that needs clarification.​

Last edited:
Is everyone that scared of small Brawler with Helicopter Kick?

I'll join. Can we maybe add counter pick stages and do the standard tournament striking rules?

First game out of neutral stages only:
p1 strikes 1
p2 strikes 2
p1 strikes 1

Other games out of neutral or counter pick:
winner strikes 2
p2 picks out of the rest

I'll join. Can we maybe add counter pick stages and do the standard tournament striking rules?

First game out of neutral stages only:
p1 strikes 1
p2 strikes 2
p1 strikes 1

Other games out of neutral or counter pick:
winner strikes 2
p2 picks out of the rest

I was thinking about doing that, but it would be a bit difficult since we would have to type everything out instead of directly talking.

Tournaments with only 3 people aren't that fun just saying.

I would enter but my internet has been pretty terrible for the past few weeks. I'd rather not make people SD because of laggy matches.

Decided to have the tournament start when we reach 8 sign ups. I guess Smash isn't that popular anymore. :/

Decided to have the tournament start when we reach 8 sign ups. I guess Smash isn't that popular anymore. :/

I think it's still popular but it might be the entry deposit that's putting people off. There's been quite a lot of views and not a lot of actual posts...

I think it's still popular but it might be the entry deposit that's putting people off. There's been quite a lot of views and not a lot of actual posts...

Yeah I would join but the entry deposit is.......yeah

Yeah I would join but the entry deposit is.......yeah

The way the deposit fee works is that you would get your TBT regardless if you win or lose the matches. You only lose the TBT if you don't show up for your matches. The last tournament took forever because matches were getting done either very late or never. The deposit is there as a consequence so people will most likely play their matches on time.

I'm definitely up to join - But can't pay the fee. Maaaybe lower it, or remove it? :p

Last edited:
Oh dear.

When For Fun is more preffered than these tournaments then you know we have a problem.

(But in actuality For Fun's actually really fun.)

Last edited:
Back